Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any word on the manual?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Any word on the manual? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any word on the manual? - 7/8/2009 1:34:33 PM   
ecwgcx

Any word on the manual? How about a little "Here's where we're at" update?
Thanks
Greg
Post #: 1
RE: Any word on the manual? - 7/8/2009 2:46:49 PM   
Hard Sarge

I am waiting on a reply from Matrix, so don't really want to say what is what, so I don't put my foot in my mouth

corrections to the manual were returned

the Exe I was waiting for is being tested, looks good

waiting on some files from Matrix to hook into the game

(in reply to ecwgcx)
Post #: 2
RE: Any word on the manual? - 7/8/2009 4:07:40 PM   
ecwgcx

Thanks HS Would you say you are in the tweaking stage or major bug hunt phase?

Has there been any talk of releasing some of the manual like they've done with WitP-AE?

Greg

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 3
RE: Any word on the manual? - 7/8/2009 4:43:10 PM   
Hard Sarge

well for me, I am in the touch up mode while I am waiting on "them"

waiting to see if the testers find anything that needs to be corrected, changed

doing my normal pilot hunts

Harley has his list of things he wants to look at

unless something we don't know about, 904 should be Gold (but we have to add in the files that Matrix is giving us)

got no idea on the manual being released or anything like that, to be honest, we are not in the class of AE, so I don't really know what they have in mind

(in reply to ecwgcx)
Post #: 4
RE: Any word on the manual? - 7/10/2009 11:27:55 PM   
joey

Does this mean we are talking weeks or months until - Gold?

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 5
RE: Any word on the manual? - 7/11/2009 12:15:48 AM   
Hard Sarge

I can BS with the best of them, but my biggest hassle is I am honest, I can BS, but I can't lie (knowingly)

that said

Manual is out of my hands, if the corrections are done, it should be a quick look over and that is ready

the files Matrix is giving us, should be a simple connection deal, when we get them, they should be in (I am not a/the Programmer, so I don't know how much work that really is, only what I been told, it should be)

we on .904, I think it is good (it is stable, works as planned, got things I would like to change, but that can be later) we get the files, add them in, that is .905, I put everything together, and hand it over, they make a installer for it, then we got to test the installer, to be sure everything got put where it is suppost to go, and still works (that is normally a nothing)

and then it is up to them, I don't "think" making a PDF or ePDF file is anything major (it is what your making it from that is importent)

how long it takes to make the Gold disk, game disk I also don't know

and that is maybe more the I am suppost to be saying, but what else can I say

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 6
RE: Any word on the manual? - 7/11/2009 12:29:52 AM   
joey

It does sound that we are close, real close. That is excellent. You keep mentioning things you would like to change, but will do that later. What would you like to change?

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 7
RE: Any word on the manual? - 7/11/2009 1:11:12 AM   
Hard Sarge

Stuff, that Harley don't think is importent :)

oh , there is always things you could improve

to be honest, I would love to totally rework the way the AI thinks on the attack, it will give you a game, it will give you a fight, but not like a Human would, which I don't think we could ever get that good, but I am sure we could make it force you to work HARDer to slaughter it

the game really is, BoB long, and BTR 43 long, all the rest of the short campaigns, were overlooked during the patches, OOB changes (overlooked is not fair, but not sure how else to say it) so at the start, those were balanced and totally playable, after all this time, they were never looked at, reworked, the corrections, changed them

(LOL, play the one turn game in BTR 43 with the 106x5 patch and OOB, you have won before the turn starts, IIRC correct a couple of the other ones were like that also)

now, all of the campaigns have been worked on, but not balanced, gone over with a finetooth comb, plus alot of the small campaigns are Code driven, not data (some of them, I have put extra planes in the stockpile, to fill out units, let the player upgrade to what they should have on the first turn)

(Code driven, the code tells the game that the 358th FG is in the VIIIth Airforce, the data tells it is in the IXth, Code wins)

that are alot of little tricks we could add, to "help" the AI do what we think it should, or even better, to not do what I think it shouldn't

(in the BoBs, Sweeps could be very nasty, but, the 109 doesn't have the legs to really pull it off, or if it does, not for very long (you go to full fuel burn during the patrol phase of a sweep, the 109 doesn't have much loiter time to begin with, less when it is burning it's fuel off) but, the 110 has the legs, but is not allowed to sweep)

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 8
RE: Any word on the manual? - 7/27/2009 7:22:11 AM   
sauro

Boss no news about the manual?

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 9
RE: Any word on the manual? - 7/27/2009 12:09:53 PM   
Hard Sarge

last I heard, the Manual was in the layout phase, so could be/should be done

Matrix will add it in, when I hand over my end

from what I understand, I get 905 for my guys, I package it up, and hand it back over, they make a installer, we test installer, and then Matrix does what Matrix does

so, would say, we are close, but, I do not know what close really means in terms of days/weeks or what not

once I Hand it over, David said he should be able to do all of the math and give me better info on time

(in reply to sauro)
Post #: 10
RE: Any word on the manual? - 7/27/2009 1:20:34 PM   
sauro

Ok. Boss thanks

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 11
RE: Any word on the manual? - 7/27/2009 1:35:26 PM   
ecwgcx

A week or two ago you said you might have an idea about the price. Any news?

(in reply to sauro)
Post #: 12
RE: Any word on the manual? - 7/27/2009 5:16:04 PM   
Hard Sarge

I think that was part of the answer about David doing the math for time and date, thought he was going to give me the price also

which, I will re-ask, when I send him my stuff and questions I have

(in reply to ecwgcx)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Any word on the manual? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI