Scenario editor

World War II: General Commander is an introductory war strategy game which brings a unique mix of scale, combat dynamics, and force management. An intuitive combination of rules and controls will give beginning wargamers and real time strategy fans the opportunity to simulate Germany’s famous last Blitzkrieg from either side.
delusan

Scenario editor

Post by delusan »

The game features description indicate "A full scenario editor to create new battles ...". Does this mean the user can create his own maps from scratch?
GIveloper

RE: Scenario editor

Post by GIveloper »

Yes, complete new or you can modify existing one changing the name.

Victor Perez
Games GI WWII: GC Designer
WWII: GC Designer
delusan

Post by delusan »

GIveloper - I just want to be ABSOLUTELY sure ... by "complete new", do you mean that I can start with a completely blank slate and add elevations, woods, roads etc?  In that case, I'm buying.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

No, I think there's been a miscommunication here, either that or I've missed something.

The editor and game come with a very large map of the area of Europe around where the Battle of the Bulge took place. Have a look at the attached screenshot. You can place your scenario anywhere in this area and adjust the map to be as small or large or any portion of that larger map that you want. You are not limited to the Bulge itself and this area covers a number of other possible historical battles and operations. Outside of being restricted to that area of Europe, the rest is entirely open to editing and created scenarios can be shared and played multiplayer as well as against the AI.

Regards,

- Erik

Attachments
WWIIGCEditor.jpg
WWIIGCEditor.jpg (491.4 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
McGlu

Post by McGlu »

Good to know. Looks like that makes a lot of room for a lot of different setups and scenarios.

Minor issue - Objective Points is misspelled in the right-center panel.
-McGlu

Return to “World War II: General Commander”