Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aligning Patterns of Off Map Artillery

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Maps, Models and Mods >> Aligning Patterns of Off Map Artillery Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aligning Patterns of Off Map Artillery - 7/29/2009 2:06:39 AM   
Mobius

Map makers, I found a way to align the open sheaf of an off map artillery pattern. In the scenario editor if you move the position of your off map battery around the outside of a map it will change its pattern. You have to test your scenario to check the pattern.

I tried placing the battery on each side of a map until I found a side where the open sheaf artillery pattern would be length-wise across the map instead of up and down. This happened to be on the enemy side of the map. But when the game is run red the target lines for off map Russian guns comes from the East and those of German come from the West. So even though the Russian guns on the Scenario editor were behind the German lines when they are called in the target lines appear to come from the Russian side. Weird but true.
Post #: 1
RE: Aligning Patterns of Off Map Artillery - 7/29/2009 5:47:17 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

Map makers, I found a way to align the open sheaf of an off map artillery pattern. In the scenario editor if you move the position of your off map battery around the outside of a map it will change its pattern. You have to test your scenario to check the pattern.

I tried placing the battery on each side of a map until I found a side where the open sheaf artillery pattern would be length-wise across the map instead of up and down. This happened to be on the enemy side of the map. But when the game is run red the target lines for off map Russian guns comes from the East and those of German come from the West. So even though the Russian guns on the Scenario editor were behind the German lines when they are called in the target lines appear to come from the Russian side. Weird but true.

Very cool.

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 2
RE: Aligning Patterns of Off Map Artillery - 7/29/2009 11:05:48 AM   
spellir74

Yes but when I did this, the sheaf axis (horiz or veti) would be dependent on where on the map I placed it.

I came to the conclusion that there is a diagonal line on the map. Above it the sheaf is lined up with the battery; below, the sheaf is perpendicular to the battery.

See image to explain both paragraphs, hopefully.

If it aint this diagonal line thing then it was randomized for me. I made a scenario, where I placed the batteries for axis-effect but it wouldn't stick; meaning each play test the sheaf was different axis.

If I'm wrong about what you mean, then I don't understand.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by spellir74 -- 7/29/2009 11:08:23 AM >

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 3
RE: Aligning Patterns of Off Map Artillery - 7/29/2009 2:47:22 PM   
Mobius

Intersting Spellir,  I was interested in getting the spread right on the enemy position which was the far side of the map.   I didn't check close in nor on the sides. 

You are using German units.  Try going all along the map including the back side and see what gives.

I don't think the areas where lengthwise and linear are equal. I check all around the map and for the most part the pattern is across the map. Only in two small areas on opposite corners near the edge is the pattern long ways.

< Message edited by Mobius -- 7/30/2009 2:00:12 AM >

(in reply to spellir74)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Maps, Models and Mods >> Aligning Patterns of Off Map Artillery Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI