Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Terrain Chart?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Terrain Chart? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Terrain Chart? - 6/13/2009 11:13:43 PM   
Mr. Yuck

Just getting back into this game after a couple years and I can't find a terrain chart for the detailed combat maps. Is it in the manual?
Post #: 1
RE: Terrain Chart? - 6/14/2009 8:14:54 PM   
Kielec

Negative.

The manuals show a few examples of DC maps and point arrows at different stuff. But this CANNOT go as a comprehensible terrain guide. Honestly, I long for one myself. For whatever reason, and with the seasons changing, I just cannot immediately tell swamp from whatever else. And the combinations are far worse. Not that the system actually counts all of those (judging by the whatever "detailed report").

Good luck, though!

K.

(in reply to Mr. Yuck)
Post #: 2
RE: Terrain Chart? - 6/16/2009 6:26:06 AM   
Gil R.

Mr. Yuck, welcome back. (Hard to forget a name like that!)

Doesn't the appendix have terrain info?

(in reply to Kielec)
Post #: 3
RE: Terrain Chart? - 6/16/2009 9:37:04 PM   
Mr. Yuck

Thanks Gil, I'm glad to have some time for this game again.

Somewhere, in one of the on-line manuals, I recall seeing a chart of terrain info. It didn't have any illustrations and I'm having a hard time when the seasons change. I think there was a black and white page in the printed manual, but something chewed the X out of that, and I don't have it anymore.

This would be a great chart to sticky or include with the download.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 4
RE: Terrain Chart? - 6/18/2009 6:59:38 AM   
Gil R.

The chart that Kielec refers to is on p. 116 of the manual. His complaint that we don't show the different terrains in winter is indeed valid -- I think it just never occurred to us. I don't see WCS producing a new terrain chart in the next few months, though, since we're immersed in multiple other projects. I'll make a note of the suggestion so that we don't forget it.

(in reply to Mr. Yuck)
Post #: 5
RE: Terrain Chart? - 6/19/2009 11:57:32 PM   
Kielec

Gil!

Winter time is one thing, but what I personally find far more confusing, are the "combinations" of different terrain. You have swamp with forest; hills with different stuff etc.
I do understand that a "pop-up" with terrain desription (or whatever other way of MAKING SURE) is not to be coded into the game at this stage (FoF2? maybe?), but a chart with different terrain combos (and since they are mostly random generated - a few examples of them) would remove a bit of the "guessing" on the player side.

K.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 6
RE: Terrain Chart? - 6/20/2009 12:07:05 AM   
Mr. Yuck

Seconded.

(in reply to Kielec)
Post #: 7
RE: Terrain Chart? - 6/22/2009 4:27:09 AM   
Gil R.

Okay, gotcha. It's something we might be able to do, but no promises.

(in reply to Mr. Yuck)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Terrain Chart? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI