Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Michigan Mushroom of FOF AAR's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> The Michigan Mushroom of FOF AAR's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Michigan Mushroom of FOF AAR's - 7/10/2009 3:55:09 AM   
Gil R.

I just discovered this one, started by veteran AARist Grey Hunter. Absolutely enormous thread (which is always nice to see).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3005582
Post #: 1
RE: The Michigan Mushroom of FOF AAR's - 7/10/2009 6:29:53 AM   
cesteman

wow! Too huge to read tonight. Maybe he should come over here and give some pointers.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 2
RE: The Michigan Mushroom of FOF AAR's - 7/15/2009 11:32:40 AM   
Greyhunterlp

quote:

ORIGINAL: cesteman

wow! Too huge to read tonight. Maybe he should come over here and give some pointers.

If you could read that in one session I'd say you have to much free time on your hands.

and what do you mean "come over here" I have a AAR stickied on the front page of the forums!

Bow down before your lord and MastAAR!

Seriously, I had a good idea and ran with it, giving people who have had no experiance with the game the most important part of it makes it better than me steamrolling the south once more, most of the people who took command had no experiance of the game before then, many have a much better idea now, after having brought the game themselves.

What I find faciniating is how we're going through the same broad path as history.

Each of my "Generals" has at some point played a wargame, understands the basics but has not fought in the civil war - just like the generals at the start of the war, and they mad many of the same mistakes, agressive attacks, poor supply lines, underestimating the will of the southern soldier. I even had people posting early on that they thought the war would be over by the end of 62, guess they were wrong.

As well as that, we had a hard battle in the west, now won, and are now facing down the remains in the east, who are still dangerous against a worn down union force. I had to emancipate the slaves to prevent Britain entering the war, and I've just bumped up diplomacy to stop that threat again.

To be honest, I'm not sure if the Union will win this war. NW is at -7, the governours hate me, as the generals have always needed the support I would have normally spent on keping them happy, my chances of mustering range from 10-30%, and the election is coming, without some quick victories, we may see an appeasement government elected and the war ended by them, even though the battle has been all but won.

Still everything to play for.
Hope you guys enjoy it.

(in reply to cesteman)
Post #: 3
RE: The Michigan Mushroom of FOF AAR's - 7/28/2009 10:16:26 AM   
Greyhunterlp

Just to state that this was finished this morning, with a resounding, if bloody, Union Victory.

I plan to start the CSA version up next week at sometime.

(in reply to Greyhunterlp)
Post #: 4
RE: The Michigan Mushroom of FOF AAR's - 7/30/2009 7:55:38 PM   
Gil R.

So who gets to take credit for that victory?

Glad to know you finished. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to a CSA AAR.

Post #: 5
RE: The Michigan Mushroom of FOF AAR's - 7/31/2009 7:30:27 AM   
Greyhunterlp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

So who gets to take credit for that victory?

Glad to know you finished. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to a CSA AAR.

The Generals, I could haev wrapped that up much quicker :)

The CSA one is now in general selection, I'll link up to it later.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 6
RE: The Michigan Mushroom of FOF AAR's - 12/17/2009 3:30:51 AM   
Gil R.

For those who are interested, Grey Hunter has started an AAR for "Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition": http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3226132

By the way, the FOF AAR mentioned at the top of the thread is no longer accessible to non-members, since SomethingAwful.com requires a paid membership to see anything older than six months. However, Grey Hunter started a second FOF AAR here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3179387

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> After Action Reports >> The Michigan Mushroom of FOF AAR's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI