a) Kate - there is one factory with no produktion (Hiroshima). In case of expansion, switch the factory from B5N1 to B5N2, since here is no automatic upgrade.
b) E15K1 Norm - a floatplane. Better range than Jake, better performance in general - however the Jake gets radar eventually. No units spawn with the Norm.
c) Nate factories will not autoupgrade.
d) No production of Tojos whatsoever, without changing things. And no airgroups coming equipped with them. However Nate/Oscar groups can convert to Tojo.
e) Helen 1a (future MAD) will autoconvert to newer model (not MAD capable)
f) Out of production models (like Claude) can be reintroduced - they got dumped in WitP at the same turn. I am not sure if this is true for all models.
Do both have the Radar/MAD? If so, nice to keep it in production and finally stop it when the pool is big enough in 42. As soon as the carrier's Kates are replaced (I'm optimistic, still carrier left ) You should have enough of them for years of ASW duty.
Seems to me like a "why build then"? Floatplanes will always just play a neglible part. The patrol boats have en enourmus range and carriers use DBs for naval search. The few SCTFs without CVs will do fine with the Jake. Land based FPs will be great for ASW duty with radar, especially as they are also usable from undeveloped bases by AVs where the Kates can't do their job. So I don't think I'm going to build it.
I'd recoment to stop the production of Nakajima Kotobuki immediately and when they're used up, convert the Nate factorys.
So use the Nate factories, no?
Can the autoupgrade be stopped? If no, is the Helen really needed for ASW? It has two engines and the ranges of Kate and Jake aren't that shorter.
It should be tested whether they immediately (or within some days) upgrade along their upgrade path. If not, we have a solution for (e)
- A6M2 Zero production now upgrades to A6M2 Sen Baku, in 2/44... this will have to be changed manually to something better than Zeros before then. The questions are when, and to what?
- A6M3 Zero is not carrirer-capable. Yet, it may play an important part... how many should we produce per month? It does convert to A6M3a in 12/42, which is carrier-capable.
So the A6M2 until the A6M3a arrive. Then maybe changeing some A6M2 factorys...
- B5N2 Kate... 32 per month I guess.
That should be sufficiant, I guess. Less may also be enough as there are plenty of Kates when the Jill arrives, but we need a pool to replace losses after a carrier battle.
- There is no factory building C5M2 Babs... should we convert one? This plane does not convert automatically to anything.
No. It also needs the Ha-35. I'll most likely use them up and then let the empty units wait for the Myrt.
- D3A1 Val production does convert automatically to D3A2, which in turn converts to D5Y1 in 11/45. Should this be manually converted to D4Y1 production in 4/43?
The D5Y1 is the Kami version of the D3A1, no? If so, of course convert to Judy. Even if not, they have to be stopped after Judy introduction. No need for obsolete DBs!
- I am considering keeping E13A1/1b production until the end of the war, instead of going with E15K1.
That's what I'll do. They'll stay usefull ASW platforms throughout the war.
- F1M2 Pete is not a bad plane for point-defense in the beggining stages of the war. Later it may need to be phased out, but unescorted Brittish and Dutch bombers might get a nasty surprise once in a while.
I'll stop them immediately. The few existing are enough IMO, no need to build additional ones!
- Should we continue G3M2 Nell production, or should we switch production to G4M1 Betty and, if so, when? It upgrades automatically to the G3M3 Nell in 5/42, which dies have radar, whereas the Betty gets radar only in 6/44, with the G4M2a model.
The G3N3 may be produced on until its engines are needed for Ki-102 and Ki-100 IMO
- The H6K5 Mavis has radar in 6/42. The H8K2 Emily gets radar in 3/43. The Emily is the better plane, so the question is... how important is radar?
It won't have radar before the radar itself arrives. As this should be later: Swich to Emily as soon as there are no more Mavis!
- The J2M2 Jack is armored, and it appears in 9/43, earlier than the armored A6Mx models. The N1K1-J George appears in 9/43, and it is also armored. My thinking at this point is to choose only one for serious deployment.
Both have factorys producing them, both have different engines. I'd propose to produce both but to decide looking at the engines which to increase.
- The P1Y1 Frances is armored, and appears in 11/43, one year before the G4M3a gets armor. How many units should field this plane?
As many as you can afford.
@vonSchnitter / Transports
I have to look at the engines more closely, but I tend to keep production of L2D2 as workhorse, G4M1-L for ordinary LR transport and the H8K2-L for emergency LR transport. The production of the rest should be stopped IMO, especially the Mavis transports.
< Message edited by Historiker -- 8/4/2009 8:07:52 PM >
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!
There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson