Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kudos on base / LCU supply redistribution

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Kudos on base / LCU supply redistribution Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kudos on base / LCU supply redistribution - 8/6/2009 5:47:11 AM   
fbs

An example of how the game can provide unexpected results, while behaving exactly as programmed:

Eastern Canada has 100,000 supplies on 12-7-41, and receives 1,000 supplies each day. I'm with replacements and base expansion off by default, so nothing is consumed there. So in 12-8-41 it should have at 101,000 supplies, less what was transferred or used, right? Unexpectedly it has 102,806 supplies - an excess of 1,806.

I was left scratching my head, until I noticed that it has one unit (RCAF Canada Base Force) with 2,000 supplies on 12-7-41, when it requires only 178 supplies. So the game smartly left 188 supplies on that unit on 12-8-41, and repossessed 1,812 supplies back to the base; with the 1,000 daily allowance, and less 6 for local consumption (or whatever), the math fits exactly at 100,000 + 1,812 - 6 + 1,000 = 102,806.

The whole mechanism is quite nice and very smart. Kudos to the programming team to going to these details.

Cheers
fbs
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Kudos on base / LCU supply redistribution Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI