Question: Transportation of Resource

Pacific War is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
RTNofYAMAMOTO

Question: Transportation of Resource

Post by RTNofYAMAMOTO »

Hi friends, I'm going to be ready for new games.
I'll be glad if you give me an answer about my question.

How can I load "Resource" or "Oil" on the cargo TFs?
The command is rejected even in the friend ZOC.
Are there any conditions required?
Is this command available?

Isoroku
Dear Chester,
I'll gift 100-years-long regret to you.
Best regards, Isoroku
Capt. Harlock

RE: Question: Transportation of Resource

Post by Capt. Harlock »

How can I load "Resource" or "Oil" on the cargo TFs? The command is rejected even in the friend ZOC. Are there any conditions required?
I confess I've never run short of resources, so I've never tried to load them onto a convoy. Oil, however, is a whole different story. To load Oil, you must have either TK or AO type ships. More, the Oil must not have already been loaded during the Routine Convoy Phase. If the Oil has already been shipped for that turn, an asterisk (*) will appear by the Oil rating number of the base. Nearly all bases not isolated (i.e. in a friendly ZOC) will have their Oil shipped automatically.

The detail about the asterisk does not appear in the manual, but it was published in the Pacific War Data Card with the original game. Now that the game is being electronically downloaded, not that many people have access to it, so I've attached a text version of it to this post. The part about Oil is after "page 14". There are many other important rules, such as about victory points, which a lot of people are unaware of.

One advance technique: if all the available Oil has been taken, it can still be useful to ship refined fuel back to Japan. Cities on the Home Islands use fuel, and then draw from the National Oil Reserve to replenish their stocks. Therefore, if you capture bases with lots of excess fuel, moving it to a Home Island city will reduce the strain on the National Oil Reserve. It's best to use AO's for this so that TK's are still available for Routine Convoys.
Attachments
PacWarDataCard.txt
(13.61 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
zeke99

Post by zeke99 »

Resources can be loaded on MCS if not alrady taken * and should be unloaded in Nagoya.
RTNofYAMAMOTO

Post by RTNofYAMAMOTO »

Dear Captain and Zeke, thank you very much for your replies.

Now I'm studying the scenario "Leyte Gulf" (of course, as the Japanese side).
In the later stage, I've faced the "Resource" problem, not the "Oil".

I cannot find the "*"s.
Are there in the list of "OIL/RESOURCE LIST:"?
I tried two ways to appear it.

May I beg your further information?

Isoroku
Dear Chester,
Best regards, Isoroku
zeke99

Post by zeke99 »

You have to check the bases.
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

To give the "Checking Bases Made Easy" version:

Move the cursor over the base in question, then press the "F6" hotkey. A window will pop up, giving you a list of resources, oil, factories, and shipyards, if present, at that base.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
RTNofYAMAMOTO

Post by RTNofYAMAMOTO »

Thank you, Zeke and Captain.
I succeeded to load "Resource" and "Oil" on a TF.

I describe the facts I noticed by the tests, as my gratitude.
The availability of the "Oil" transportation seems to depend on the production size of the base.
The "Resource" seems to be available at any bases.

(at the "Leyte Gulf", 6/19/45)
                                    Type 1 TL(TK,250)  Shiretoko(AO,200)  Fuzisan Maru(TK,150)
Palembang(Oil:25)                          O                       O                        O
Singapore(Oil:10)                            X                       X                        O
Rangoon(Oil:5)                                X                       X                        X
Dear Chester,
Best regards, Isoroku

Return to “Pacific War: The Matrix Edition”