Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Historical - Team Abbrev - RetroSheet - Team Relocations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Historical - Team Abbrev - RetroSheet - Team Relocations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Historical - Team Abbrev - RetroSheet - Team Relocations - 8/15/2009 9:12:37 AM   
CrashDavis

If you're a Historical player who follows the RetroSheet schedules year after year, this chart may come in handy soon:

Year	Team	            Relocates To	          Abbrev
1953	Boston Braves	   Milwaukee Braves	  ML1
1954	St Louis Browns	   Baltimore Orioles	  BAL
1955	Philadelphia A's     Kansas City A's	           KC1
1958	New York Giants	   San Francisco Giants      SFN
1958	Brooklyn Dodgers     Los Angeles Dodgers	  LAN
1961	Washington Senators  Minnesota Twins	           MIN
1965     Los Angeles Angels   California Angels          CAL
1966	Milwaukee Braves     Atlanta Braves	           ATL
1968	Kansas City A's	   Oakland A's	           OAK
1970	Seattle Pilots	   Milwaukee Brewers	  ML4
1972	Washington Senators  Texas Rangers	           TEX
1997     California Angels    Anaheim Angels             ANA
2005     Anaheim Angels       Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim LAA
2005	Montreal Expos	   Washington Nationals       WAS

In the off-season, between the FA signing period and before Spring Training, there is a Team Abbrev box that you can
change a teams abbrev. It is located on the teams Region/Weather page. Then after Spring Training, PS will autodetect the RetroSheet
schedule.
If you should forget to change it during that window of opportunity, you will have to do it manually with a utility or MS Access.

< Message edited by CrashDavis -- 8/15/2009 3:49:25 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Historical - Team Abbrev - RetroSheet - Team Reloca... - 8/15/2009 3:11:42 PM   
motnahp

Crash (or anyone else):

I played a 1996 season with the compatible Retrosheet schedule included in the game. When I continued into 1997, I was not as fortunate.

I saw the schedule but it would not import into the game. Are you aware of anything odd that would cause 1997 to not load? MLB expansion was in 1998 and I realize I'll need to do some changes for '98, but is there an issue with 1997 that I need to know about?

(in reply to CrashDavis)
Post #: 2
RE: Historical - Team Abbrev - RetroSheet - Team Reloca... - 8/15/2009 3:27:59 PM   
CrashDavis

Ah, yes, the Angels. I'm glad you reminded me. I'll need to add them to the list. They're the only team to change names like 4 times without ever actually relocating. Nonetheless, RetroSheet uses a different abbrev for them when they changed their name - including 1997.

SL

(in reply to CrashDavis)
Post #: 3
RE: Historical - Team Abbrev - RetroSheet - Team Reloca... - 8/15/2009 7:25:33 PM   
motnahp

I feel like a fool for not catching that myself. I ended up using a sked from another year to play 1997.

Los Angeles Angels, California Angels, Anaheim Angels, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Make up your minds already!

(in reply to CrashDavis)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Historical - Team Abbrev - RetroSheet - Team Relocations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI