Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question: Transportation of Resource

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Question: Transportation of Resource Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question: Transportation of Resource - 8/15/2009 1:56:46 PM   
RTNofYAMAMOTO

Hi friends, I'm going to be ready for new games.
I'll be glad if you give me an answer about my question.

How can I load "Resource" or "Oil" on the cargo TFs?
The command is rejected even in the friend ZOC.
Are there any conditions required?
Is this command available?

Isoroku
Post #: 1
RE: Question: Transportation of Resource - 8/15/2009 7:40:01 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

How can I load "Resource" or "Oil" on the cargo TFs? The command is rejected even in the friend ZOC. Are there any conditions required?

I confess I've never run short of resources, so I've never tried to load them onto a convoy. Oil, however, is a whole different story. To load Oil, you must have either TK or AO type ships. More, the Oil must not have already been loaded during the Routine Convoy Phase. If the Oil has already been shipped for that turn, an asterisk (*) will appear by the Oil rating number of the base. Nearly all bases not isolated (i.e. in a friendly ZOC) will have their Oil shipped automatically.

The detail about the asterisk does not appear in the manual, but it was published in the Pacific War Data Card with the original game. Now that the game is being electronically downloaded, not that many people have access to it, so I've attached a text version of it to this post. The part about Oil is after "page 14". There are many other important rules, such as about victory points, which a lot of people are unaware of.

One advance technique: if all the available Oil has been taken, it can still be useful to ship refined fuel back to Japan. Cities on the Home Islands use fuel, and then draw from the National Oil Reserve to replenish their stocks. Therefore, if you capture bases with lots of excess fuel, moving it to a Home Island city will reduce the strain on the National Oil Reserve. It's best to use AO's for this so that TK's are still available for Routine Convoys.

Attachment (1)

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to RTNofYAMAMOTO)
Post #: 2
RE: Question: Transportation of Resource - 8/16/2009 1:12:07 AM   
zeke99

Resources can be loaded on MCS if not alrady taken * and should be unloaded in Nagoya.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 3
RE: Question: Transportation of Resource - 8/16/2009 7:29:58 AM   
RTNofYAMAMOTO

Dear Captain and Zeke, thank you very much for your replies.

Now I'm studying the scenario "Leyte Gulf" (of course, as the Japanese side).
In the later stage, I've faced the "Resource" problem, not the "Oil".

I cannot find the "*"s.
Are there in the list of "OIL/RESOURCE LIST:"?
I tried two ways to appear it.

May I beg your further information?

Isoroku

(in reply to zeke99)
Post #: 4
RE: Question: Transportation of Resource - 8/16/2009 8:14:27 AM   
zeke99

You have to check the bases.

(in reply to RTNofYAMAMOTO)
Post #: 5
RE: Question: Transportation of Resource - 8/16/2009 6:31:48 PM   
Capt. Harlock

To give the "Checking Bases Made Easy" version:

Move the cursor over the base in question, then press the "F6" hotkey. A window will pop up, giving you a list of resources, oil, factories, and shipyards, if present, at that base.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to zeke99)
Post #: 6
RE: Question: Transportation of Resource - 8/17/2009 3:03:27 PM   
RTNofYAMAMOTO

Thank you, Zeke and Captain.
I succeeded to load "Resource" and "Oil" on a TF.

I describe the facts I noticed by the tests, as my gratitude.
The availability of the "Oil" transportation seems to depend on the production size of the base.
The "Resource" seems to be available at any bases.

(at the "Leyte Gulf", 6/19/45)
                                   Type 1 TL(TK,250)  Shiretoko(AO,200)  Fuzisan Maru(TK,150)
Palembang(Oil:25)                          O                       O                        O
Singapore(Oil:10)                            X                       X                        O
Rangoon(Oil:5)                                X                       X                        X

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Question: Transportation of Resource Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI