Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CTD's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Tech Support >> CTD's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CTD's - 6/21/2009 2:40:20 AM   
Johnnie

I have played the game for maybe two or three hours but have had several (four or five) crashes to desktop. These don't seem to happen during play but rather occur while using the game menu, or while alt/tabing to the manual (during which I just lost a game). I think I had the same type of CTD's with the original Prussia's Glory on a different computer.

Frankly, I am disappointed with Matrix. I am an old and loyal customer and have more Matrix games than I can easily count. This is a remake of a game that was published years ago. Unless such a remake is now 100%, perfectly, stable it should not bear the Matrix name.

If Matrix is merely a store, then I will consider that when I decide to purchase its games.
Post #: 1
RE: CTD's - 6/21/2009 2:13:46 PM   
Sertorius1

Johnny,

As a short term solution to this problem make use of the autosave. That feature will restore the scenario.

(in reply to Johnnie)
Post #: 2
RE: CTD's - 6/21/2009 4:32:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

Johnnie,

I think you're jumping to a few conclusions here. This release was in testing and development for over a year before it was released. I'm not aware of any reports of repeating CTDs from any of the later pre-release builds. If you have a save or a procedure that duplicates a CTD for you, please let us know. This game is supported and I'm sure the development team would be interested in investigating that and resolving it.

A good start is also to post a DxDiag file for us please.

Also, this should go in the Tech Support forum, so I'm moving it there.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Sertorius1)
Post #: 3
RE: CTD's - 6/21/2009 4:37:38 PM   
Tim Coakley

Jonnie,
can you try replicating the CTD and posting a list of teh exact steps that are leading to the crash?

I will then try to replicate on my three systems.

Regards,
Tim

(in reply to Johnnie)
Post #: 4
RE: CTD's - 6/21/2009 6:36:35 PM   
Magnus

Johnnie try to set the game to run in windowedmode and see if the CTD persists.

/Magnus

(in reply to Tim Coakley)
Post #: 5
RE: CTD's - 6/21/2009 8:06:22 PM   
Tim Coakley

I have replicated the CTD from using alt-tab.

Will get with Mike Cooney and find a fix.

Tim

(in reply to Johnnie)
Post #: 6
RE: CTD's - 6/22/2009 4:20:12 AM   
Johnnie

I kind of over reacted; was in a bad mood. I'm glad you have replicated the alt/tab CTD.

I don't want to give the wrong impression. I have NOT had any CTD's during game play. Only while fooling with the menu and ALWAYS when trying to get back to the game after alt tabing to the manual.

Thanks.

(in reply to Tim Coakley)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Tech Support >> CTD's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI