Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flooding damage

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Flooding damage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flooding damage - 8/8/2009 7:26:47 AM   
jamesm

Could someone explain how this now works in WitP-AE?

Also how can you can make shipyards or other repair facilities to fix the flooding damage first so it is safer to transport the ships to major repair ports?

Also in WitP if you you had a ship that has flooding damage and you try to move to another port to repair it, the flooding would continue to get worse until the ship sinks. I have noticed in witP-AE that I can move ships with substantial flooding damage (also systems and engineering damage) from say Pearl Harbour to US West Coast ports without the the flooding getting worse.

Post #: 1
RE: Flooding damage - 8/8/2009 7:37:06 AM   
FAsea

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamesm
Also in WitP if you you had a ship that has flooding damage and you try to move to another port to repair it, the flooding would continue to get worse until the ship sinks. I have noticed in witP-AE that I can move ships with substantial flooding damage (also systems and engineering damage) from say Pearl Harbour to US West Coast ports without the the flooding getting worse.

You must have gotten lucky because it still works that way in AE. I've lost some this way already.
And when the damage is compounded (say flooding+sys) the chances are even worse.

(in reply to jamesm)
Post #: 2
RE: Flooding damage - 8/8/2009 1:32:48 PM   
John Lansford

If you've repaired the "minor" flooding damage then there's only a slight chance that the ships will continue flooding while at sea.  This chance goes up if you've got serious engine or system damage, though; I had to return St. Louis to Pearl Harbor (Sys 60, Flot 45, Eng 30 damage) when the flooding started getting worse just a day out of Pearl towards the WC.  Now I'm afraid to send any of my BB's to the WC because their damage numbers are worse than that!

(in reply to FAsea)
Post #: 3
RE: Flooding damage - 8/8/2009 2:58:49 PM   
Dixie

As I understand it:

Once the minor flood damage has been fixed, you're left with major flood damage.  At this point the ship is probably safe to sail, but: there is a chance that the temporary repairs will fail and the flooding will get worse with more minor flooding starting again.  This is particularly the case with high sys damage which would represent the possibility that generators and pumps have been knocked out.

If any of the damages are in the red then my ships stay at PH.  Once the various damage levels are all below 40 I might chance a trip to the US, but only if the sys damage is considerably lower than that.

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 4
RE: Flooding damage - 8/8/2009 3:08:12 PM   
treespider

It should be noted that "Minor" flood Damage is the difference between "Total" Flood Damage and "Major" Flood Damage.

If "Major" Damage equals "Total" Damage there is no "Minor" damage.

"Minor" Damage = Water

"Major" Damage = Strutural issues.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 5
RE: Flooding damage - 8/8/2009 3:23:51 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamesm

Also how can you can make shipyards or other repair facilities to fix the flooding damage first so it is safer to transport the ships to major repair ports?

What to repair is determined by the repair process, with things that can cause loss of the ship given priority. Flooding is given a high priority.

However, the general idea is to work on everything at once - i.e. shipyard workers crawling all over the ship.

(in reply to jamesm)
Post #: 6
RE: Flooding damage - 8/8/2009 3:24:06 PM   
IndyShark

I have the Enterprise docked at Tulagi with 57 SYS damage and 47 FLOT (40 major). Can I sail her to Noumea or should I wait for her to damage go down. Needless to say, Tulagi isn't a great place to loiter...

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 7
RE: Flooding damage - 8/8/2009 3:32:04 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

As I understand it:

Once the minor flood damage has been fixed, you're left with major flood damage.  At this point the ship is probably safe to sail, but: there is a chance that the temporary repairs will fail and the flooding will get worse with more minor flooding starting again.  This is particularly the case with high sys damage which would represent the possibility that generators and pumps have been knocked out.

If any of the damages are in the red then my ships stay at PH.  Once the various damage levels are all below 40 I might chance a trip to the US, but only if the sys damage is considerably lower than that.

And if your Japanese...your chances of the ship sinking instead of making port increase astronomicly.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Flooding damage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI