Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hexsides?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Hexsides? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hexsides? - 7/29/2009 8:58:32 PM   
Helldiver

Greetings.

I've done with the initial look at the game and the manual and am ready to begin Take #1 of the GC... I haven't seen much, if any, comment, about the new hexside control system for land combat.... has anyone who has gotten in a few days of actual land combat any comment/advice about the new system? Is it working? Does it make sense? Any difficulties?

Regards,
Helldiver
Post #: 1
RE: Hexsides? - 7/29/2009 9:00:57 PM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helldiver

Greetings.

I've done with the initial look at the game and the manual and am ready to begin Take #1 of the GC... I haven't seen much, if any, comment, about the new hexside control system for land combat.... has anyone who has gotten in a few days of actual land combat any comment/advice about the new system? Is it working? Does it make sense? Any difficulties?

Regards,
Helldiver

I designed it...yes it works...and it prevents the situation in WitP where units could pass through each others hexes.

One thing to keep in mind in some scenarios both sides start the scenario in the same hex...in those instances neither side control the hexsides in the hex.

< Message edited by treespider -- 7/29/2009 9:01:22 PM >

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to Helldiver)
Post #: 2
RE: Hexsides? - 7/29/2009 9:20:21 PM   
Helldiver

Treespider.

Tnx for the heads-up on the initial control of the hexsides... my question wasn't meant as doubt or criticism... just trying to use other players' experience to anticipate some of the many things I might not even think of or watch for... I am so very impressed with this game and the attention you all  have put into it..... it's a dream...

Regards,
Helldiver

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Hexsides? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI