just downloaded, can't load game

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.
sargexmy

just downloaded, can't load game

Post by sargexmy »

Hey guys,

I finished CCWaR and just bought and downloaded CC longest day. I installed it on my asus eeepc 701 running windows xp sp2.
When I try to launch the game, it crashes with a windows saying "Invalid Call"
I was wondering if the game supports playing on a netbook like the asus eeepc (original) with a 800x480 resolution screen.
Also is there a way i can have the game run in windowed mode? would that fix the problem if it is caused by the low resolution.

Thanks
EagleMountainDK

RE: just downloaded, can't load game

Post by EagleMountainDK »

Hi sargexmy,

I'm pretty sure that 800x600 is the minimum size.... But you can enable the window in the option menu.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

800x480 may be too small, I think 800x600 is the minimum, but definitely give Windowed mode a try.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The 'official' minimum resolution is 1024 x 768, as listed in the product spec.  800 x 600 is also reliable but 800 x 480 may not work.

Hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard as you're starting up the game -- this should display the options dialog and allow you to change the game options.  I would suggest setting the resolution to 800 x 600, turning on Window mode, and turning off videos.

sargexmy

Post by sargexmy »

hey guys,
thanks for the reply.

i forced my screen to downscale and set it at 800x 600. the game ran fine.

but i realized...the eeepc 701 with the celeron is just tooooooo slow for the game lol!  everything seems fine during unit setup.  But once the enemy started showing on screen and bullets started flying, the game slowed down to a crawl (maybe 2-3 fps)
hahah the eeepc is pathetic; can't even run a 2d game lol

Return to “Tech Support”