Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

V3.0 released !!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> V3.0 released !!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
V3.0 released !!! - 6/2/2002 4:20:47 PM   
Denniss

V3.0 released !!!

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/PacificWar/PacificWarMatrixEditionv3-0.zip
Post #: 1
- 6/2/2002 10:49:47 PM   
Von Rom

Many thanks everyone for the hard work :)

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 2
- 6/2/2002 11:26:42 PM   
Nomad

I second that.

one thing though, in the TTT senario,the allies start with 2000 Hurricanes in the pool. is this right? they're not there in obc41.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 3
Need to update documentation in the zip file - 6/3/2002 1:21:21 AM   
Zorfwaddle

Hi,

Someone on comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical
noted that there is not a list of changes/updates included in the zip file for 3.0. Can this be updated??

"AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every m****rf****r in the room. Accept no substitutes." Ordell Robbie - "Jackie Brown"

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 4
- 6/3/2002 4:13:01 AM   
Jeremy Pritchard

Doh! Just edit out the 2000 Hurricane II's from the Tora Tora Tora Scenario! I was testing certain aircraft, and their behaviours with upgrading and such, and forgot to change back this air pool.

There will eventually be a 3.0 revised changes, I have been working on it for a long time, and it does take time to write out the many MANY changes!

Thanks!

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 5
- 6/3/2002 5:19:33 AM   
Nomad

I understand jeremy. again, many thanks for you efforts. I just wanted to check to make sure it wasn't something specific to that senario. I am about to start a PBEM game and was just checking.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 6
- 6/3/2002 5:31:20 AM   
crusher

well i downloaded 3.0 and was surprised at the map it really looks good. after a few turns as the INJ i could really see the change in scoring. so far it looks like a big improvement compaired to 2.3. this good old game is still alive and kicking thanks for all the hard work that goes into this

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 7
Ship flags - 6/3/2002 3:25:31 PM   
boba

Just downloaded 3.0 version and took my first look... New map looks great, I like that there's no more Allied codenames with Japaneese aircrafts (altough it will take some time to adjust to new names ;) ). But I have one question. Why are the national flags removed from ship display? I liked that very much... And new way of displaying contested bases are a little bit confusing (base with half flegs of owner and attacker) but I guess that once I get used to it it won't be cinfusing anymore :) .

Thanks for your great work guys and keeping this game still very much interesting to play!!!!

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 8
- 6/3/2002 9:46:00 PM   
Jeremy Pritchard

Well,

What I want to do for the next release is to have a lot of optional graphics, such as for those who want (or don't want) flag pictures on the ships.

The occupied base picture is not 'quite' as noticable, and I am working on ways to make it more so.

Thanks for your input!

Jeremy

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 9
- 6/4/2002 1:13:57 AM   
Sardaukar

So far, I've liked 3.0 very much. Keep up the good work !

Cheers,

M.S.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> V3.0 released !!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI