Due to people dropping out and computer issues this game has come to a halt. Which means I ended in 4th place and not the 3rd I would have gotten if we played it out .
So, what stands out from this game?
1. The death (ig!!) of King Mus of England, that ment that the treaties made with Britain fell short (and this AFTER I agreed to DoW The Netherlands so that Britain could destroy her fleet. Had I known there would be a change of ruler and change of diplomatic standings I would have prefered to gain The Netherlands as a protectorate together with her fleet).
2. Being refered to as agressive and a warmonger This after honoring my alliances and DoW'ing the enemies of my allies...
3. Being the target of a sneak attack (from Spain) and a stab in the back (from Preussia) when I was about to knock Spain out, costing me the war. Which leads us to #4.
4. Losing the southern provinces. This REALLY hurt me, not only did I lose a substantial part of my food income, but I also lost alot of glory from this.
5. The return climb into top 4. This was largely due to help/support/alliance with the Ottoman Empire. Things looked pretty bad for some time, but then I realized that I still had a somewhat working economy and 600.000 men under arms.
6. The indecision about sneak attacking Britain towards the end. This would likely have occured if the British were not keeping the Royal Navy in the Channel at all times. However I was building a fleet capable of giving the British a tough fight.
7. Being allied with Britain, doing the hard work, fighting the wars, not getting much help, and then just being ignored when what I said did not suit the British.
All in all, I have had a great time with this game. Too bad it did not go to the end (espesially since I would then have gained 3rd place and not 4th ).
I would strongly recommend playing a pbem game to all those who are thinking about it.
And thanks to the readers and posters in this thread.
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen
("She is to be torpedoed!")