Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Slightly off topic - professional model of the New Jersey needed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Slightly off topic - professional model of the New Jersey needed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Slightly off topic - professional model of the New Jers... - 5/27/2009 4:20:05 PM   
cavalry

I have a buisness friend I would like to buy a 1/700 waterline New Jersey, professionally based and painted and idealy should be in the UK ( South East ideal ) - so I can collect if possible to avoid risk of damage

Anyone know anyone who would be interested in giving me a quote??

Cav
Post #: 1
RE: Slightly off topic - professional model of the New ... - 5/28/2009 1:39:26 AM   
MadmanRick

Cav,
I am not personally aware of anyone who could do that for you, but I am a member of a website that could perhaps provide some assistance to you. Try this:

http://www.britmodeller.com/

It is the website of the British IPMS and there are many wonderful modelers that frequent that site that may be able to assist. Best of luck,

Rick

"Our lives begin to end the moment we become silent about things that matter". Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 2
RE: Slightly off topic - professional model of the New ... - 5/28/2009 10:07:17 AM   
csatahajos

Are you tied to the 1/700 scale? I think you can get a really professional one from www.spidernavy.de in 1/1250 and showcased for a reasonable price (150-200EUR depending on the subject). I have some models from them and despite the seemingly small scale they outdo most 1/700 models in detail and accuracy. They can do a spidernavy one from the Neptun USS New Jersey model, that shows the ship with her rounded but already glassed-in catwalk around the conning tower in early 1944.

Let me know if interested, I can provide some more info and pictures.

Thanks,

< Message edited by csatahajos -- 5/28/2009 10:10:34 AM >

Art by Wayne Scarpaci
http://www.artbywayne.com/

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 3
RE: Slightly off topic - professional model of the New ... - 5/28/2009 11:18:10 AM   
cavalry

quote:

ORIGINAL: MadmanRick

Cav,
I am not personally aware of anyone who could do that for you, but I am a member of a website that could perhaps provide some assistance to you. Try this:

http://www.britmodeller.com/

It is the website of the British IPMS and there are many wonderful modelers that frequent that site that may be able to assist. Best of luck,

Rick

Thanks Rick - very kind

(in reply to MadmanRick)
Post #: 4
RE: Slightly off topic - professional model of the New ... - 5/28/2009 11:21:38 AM   
cavalry

quote:

ORIGINAL: csatahajos

Are you tied to the 1/700 scale? I think you can get a really professional one from www.spidernavy.de in 1/1250 and showcased for a reasonable price (150-200EUR depending on the subject). I have some models from them and despite the seemingly small scale they outdo most 1/700 models in detail and accuracy. They can do a spidernavy one from the Neptun USS New Jersey model, that shows the ship with her rounded but already glassed-in catwalk around the conning tower in early 1944.

Let me know if interested, I can provide some more info and pictures.

Thanks,

Csatahajos

Yes I would be interested to see some pictures of what you have had made - sounds interesting

my mail is gingerdragon@btconnect.com

Cav

(in reply to csatahajos)
Post #: 5
RE: Slightly off topic - professional model of the New ... - 5/28/2009 5:42:29 PM   
csatahajos

You've got mail, sir! :)

Art by Wayne Scarpaci
http://www.artbywayne.com/

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Slightly off topic - professional model of the New Jersey needed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI