Old board war games?..read on

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

madgamer2

Old board war games?..read on

Post by madgamer2 »

Ihave no connection with Noble Knight Games or there owner (who I actually got to meet and deal with. He told me up front that If I checked them it could make a big difference in the price he could geve me and it did. In any case if you have old board games (of any kind actually) drop him an email.
I live in Iowa he is in Janesville WI and I checked 70+ games and they were able to replace missing pieces from spare parts in there old game inventory. He is honest, fair, and a good judge of a game. I made more than I thought I would and checking them first was a BIG difference just as he explained it would be. So give him a chance as Noble Knight Games is a much smaller outfit than Toad&Troll but I weas muchmore comfortable dealing with them. He will even give you a break on the shipping charges.

Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
E

RE: Old board war games?..read on

Post by E »

WARNING:Your mileage may vary...  I had an unpleasant experience with them.
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
madgamer2

Post by madgamer2 »

This may be true but you get what you earn. I would have received only 1/3 of what I did if I had not counted each and every counter and checked for map sheets, play aids and such (70+ games). Also I had many games that were in demand but missing a counter or two and most all they replaced from there backup stock.
Try sitting down and counting each and every counter to WIE,War in the East, or several other big games. Two thirds of the amount I got would have been labor for them to check the games. I was also lucky that they had counters and such to replace those that are missing. Some of these games were over 35 years old. Old does not mean automatic higher prices. I had a copy of one of the best air battle for Briton games called "Eagle Day" that was the best game of its type I ever played. I had a copy of Iron Crown's "Mananas" which was little known and suffered from a kind of home made look. It was however one of the best Civil war Reg. level battle games I ever played in spite of a long learning curve. So its not just the condition but the games themselves that determine what can be made.

Madgamer
As you did not give details you had a totally different experience In our emails he stressed that if the games were checked that more money could be made. He also will send a voucher for shipping games. It was just a 3 1/2 hr. Drive for me to Janesville WI.
There are basically only two ways to go Noble Knight and Toad&Troll....The second is a huge company that you never even see the owner let alone deal with him in person. I have had dealings with companies that I thought I should have got more but I have come to see that most companies will try to shade you a bit on a deal like this but I gave them several days to check the games out and there was some difference in what I thought was good condition and what they thought. They are in thew business to make money but went the extra mile in checking out a couple of rather strange games that I will have to see if they put them on the site.
Oddly two of the best condition games were a 1972 game called 1944 and a copy of the original Barbarossa game by SPI that if all the counters were there would be a real find.
I found Aaron to be a straight up guy who did not pull any punch's. I would have liked to have gotten more but his reasoning was honest and sound. In the end I guess it is how you look at it.

Madgamer
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

I've purchased twice from Noble Knight.

Great experiences both times - both games in superb condition.

Quick delivery, great packing for postage. I'll be buying from them again soon.
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

ORIGINAL: madgamer

He is honest, fair, and a good judge of a game.

Very true - he advised me against buying a title once due to condition and his judgments have been spot on.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Do they also buy old board games?

I live not far from Janesville, do you have an address for them?  I haven't checked the internet yet, maybe I'll give that a try.
----------------------------------------------------------
Ok since writing the above I did find it on the web. Thanks for the info maggamer. Kind of funny, I have been within a block or two of it dozens of times and never knew it was there. getting old and losing it I guess.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: madgamer

This may be true but you get what you earn.

But you don't always get what you paid for.

Noble Knight Games

Post by Noble Knight Games »

E, I have no idea who you are and you have provided no specifics, but if you send me an email I'll be happy to resolve any problem you've had with us.  As a matter of fact I've been answering the email here for 12 years and always make sure that if someone isn't happy they end up with a full refund.  I have a feeling you may be thinking of another company, but if not please email me so that we can take care of it!!!!

Best Regards,
Aaron Leeder

Noble Knight Games
"Where the Out-of-Print is Available Again"
http://www.nobleknight.com
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

I just sold them a few games yesterday.  They were very nice to work with and I feel they treated me fairly.
Looking at the web iste, looks like they have a lot to offer to gamers.  Wish I knew about them earlier though, I gave a way a lot of games over the past year that were probably worth quite a bit.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

I’ll chime in and offer up some fire support ,

Although I’ve never sold NKG any of my collection (never going to happen….ever !) I have picked up a few out of print gems and have never been disappointed .

Great alternative to Ebay, matter of fact I usually do a quick search at NKG if I have a specific out of print title in mind before I roll the dice on Ebay.

Honest, friendly service from my experience ..........[;)]
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: Noble Knight Games

E, I have no idea who you are and you have provided no specifics, but if you send me an email I'll be happy to resolve any problem you've had with us. As a matter of fact I've been answering the email here for 12 years and always make sure that if someone isn't happy they end up with a full refund. I have a feeling you may be thinking of another company, but if not please email me so that we can take care of it!!!!

It was a lot of 12+ games that was not as advertised/pictured about 3 or possibly 4 years ago now. You did offer a refund on the lot... sans return shipping. At the time I felt I shouldn't have to pay any shipping because it was not what I paid for (actually I still feel that way... it's a principle thing). To your credit you did acknowledge the lot was not as advertised and gave me a choice of a refund on the purchase price or 5% off my next purchase.

Yes, you did make some effort. But I was still going to be out at least shipping because of your advertisement or given the opportunity to give you more money. From the customer's end, that is not a pleasant experience. Hence my original caveat that a customer's mileage may vary (and my defense of Madgamer's implication that I earned the experience).

benpark

Post by benpark »

Noble Knight is has never let me down. I've had great service, with incredibly fast shipping. They are the only place I buy board games now (save for a rare eBay buy).
"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey
madgamer2

Post by madgamer2 »

Hey Yogi! good to hear from you. I got a very fair deal and Aaron is a good man and very honest and straight forward. I am sending him a few last games that I know are not complete to put in his backup file so perhaps he can fill in the lost units for some other guys game. I also sent along a bag of counters I have collected over the years. I feel its the loeast I could do.

BTW I got a small finders fee for you mentioning me so thanks for that. I wish there was a way to get the word out about this great little company. For all those who might be interested its www.nobleknight.com so if your into board games check it out.

Madgamer
Brigz

Post by Brigz »

I'll throw in some support too. I've bought a few things from Noble Knight Games. Fair price, excellent service and I got exactly what I ordered. Great place to fill in those missing links in your game collection. I'd buy from them again with no worries.
“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”
Noble Knight Games

Post by Noble Knight Games »

Dear E,

I would be happy to help you but without a name, etc, I cannot research this.  I have proposed to solve your problem yet you have not even emailed me yet...

Nowadays we send out Fedex "PRP" (package return program) labels for any returns we have (very few, less then 1 a week).

Best Regards,
Aaron Leeder

Noble Knight Games
"Where the Out-of-Print is Available Again"
http://www.nobleknight.com
andym

Post by andym »

This thread made me look at what games i have and to get an approximate value for them.Its come as a rather large shock.I shall now have to add them to the house hold insurance!!!!!!!
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!

Return to “General Discussion”