Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Number of VL locations/AI effectiveness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Number of VL locations/AI effectiveness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Number of VL locations/AI effectiveness - 5/2/2009 10:00:50 PM   
benpark

I am pretty impressed with the improvements of this steroid version of CC5, but I was wondering how much better a fight might be offered with having only 2-3 VL's per map that would be relatively close to one another. As it stands now, there are usually 5-6 VL's that are spread throughout the map in very disparate locations.

In CC2, the maps were smaller, and the fight vs the AI was pretty intense. The maps sizes of CC5 are nice and large for maneuver, but the computer player (particularly as attacker) can have a difficult time with so many options for attack/defense. I'm sure this is mod-able, but I'm wondering what people think of the idea of around 3 VL's per map that are not too distant from one another and how much better it might make the battles vs. the AI.

< Message edited by benpark -- 5/3/2009 5:14:14 AM >

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

Post #: 1
RE: Number of VL locations/AI effectiveness - 5/3/2009 7:36:08 AM   
samarobriva

The Ai does not defend all its VL. From what I have experienced its actions are merely concentrated on exit points

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 2
RE: Number of VL locations/AI effectiveness - 5/3/2009 4:21:39 PM   
Tejszd

That is probably a good thing as those exit VL's allow the BG to advance and retreat (when the adjoining map is empty) if required to....

(in reply to samarobriva)
Post #: 3
RE: Number of VL locations/AI effectiveness - 5/3/2009 5:36:28 PM   
samarobriva

True, but if I'm correct exit points counts for fewer points as central points in battle results

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 4
RE: Number of VL locations/AI effectiveness - 5/3/2009 8:25:37 PM   
benpark

VL's at the very edge of the playable area seem to devalue the point of having larger maps, as there are less chances for maneuver when the goal is to capture a location reachable by few possible avenues. Couldn't the VL's be for the road leading off of the map, further in?

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to samarobriva)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Number of VL locations/AI effectiveness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI