Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kamikaze Planes in 1945

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Kamikaze Planes in 1945 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kamikaze Planes in 1945 - 8/4/2009 10:31:16 AM   
Historiker

Is there some sort of "convoi" arriving to equip the units? They are obviously (mostly) training units now fittet for Kamikaze. Otherwise I doubt that someone will invest in building K-9...

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
Post #: 1
RE: Kamikaze Planes in 1945 - 8/4/2009 12:19:11 PM   
timtom

Maybe with lasers?

Seriously though, the ex-trainers come readymade with a complement of a/c.

Attachment (1)

Where's the Any key?

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 2
RE: Kamikaze Planes in 1945 - 8/4/2009 12:57:16 PM   
Historiker

As I expected! Thank you timtom! 

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to timtom)
Post #: 3
RE: Kamikaze Planes in 1945 - 8/4/2009 3:02:12 PM   
Q-Ball

How do Kamikazes work now? I don't think they really did in WITP.

I ran a few tests of Kamis against helpless transports with no CAP, and never acheived the 13% hit rate that the USN reported historically. Remember, that was with zero resistance against parked tankers. (I posted this on WITP forum). You can get close to that in WITP, if you use experienced pilots, with no CAP, and minimal flak; of course, you would have none of those things historically.

Of course, the late-war Japanese player had the opportunity to produce unrealistic quantities of planes, AND put OK pilots in those planes from a quick training program in China. This has been eliminated in AE, thankfully.

Uber Cap is also gone, so Kamis should also actually get through now, but I am still curious what the hit rate is. That historical hit rate was AFTER CAP, after flak, using crap planes and crap pilots.

The USN considered Kamikazes an extremely serious and dangerous threat, and hopefully AE Kamikazes work that way.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 4
RE: Kamikaze Planes in 1945 - 8/4/2009 3:50:53 PM   
Tofke

Can we use Kamikazes against base ?

Tofke

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 5
RE: Kamikaze Planes in 1945 - 8/4/2009 6:18:29 PM   
Miller

I will never forget the day I had saved all my high exp torpedo carrying kami sqds for a massive strike.

Unfortunately they considered a PT boat TF and a land base in China as higher value targets than the enemy carriers

(in reply to Tofke)
Post #: 6
RE: Kamikaze Planes in 1945 - 8/9/2009 5:35:16 PM   
Gommer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

I will never forget the day I had saved all my high exp torpedo carrying kami sqds for a massive strike.

Unfortunately they considered a PT boat TF and a land base in China as higher value targets than the enemy carriers

Those fools! They should be immediately killed for their unforgivable stupidity!

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Kamikaze Planes in 1945 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI