Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Quick Combat

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Quick Combat Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Quick Combat - 5/27/2009 1:49:52 PM   
Anthropoid

Having done almost _all_ my playing of FoF and COG:EE against the AI with Detailed Combat on, I'm a bit feckless when it comes to setting up my Armies (and using them) for best effect in Quick Combat. I did have one PBEM in FoF where I wont a handsome victory as Confederates, but that guy was totally new to the game, so I can't really take credit for that.

In FoF, there were certain promotions and special abilities that didn't seem to work in Quick Combat, and I'm wondering if it is also true in CoG:EE?

What are the main differences to keep in mind? What are some good strategic rules-of-thumb to follow when setting up ones military and using it in a game with Quick Combat?

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3
Post #: 1
RE: Quick Combat - 5/27/2009 7:57:02 PM   
terje439

I really have noe clue, but I go by the assumption that this works pretty much like in FoF. So by using your knowledge of FoF (and the resent pdf file in the latest FoF patch) you should be able to get a fair idea what each upgrade gives you in terms of quick combat boost.

I am guessing that Field medicine will give +def, target practice will give +att etc etc.

But I would really like to see a pdf file for CoGEE as well when it comes to upgrades/abilities and their use in quick combat.

Terje

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 2
RE: Quick Combat - 5/28/2009 6:18:57 PM   
Gil R.

If you look in the COG2Special.txt file in the Data sub-folder you'll see that each ability impacts attack and/or defense and/or morale in Quick Combat. As for the role of upgrades in QC I don't know the answer off the top of my head, and will as Eric about it.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 3
RE: Quick Combat - 5/28/2009 9:10:06 PM   
ericbabe

Most of the upgrades have an abstract affect on quick combat attack/defense/morale checks as well.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 4
RE: Quick Combat - 5/28/2009 9:23:03 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

If you look in the COG2Special.txt file in the Data sub-folder you'll see that each ability impacts attack and/or defense and/or morale in Quick Combat. As for the role of upgrades in QC I don't know the answer off the top of my head, and will as Eric about it.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 5
RE: Quick Combat - 5/29/2009 12:26:45 AM   
Mus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Anywhere the effects of the doctrinal upgrades are shown?

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Quick Combat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI