Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Niemirow

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Scenarios and Campaigns >> Niemirow Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Niemirow - 7/31/2009 12:39:33 AM   
Mobius

I found a link to this over at Game Squad Forums.
http://www.dishmodels.ru/gshow.htm?p=2483
May be a nice sceario if one could determine the OOB.
Seems to have a few of several different Soviet tanks. We don't have any T-28s in PCK though. But I can't tell if all the different types were actually there or pics added for color.

Good examples of period houses and building if anyone wants to add those models.
Post #: 1
RE: Niemirow - 8/3/2009 3:15:58 AM   
Mobius

That wasn't so bad. Still need to get the OOB for the scenario.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 2
RE: Niemirow - 8/3/2009 4:17:52 AM   
junk2drive

Good looking map. Nice to have all that info to work with.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 3
RE: Niemirow - 8/5/2009 1:06:42 AM   
CraigB

I have found a brief account of the battle in the (German language) memoirs of Wigand Wüster, an artillery officer in the heavy artillery battalion of 71st Infantry Division (IV/171 Art Regt). The German language memoirs are Göttingen – Stalingrad – München. A portion of those memoirs have been published in English as An Artilleryman in Stalingrad (Leaping Horseman Books), but deal only with 1942, commencing around the time of the Kharkov battles in May.

I have done a rough translation of Wigand’s account into English, although my German is poor.

Anyhow, the gist of Wigand’s account is as follows:

Wigand says that the engagement at Niemirow began around midday on 24 June, actually using the German equivalent to “all hell broke loose.” He reports there were numerous BTs involved in the attack (he describes Christie tanks with their renowned running gear and detachable tracks), but although these tanks were modern and agile, the anti-tank guns were able to deal with them effectively. A surprise though was the T34 tanks, which neither the 37mm or 50mm PAK could penetrate frontally. The tanks caused confusion in Niemirow itself, crushing horse columns under their tracks, including a platoon of heavy infantry guns. Wigand says the T34s “vanquished” the divisional anti-tank guns, but some of the “monsters” were knocked out in “courageous single-handed close combat” by concentrated charges (geballten Ladungen) or anti-tank mines (Panerminen) thrown onto the rear decks of the tanks. The T34s even approached the firing positions of the “light batteries” (i.e. the 105mm batteries of the artillery regiment). He says that the T34s were “mostly” able to withstand the fire of the 105s, which of course implies that some of the T34s were knocked out by direct fire by these guns.

Wigand was with the 10th Battery of the 171 Artillery Regiment, which was equipped with 150mm howitzers. He says the regiment’s twelve heavy howitzers (i.e. the whole of IV Abteilung) concentrated their fire (direct or indirect I am not sure, but probably indirect) on the approach road to Niemirow, where it entered the town. He said the 150mm HE did not have much luck in stopping the T34s either, but that it forced them to evade, and move off the road. To the north of the road, tanks bogged down in a sandy area, while to the south of the road they encountered swampland and sank in above their tracks. He says two Russian tanks collided near the entrance to Niemirow, and effectively blocked the road, which Wigand identifies as important in halting the Russian attack.

He reports that 10th Battery had to cease fire for a short time because there was a torrential downpour, and the rain was affecting the fuses of the shells, causing them to detonate early. He says that initially he did not think that was possible, but was convinced he was right, claiming that a practiced eye can follow the flight of the shell (“as a dark point”) if one stood underneath the barrel of the weapon when it fires.

Wigand says that the attack created some “tank fright” (Panzerschreck) among the troops, the shock of which had not worn off the following day. The rumour also spread that the Russians had locked their tankers in their vehicles, sealing (“screwing down”) the hatches from the outside. Wigand says he did not believe the rumour, noting that he had seen knocked out Russian tanks that had clearly been abandoned by their crews.

He says that late on the 24th the battery was involved in a map shoot on a wood in which there was a heavy concentration of trucks and armoured vehicles, according to the report of a pilot who had flown over it. After they had fired off most of the ammunition, they realized they had made a mistake and shot at the wrong patch of wood. They were going to conceal their error, but the next day, advancing troops discovered the wood they had fired at was full of burnt out and damaged vehicles (Fahrzeugen – presumably softskins). Wigand speculates that the pilot had mistakenly reported the wrong location for the vehicle park, and the battery’s error had corrected the pilot’s mistake for him. Or possibly both patches of wood had been full of vehicles. Either way, Wigand says he and his men bragged shamelessly about their “success.”

If desired I could post a more literal translation of Wüster’s account, but it does not really add to the detail above. I remember reading somewhere (not in Wüster’s account) that the divisional anti-tank battalion of 71st Division took significant losses at Niemirow, and that Niemirow’s town square was the scene of heavy fighting. I will try and dig the account out if I can remember where I read it.

I know the above is not much of a help in terms of constructing an OB, but I hope it is of some assistance.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
RE: Niemirow - 8/5/2009 1:19:29 AM   
spellir74

That is a good looking map.

There were T-28s at that link?

I only saw BT's.

(BT5's are The BT 7 with a BA6 turret on it. The turret needs to be lowered onto the BT7 in a Model program. Then the turret's texture should be mapped to a modded texture.)

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 5
RE: Niemirow - 8/5/2009 1:19:55 AM   
spellir74

Good account CraigB. Thanks.

(in reply to CraigB)
Post #: 6
RE: Niemirow - 8/5/2009 4:58:27 AM   
spellir74

Oh I did see T-28s at the site -- towards the end.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to spellir74)
Post #: 7
RE: Niemirow - 8/5/2009 2:52:27 PM   
Mobius

I downloaded pdf an account of the battle in Russian. They have besides the T-34s (Model 1940) and BT-7 and BT-7M two 2 T-28s and of all things a T-37. PCK doesn't have a T-28 and probably won't anytime soon.
PCK doesn't have the sIG-33 either. There was supposedly a leIG18 which the 75mm infantry gun can pose.
I'm not sure what could be used for the sIG-33.

Also this is day 3 of the war and the Germans are fighting T-34s. It looks like the 8th Tank Division had over 100 T-34 at this time. So Michael Wittmann's account of fighting T-34s with his StuG in July 1941 has more credence than I thought.

< Message edited by Mobius -- 8/5/2009 9:41:38 PM >

(in reply to spellir74)
Post #: 8
RE: Niemirow - 8/7/2009 1:20:14 AM   
Mobius

These guys put out a pdf book on the subject.
http://front2000.ru/fi-2008-04.shtml

Download from here.
http://rapidshare.com/files/193511301/Niemirow_Safe_safe.pdf

Looks like most of the BT-7s where the BT-7M. I guess that should be added to the vehicle collection. At least the data.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 9
RE: Niemirow - 8/7/2009 3:00:04 AM   
spellir74

Yes. And Probably the T37s, 38s and 40s too.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 10
RE: Niemirow - 8/7/2009 11:47:02 AM   
spellir74

Mobius (and all) are you aware of this site?...

http://www.3dxtras.com/3dxtras-search-category.asp?sort=0&page=1&mysearch=tank

I heard of this from our friend JMass.

3dsmax versions. They need to be converted to .x. Probably scaled and stuff -- BUT IT IS DOABLE.

The license is free so long as not in a for-sale pack. That means that any of these we use can't be part of a matrix publication. But we would just have these models be a user addon after market. (This is just like having an outlawed national flags pack be available as a user mod after market.)

You need to sign up for free to that 3dmax addon site to download each of the models seperately.

I myself am in no position to take on another project right now.

But I can pack the pictured in the attached image all up in one pack (since I have already downloaded them) and make them available somewhere (say Rapidshare etc). SEND ME A PM.

I have just purchased 'ZD soft recorder' (just right now actually).

I was going to make some tutorials for FRAGMOTION, uploaded to YouTube. Then others can do some models.

I was going to demonstrate how to put that turret on the BT; how to do a more complex merge and sculpt model (the PzIID and FlammPz from PzII c-F); and how to texture, weight and animate Ryan's PzI. I will also do a conversion from one of those 3dsmax files to a useable in PzC .x.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 11
RE: Niemirow - 8/7/2009 2:44:50 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: spellir74

Mobius (and all) are you aware of this site?...

http://www.3dxtras.com/3dxtras-search-category.asp?sort=0&page=1&mysearch=tank

I saw that but they are pretty high polly. I found this site which has a more useful number of pollys.
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/316371

(in reply to spellir74)
Post #: 12
RE: Niemirow - 8/31/2009 12:18:07 AM   
CraigB

I see that Mobius has posted a Russian-language PDF article describing the battle in Niemirow. I don’t read Russian (to my regret) but the maps and diagrams suggest it goes into some detail about the battle. I don’t know if Mobius or any of the guys on this forum can read Russian, but if so, this post may not provide any extra detail to what the article actually contains.

However, I have recently obtained a copy of the divisional history of 71st Infantry (“Cloverleaf”) Division [ Die 71. Infanterie-Division im Zweiten Weltkrieg 1939-1945 (Arbeitsgemeinschaft “Das Kleeblatt”: Hildesheim, 1973).] It is in German, and as I have mentioned in an earlier post, translation is a laborious exercise for me, but the result is, I believe, reasonably accurate. Given it was the division’s first major engagement in the eastern campaign, the book provides considerable detail about the battle.

I have translated the first few pages of this account. I will paraphrase some of my translation (so as to avoid the occasional sentence I had difficulty with and am not sure if I have translated accurately).

A few words about place names mentioned in the account: the main road which leaves Niemirow and turns to the north east leads to the village of Wroblaczyn, and the road leading east from Niemirow goes to Szczerzec. So, here goes [from pp.115ff]:

…By about 10:20a.m. [i.e. on 24 June 1941] 1.(Bicycle)/I.R.211 and 1.(Bicycle)/I.R.194 had taken possession of Niemirow and cleared enemy resistance in the place. At this moment there came repeated tank alarms from the front, so that the II/A.R.171 moving into position west of Niemirow took measures to defend against attacking tanks. The Pioneer Platoon of I.R.211 laid a mine barrier across the road at the edge of the woods west of Niemirow and consequently blocked traffic to the front. However, detailed visual reconnaissance was not able to identify any enemy tanks. Meanwhile the III./I.R.211 had passed through Niemirow with its leading elements in a northerly direction, and around 11:30 a.m. found itself on the march, with its leading 11. Company and two platoons of 10 Company on the road to Wroblaczyn close to Height 285, with a platoon of 10 Company at the road exit from Niemirow, with the Battalion Staff and 9 Company in the western part of Niemirow, with two (one light, one heavy) infantry gun platoons of the 13 Company under command just north of the Niemirow marketplace heading in the direction of the northern exit.

Also finding themselves in Niemirow at this time:

1. (Bicycle)/ I.R.194 with two platoons at the marketplace, with one platoon at the northern exit, 1.(Bicycle)/I.R.211 with 1st Platoon at the eastern exit, 2nd Platoons at the northern exit, and its 3rd Platoon at the market place, 4 medium [37mm] and 2 medium [50mm] anti-tank guns of the 14./I.R. 211 at the northern exit from Niemirow in positions with firing directions to the east and northeast, and Pioneer Platoon, I.R. 211 in the vicinity of the marketplace.

A medium [50mm] anti-tank gun of the 14./I.R.211 engaged, from a position 150m east of the northern exit engaged an armoured reconnaissance vehicle standing in a cornfield east of Niemirow, and some people had supposedly seen more armoured vehicles in this open area. However, at this moment, one saw only tracks in the cornfields. Around 11:40 a large Russian tank rolled down the road from Szczerzec to Niemirow. It traveled alone. The medium anti-tank guns immediately took it under fire at a range of 1km, and tank alarms were sent to the rear by means of motorcycle messengers and flare signals. All of the available anti-tanks guns – 4 light and 2 medium – at the northern exit of Niemirow would have to be brought into position to have their main firing direction to the east of Niemirow. The positions were favourable in that the tanks had not seen them and at the eastern exit they could be hit from the flanks at a range of 200m. Meanwhile, however, the first tank passed unscathed turning to the north before the marketplace, simply flattening anything which stood in its way – in defiance of a light infantry gun and a medium anti-tank gun firing heavily at close range, the tank left Niemirow in the direction of Wroblaczyn, where it ran into the attacking I./I.R.211. [The I./I.R.211 had been ordered earlier that morning to attack toward Wroblaczyn – CB] The light platoon of 14./I.R. positioned there immediately took it under fire, but without result. A gun was shifted to the south west entrance to Niemirow, when the tank turned and with undiminished speed drove back to Niemirow braving more hits. Meanwhile at a distance of 1000m about twenty heavy Russian tanks followed the first leading tank and fought their way through the fire of all available defensive weapons to the western entrance to Niemirow. Unscathed, the first ten tanks penetrated Niemirow where they fired with their cannons on the first houses and suspected anti-tank gun positions. Numerous shacks went up in flames, the first losses were suffered. As the first of the 20 panzers began to turn from the marketplace to the north, it was knocked out by an anti-tank gun at close range, but it still rolled over the anti-tank gun. This tank blocked the road to the north, so that the next tank directly following could not pass by, even though it made repeated attempts to push the knocked out tank aside. Thereupon it turned around and drove with other panzers from the marketplace to drive through Niemirow to the south. Here it was met by the heavy platoon of the 13./I.R.211. The drivers jumped from their horses and brought them to safety. The horses reared up, and the whole platoon with two guns, two ammunition wagons, three field wagons, and 32 horses were massacred in a horribly destructive fury. At this moment the tank met the “point” [“Spitze”] of the anti-tank battalion marching from the south, whose 1st Company had reached the marketplace with a platoon. Both of the other platoons followed behind.

After quickly making ready to fire, the armoured vehicle was taken under fire by more barrels and knocked out after a brief exchange of fire. Several tanks of the heaviest design, braving the intense fire, succeeded in breaking through to capture the southern exit, where they encountered the barrels of the 2./Pz.Jg.Abt. and were knocked out. Several headed off the road and bogged down in meadowland. The Pioneer Platoon of I.R.211, in cooperation with the anti-tank gunners, was able to place concentrated charges on some of the tanks. In this way 10 Russian tanks were knocked out in Niemirow. The crews of the burning tanks attempted to escape, but almost without exception they were shot or taken prisoner.

Meanwhile, since the commencement of the attack, at the northern exit of Niemirow, the 1st Ordnance Officer of the Division, with the battery commander of the 4./A.R.171 and the company commander of the 1.(Bicycle)/I.R.194 had prepared the defence of the north east edge of Niemirow with all available weapons and soldiers. They found there a light infantry gun, 4 light and one medium anti-tank guns, one platoon of the 10./I.R.211, one platoon of the 1.(Bicycle)/I.R.211, the bulk [? – “Masse”] of the 1.(Bicycle)/I.R. 211, with their weapons. With machineguns, anti-tank rifles and machine pistols the almost-overwhelmed group fired at the heavy Russian tanks advancing in dense columns. Around noon, they eventually succeeded in putting a tank out of action, so that it lay across the street and burned. The following tank drove up and had to halt. With precise shots and with intensive fire to the flank of the nearest tanks to the south were brought to a halt and set ablaze. Eight to ten Russian tanks stood burning in front of Niemirow in complete confusion, a shocking, but for the battling troops, uplifting scene. Every soldier now had unshaken confidence that further attacks could be expected. There was barely time for that thought, when a second wave of about 12 tanks turned north off the road east of Niemirow, and attempted to attack the northern entrance to Niemirow. They fired wildly from many barrels. Niemirow was burning in many places. The inhabitants were still sitting in their houses, and some perished miserably. At short ranges the tanks in the cornfields at the north east edge of Niemirow were set ablaze by the deployment of all weapons. The crews fled and sought to reach the wood which lay to their rear. Only a few tanks were able to turn about and reach safety. After a short breathing space – the battle had already lasted over an hour – after the already greatly intermixed units were re-ordered and all available ammunition brought up, a new Russian tank attack deployed with about 10 vehicles out of the patch of woods 1km northeast of Niemirow, with the objective of pushing past Niemirow in a westerly direction. Behind them followed Russian infantry in separate detachments up to platoon strength, without heavy weapons. With machine guns and mortars these weak Russian forces were very quickly brought to a halt. They remained lying about 500m from Niemirow. The tanks suffered the same fate as their comrades before them. Either they became stuck in the open area or they were set ablaze. So there stood in the open terrain northeast of Niemirow about ten burning tanks, which exploded one after the other due to burning ammunition. Now for the first time some artillery fire was deployed, a forward artillery observer reported to the northern exit of Niemirow. The attacking Russian infantry were reduced to remnants by well laid artillery fire.

By 1.15pm, all corners of Niemirow were burning. In and about the village stood approximately 35 burning Russian tanks. The isolated crews of the tanks made the village unsafe in some places. A burning tank knocked out an hour earlier wounded two anti-tank gunners. The CO of the III./I.R.211 arrived around 1.30p.m. at the northern exit of Niemirow and took over the infantry defence of the village, with the 1.(Bicycle) Companies of I.R.194 and I.R.211 under command. Anti-tank security was transferred to the commander of the anti-tank battalion, who laid out in the village an anti-tank defence in echelon with part of one company pushed out north of Niemirow.

The above is what I have been able to translate so far. If people are interested, the divisional history has a couple more pages giving an account of the mid-late afternoon fighting on 24 June, and also a brief after action report by the 171st Anti-Tank Battalion. I can translate them if people want, but it will probably take me a couple of days.

Cheers
CraigB.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 13
RE: Niemirow - 8/31/2009 1:43:50 AM   
Rick

Craig,

Thanks for this translation! makes for good companion read!

Rick

(in reply to CraigB)
Post #: 14
RE: Niemirow - 8/31/2009 1:57:53 AM   
Stridor

Craig,

S.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 15
RE: Niemirow - 9/5/2009 3:29:30 PM   
invernomuto

I cannot help with 3D modelling but the map looks great. Hope to see a battle of Niemirow scenario soon.

Bye...

Small Ship, Big War - the Voyages of the Hibiki
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1363103

Best AAR I've ever seen!!!

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 16
RE: Niemirow - 9/5/2009 7:23:14 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: invernomuto
I cannot help with 3D modelling but the map looks great. Hope to see a battle of Niemirow scenario soon.

Here's a pic of the area near the Market. Had to build the horse-drawn 150mm sIG33 to get the scenario right.

We don't have horses in PCK and it would look a little odd to have cows pulling the guns.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mobius -- 9/5/2009 7:24:47 PM >

(in reply to invernomuto)
Post #: 17
RE: Niemirow - 9/7/2009 4:33:54 AM   
CraigB

Niemirow Account Part II

This continues from an earlier post the account of the fighting at Niemirow. The account is taken from the divisional history of the 71st Infantry Division [ Die 71. Infanterie-Division im Zweiten Weltkrieg 1939-1945 (Arbeitsgemeinschaft “Das Kleeblatt”: Hildesheim, 1973)], pages 118ff. Again, I request people forgive some awkwardness in my rough translation.

[NB: Wroblaczyn (also spelled Wroblacyn) is NE of Niemirow, Szczerzec is E of Niemirow, and Parypsy is maybe ENE of the town. If you draw a line from Wroblaczyn to Szczerzec, Parypsy is about halfway between the two.]

“Around 2:00p.m. quiet arrives after almost two and a half hours of defensive battle. Ammunition had to be brought forward quickly, as the anti-tank guns had fired almost all that they had. Division deployed the 3.(mot.)/Pi.Btl.171 with the intention of securing the exits from Niemirow in an easterly and south-easterly direction with adequate mine barriers. To reinforce the anti-tank defence the Divison deployed the 14./I.R.194 in Niemirow.

“The change in direction of the III./I.R.211 to Niemirow created a gap to the I Battalion, which was supposed to attack to the south of Wroblacyn, was closed by the deployment by Regiment of the II Battalion with the attack objective of Height 311 west of Parypsy. The attack of the II Battalion that was supposed to clear from the north of Niemirow to Height 285 was switched to the 10. and 11. Companies of the III. Battalion following an order from Regiment. Here on Height 285 north of Niemirow Lieutenant Poppe, N.A, [Signals Battalion] 171, had laid a telephone line to Regiment, and regularly informed Regiment about the course of the tank attacks.

“Around 1:45p.m. the II./I.R.211 reinforced by 10. and 11. Companies commenced to attack from the forming up point behind Height 285 north of Niemirow to the East, and by 2:00 p.m. had reached the range of hills 1km north east of Niemirow. The Battalion commander halted the battalion here, because he had detected 2km away a tank concentration, as well as increasing noise of vehicle engines. Defying some artillery fire deployed against them, about ten Russian tanks rolled to the attack against II Battalion. Preparation for anti-tank defence could only be put in place with the few weapons of the battalion, with anti-tank guns no longer available. Until the firing of the last rounds of s.m.K.H. [special armour piercing ammunition for rifles and machineguns] and anti-tank rifle ammunition the battalion held its position unshaken, and forced the Russian tanks to turn away. When the stand at this position then became pointless without an effective anti-tank defence, the Battalion made way until Height 285 made themselves ready for the defence of this place, with the parts of the III./I.R.211 already there, by 5:00 p.m. Contact was severed on the left with the neighbouring I./I.R. 211. I./I.R.211 was in the meantime carrying out its orders to take possession of Height 341 south of Wroblacyn, at 3:00 p.m. moving from the Niemirow-Wroblacyn road through the wooded area of Stupki (Papierna) and by 4:00 p.m. occupied the height without opposition. The Battalion then suddenly received flanking fire from the right out of a patch of woods, where the II Battalion should have gone forward. At the same time thirty armoured vehicles were detected rolling out of the Parypsy area. Artillery fire was immediately deployed and forced the armoured vehicles to turn away. The Battalion then reorganized itself for the defence, and held the height during the coming night, further advanced without support on its flanks and without secure lines of communication to the rear.

“In Niemirow the commander of the III./I.R.211 assembled the part of his battalion positioned in Niemirow, with the intention of following the attack to the heights north-east of Niemirow, when around 4:00p.m. it encountered a new Russian tank attack against Niemirow by thirty tanks armed with heavy cannon. At about the same time the Division received, from a message dropped from a plane, knowledge of the attack of approximately fifty Russian tanks against Niemirow. Through very effectively deployed artillery fire of the I., II., and IV./A.R.171, most of the tanks were forced to stop and turn around before the eastern edge of Niemirow. However, a few tanks were able to get into Niemirow, where they were put out of action by anti-tank guns or by the mine barriers laid the pioneers. Many tanks bogged down when they left the main road for the meadowland, and over the course of the next hours were individually destroyed by anti-tank guns, concentrated charges, or hand grenades. After the successful defence against these last big attacks, heavy enemy artillery fire was deployed against Niemirow, so that large blazes began and losses were suffered by the population of Niemirow. With all of the anti-tank guns and elements of the III./I.R.211 deployed in Niemirow there was a considerable ammunition shortage, due to the extremely high usage of anti-tank ammunition, so the Division intervened and allowed ammunition to be brought to the front more quickly by motorised columns or by the supply services.

“In Niemirow during the course of the day the many units thrown in to reinforce the defence created a great deal of inter-mixing of units, so around 5:00p.m. Division appointed the commander of I.R. 194, Major Dr Lanz, as commandant of Niemirow to organise the units and establish a planned night defence. In a short time, Major Dr Lanz created these conditions. For the infantry defence of Niemirow he deployed the following:

“I./I.R.194 at the south and southeast edge [i.e. of Niemirow – CB], III./I.R.211 at the east and north-east edge in contact with I./I.R.194 to the right and II./I.R.211 to its left.

“For the anti-tank defence the Pz. Jg. Abt [divisional anti-tank battalion] and 14./I.R.194 were deployed from south to north in Niemirow.

”The 3.(mot.)/Pi. Btl. strengthened and improved the existing mine barriers.

“All of the rest of the elements of the Division situated in Niemirow, after successful completion of their new order, assembled at the cemetery at the western exit of Niemirow, and there awaited further orders from their superiors.

“In the late afternoon and evening hours, only individual Russian tanks attempted to push into Niemirow. They were all killed by anti-tank guns or mines. Towards evening quiet finally set in, only at isolated positions was there some shooting.”

Cheers
CraigB

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 18
RE: Niemirow - 9/7/2009 5:36:29 AM   
Mobius

CraigB, thanks for all the work translating.

(in reply to CraigB)
Post #: 19
Niemirow Buildings - 9/11/2009 6:27:38 PM   
Mobius

There will be buildings specifically for Niemirow.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 20
RE: Niemirow Buildings - 9/11/2009 10:20:20 PM   
Stridor

luvrrly

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Scenarios and Campaigns >> Niemirow Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI