Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Attacking Russia, December '41

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 5/8/2009 12:00:23 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: AcePylut

So in essence, no one here has tried a Soviet Far East Dec 41 invasion...

Looking at the forces available to the Commies, I wonder why.

not in a PBEM. Dec-41 invasion of Russia would likely end in a June-43 Allied Victory. Even againt the AI its tougher than you think.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 31
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 5/8/2009 2:23:42 AM   
Feinder

Knavey's PBEM opponent attacked USSR in early 1943 I think.  You'd have to ask him how things are going.

And I know I've seen an AAR somewhere where somebody invaded USSR, but I don't know if it was in 1941.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 32
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 5/8/2009 9:48:09 AM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

Knavey's PBEM opponent attacked USSR in early 1943 I think.  You'd have to ask him how things are going.

And I know I've seen an AAR somewhere where somebody invaded USSR, but I don't know if it was in 1941.

-F-

I'm pretty sure you'll need several extra divisions, a lot of artillery and many engineers.
Japan can't free them unless it stops its offensives against the PIs and Malaya.

One option is a house rule that says: "Japan has ONLY attacked Russia" and consequently only has to fight in Russia and China.

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 33
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 5/12/2009 12:38:28 AM   
Lcp Purcell

Firstly thank you to all who post here. I’ve read a lot trying to figure out this game and it was a big help.

In my AI game I just attacked Russia March 15 of 43’. Having finished China, I had a spare 20 some divisions looking for work. I marched most the Chinese expeditionary force north to outside of Borzya, with their Armor set outside of Tamsag ready to encircle Borzya. Oh yeah every artillery unit from the Southern Army command ended up in Chunking after Battan and is now supporting the push North.

The Kwantung Army was Deployed from Blagoshechenck to the Vladistock perimeter. They pushed 9 Divisions into Blagoshechenck. And as for the rest of the line the plan was to defend in depth.

And a few loose brigades, some Mongolian cav. And a tank Regiment; Invaded Mongolia via every road leading in.

The Plan is simple; Cut the Tran-Siberian rail line, leaving the large Soviet force wanting supply.

The initial Shock attack, which goes off when a unit marches into combat, blew the Borzya force out of their fortifications ( to my amazement ) 25 days into the offensive I have taken Blagoshechenck, and Chita and with in the week Pokravka and Rukhlovo should fall.

To attack in 41’ seems like an unnecessary drain in resources which is doomed to get bogged down. To attack after China is done, is a easy cake walk.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 34
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 5/12/2009 2:40:09 AM   
Naskra

Against the AI, a Dec '41 attack on Russia is quite feasible. Two things to be wary of:
1. The Russian AI module will be triggered. This means that the Russians will march on Mukden.
2. After the Russians are annihilated, they will respawn in Aug '45 as upgraded Rifle Corps at their start locations.

(in reply to Lcp Purcell)
Post #: 35
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 5/12/2009 7:47:36 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naskra

Against the AI, a Dec '41 attack on Russia is quite feasible. Two things to be wary of:
1. The Russian AI module will be triggered. This means that the Russians will march on Mukden.
2. After the Russians are annihilated, they will respawn in Aug '45 as upgraded Rifle Corps at their start locations.

against the AI every attack is feasible, even landing on the West coast... at least as soon as you know how the game works...

(in reply to Naskra)
Post #: 36
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 5/12/2009 8:51:43 PM   
AcePylut

Well, here is the plan I'm thinking of...

As soon as I can, in December, I want to grab a couple of the commie cities that are undefended, that are great production/resource/oil centers.

I plan on attacking with just enough troops to hold these cities, cut off the Trans-Siberian supply chain to the Ruskie troops in the southern part of the soviet, and begin to starve them out while holding the line.  (I'm not going to pull any troops from the Malaya/PI offensive until they are done with those theaters).

Once I've taken the PI and SRA, I'll probably pull enough troops up to finish off the Soviets. 

Depending on how the Pacific offensive's go up to that point, will determine where I put those 8k av of the Manchuko Garrison.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 37
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 5/13/2009 11:52:04 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: AcePylut

So in essence, no one here has tried a Soviet Far East Dec 41 invasion...

Looking at the forces available to the Commies, I wonder why.

People have invaded Russia in 1941... some AARs on this, iirc.

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 38
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 5/13/2009 10:10:45 PM   
Barb

Well quite improbable to start big offensives against such big piece of land in deepest winter. Also the Winter of 1941-1942 was colder then earlier ones. If someone wish to attack Soviet Union, campaigning season in this area is April-October with heavy rains in August-September.

You really dont want your troops to bog in the mud or pass through snow at -15deg C...

< Message edited by Barb -- 5/13/2009 10:11:19 PM >

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 39
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 7/16/2009 9:27:20 PM   
AcePylut

Well I'm not too worried about taking out the Russian AI.  After all, and I'm not bragging because it is the AI and I'm sure that others have done much better... but it's 3/26/43 and I'm already bombing the home islands.  Apparently, the AI doesn't really care if you take over their bases.  haven't seen one effort to reinforce anything that I've attacked. 

The Japs only really have 1 victory in this game.... a 9/42 CV clash.  They sunk 6 (or 8, can't remember - at work) of my CV's for the the Akagi, Shokaku, and Shoho, and heavy damage to all the rest.  So while I get my CV's back, theirs are neutered and I've been able to run hog wild under P38 CAP and CVE/Brit CV carrier Cap  (yeah, I moved the Brit CV's to the Pacific). 

So I changed my "victory conditions" to "can I, can I can I conquer the HI by '46"? 

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 40
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 7/16/2009 10:30:11 PM   
Misconduct

My opponent attacked russia in 41, figuring I was new to the game it would be an easy victory, I was barely into 43 with all of PI, DEI under my control, basically he got bogged down attempting to take it vs a "human" player, except the russians routed him out due to fact he didnt bring enough hardware to begin with.

So In reality even against a TERRIBLE player (playing as allies) vs a veteran player who was attempting to try it, it turned out horrible for his favor,
he did make pretty good head way for about a month, before the mighty war machine started.

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 41
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 7/16/2009 11:14:02 PM   
spence

There is little doubt that the Japanese Army was superbly trained and equipped and prepared for combat in both tropical jungles and the great northern taiga.
Its fearsome tanks were the wonder of the civilized world when compared to such primitive designs as the T-34. And of course the superiority of the Japanese fighting spirit over the mere tanks and artillery that the Soviets could field had been firmly established in the years preceding Pearl Harbor.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 42
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 7/28/2009 9:29:07 PM   
Shawkhan

Don't forget that their magic word 'Banzai' would always ensure their victory.

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 43
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 7/29/2009 2:35:25 AM   
heenanc

I recall a guy called Jumper managed to get the Russian down to there last base in a AAR not sure if he took it or if his first opponent was a challenge but it can be done and the reward is very big!!

The AAR is probably still there somewhere.

(in reply to Shawkhan)
Post #: 44
RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 - 8/2/2009 11:27:27 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

against the AI, Japan can conquer the whole map... every single base, you just have to have some experience and the mood to do it...

Including the US West Coast? That is the only area I have NEVER heard of anyone taking.

If someone did, that's amazing, even against the AI. Taking the rest of the Pacific would cause US units to pool at San Fran, so that the armies would be huge.

Hummm A ways back vs allied AI I actually did get japan to take Alaska then down into Seattle.

After taking Seattle I bogged down.

Mind you, I went on defense in burma, didn't go after rangoon, etc so stayed out of India
and simply took most of Malaya Then set a defense line against British in India/Burma.

Took DEI

Then transferred a bit of Southern command forces to go into Aleuts and took Midway... then moved thu Alaska into Seattle.

But then the AI started massing forces from Sanf/south and Canadian..

I left the Philippines pretty deserted too...

only vs AI it can be dome... in a PBEM game I'd get my beep handed to me I'd say.

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Attacking Russia, December '41 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI