Supply

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

ptan54

Supply

Post by ptan54 »

Don't think there is a concept of supply depot in this game (I'm too used to COG)? Is supply just a function of having enough money to pay the upkeep costs?

Also, if I have troops in a province that's surrounded (i.e. I can't trace a contiguous line of supply) then do these troops get supplied?

I noticed many provinces have no cities. Do I do the enemy any economic damage if I capture those? I've seen Union players overrun the south and cutting it in half but not necessarily sieging cities....does the CSA lose anything if all its cities are intact but loses all the no city provinces?

Apologize for the newbie questions, I'm just playing this on a friend's machine every now and then, have not bought this game myself.
GShock

RE: Supply

Post by GShock »

Each region even those without cities, produces work and money (you can see it in the main map screen if you click the arrow and pull out the detailed log on the Economics page). As of supply, each region has some supply production which is matched with the consumption of the container(s) occupying the region. The higher the forage value, the more troops you can support with minimal supply. Using the container supply priority (no-low-normal-high) proficiently is one of the biggest challenges because it changes the upkeep costs of your side dramatically and it needs to be thoroughlly mastered, especially at higher difficulty levels.

How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
ptan54

Post by ptan54 »

Thanks. So if I have an army in an isolated province, will setting it to "high supply" still see it get supplies, or must I be able to trace a continuous line of control?
GShock

Post by GShock »

The supply level is in the container...select it and observe it because once it goes down u'll suffer from attrition. YES, if you are sieging a town and on amphibious assaults, bring the priority higher. It will cost you more but that container will also be prioritized in replacement shuffling from camps. Use the "F" button filter on the minimap to show the regional supply levels.
How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
ptan54

Post by ptan54 »

How do I know when an enemy is low on supplies?
Kielec

Post by Kielec »

ptan54,
In detailed combat you will see it in the combat report (the detailed one - you need to switch it on from the whatever menu). I don't think there is any way to look into enemy containers' stats (never played without the "fog of war"). The Veterans may know more though.

K.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”