Wage war across hundreds of miles with thrilling real time 3D action
Matrix Games and Games GI (www.gamesgi.com) are pleased to announce that Matrix Games will be publishing World War II: General Commander, a real time operational-level introductory war strategy game set around World War II’s Battle of the Bulge. Now gamers can command battles in real time with beautiful 3D units and effects stretching from smaller scale engagements like siege of Bastogne all the way out to the entire Battle of the Bulge!
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “World War II: General Commander offers an great introductory wargaming experience for casual armchair generals or newcomers to the wargame genre. This is a neat blend of a real-time system with historical gameplay and strategy. It’s truly exhilarating to watch a massive battle unfold before you as you bolster your front lines and send in your reserves!”
December 1944 - Germany conducts her last great offensive of the Second World War in what is known as Operation Watch on the Rhine, or the Battle of the Bulge, throwing her last reserves against a thin Allied front line in a bid to unhinge the entire Western Front. Tens of thousands of solders, supported by tanks, artillery and airpower fought for three dramatics weeks around the Ardennes forest to determine the outcome of this gamble. Now you can step up to the commander’s seat and lead your divisions to stop the German offensive or break the Allied defenses. This is World War II: General Commander!
World War II: General Commander is an introductory war strategy game which brings a unique mix of scale, combat dynamics, and force management. An intuitive combination of rules and controls will give beginning wargamers and real time strategy fans the opportunity to simulate Germany’s famous last Blitzkrieg from either side. Evaluate the tactical situation while monitoring your overall strategy over real scale 3D maps, with high quality graphics and effects. World War II: General Commander creates an intense command experience with a choice of engagements ranging from defending a single town to the full campaign stretching hundreds of miles and involving all the historical forces!
Get more information from the official product page.
- Simple and intuitive control system that allows both wargaming veterans and beginners to the genre to immediately pick up the game
- Attempt a last ditch offensive or desperate defense across 14 scenarios including famous engagements like Bastogne and Operation Nordwind
- Fight with 3D units over a beautifully rendered topographic map that stretches across hundreds of miles
- A full scenario editor to create new battles – scenarios can then be used as multiplayer engagements
- An engaging blend of tactical and strategic considerations – the defense of one town can effect the flow of multiple engagements dozens of miles away
- Realistic operational maneuvers and formations
- Multiplayer support – face off against other commanders in full real time intensity
- Set rally points and withdraw areas to slowly draw down a defensive position and delay the enemy before your next line of defense
- Order air strikes and air superiority missions to turn the tide of any engagement
- Realistic weather patterns visible right on map that effect efficiency and air operations
- Issues orders at the Battalion, Regiment or Divisional levels – lower level units will follow the lead of a Battalion or Division HQ to simply command
Sean Drummy Marketing and Press Relations Manager