Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How many grand campaign days let you play the new CC5 Longest Day?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> How many grand campaign days let you play the new CC5 Longest Day? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How many grand campaign days let you play the new CC5 L... - 4/30/2009 12:06:49 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

I would like know if there are only 4 days on grand campaign. Can we mod easily more days? if it only has 4 days, I see this CC very limited for other mods from other operations.
Post #: 1
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 4/30/2009 12:30:04 AM   
RD_Oddball

It is set in the Campaign.txt at the very top.  You can change the number to any number of days up to 25.  There might be other details to modding this.  Checking on that now.

*Edit*

I'm pretty sure that if there are other day dependent values the total number of entries for each day dependent value must match the total number of days.

For instance if you have a 10 day campaign you must have 10 entries for weather, 10 entries for score, 10 entries for all the Support Missions, 10 entries for Difficulty Based Fire support, etc..

< Message edited by RD_Oddball -- 4/30/2009 12:32:27 AM >

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 2
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 4/30/2009 12:53:38 AM   
RD_Oddball

I talked to the programmer he added that the number of entries for the forcepools needs to contain enough entries for the number of days as well.   Anything that is dependent upon the number of days needs to have the same number of entries to match the total number of days.  Simple concept but easy to make mistakes if you're not careful.  Make backups. I know you're an experienced modder Firefox but in case someone reading this isn't it's always good to repeat the modders mantra.  "make backups"

(in reply to RD_Oddball)
Post #: 3
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 4/30/2009 1:27:44 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

Thanks by answer me, I suppose that you can add more day icons on scenario editor and other parts from game and it will detect them if you add the correct changes on data, is it correct?

Other thing from game that I want to know is how many turns has the 4 day grand campaign? 16?

(in reply to RD_Oddball)
Post #: 4
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 4/30/2009 1:49:01 AM   
RD_Oddball

All the day graphics are in there it's just that the game calls on them when the correct number of entries exist in all necessary locations.

Actually 20 if you count the night turns.  Which you can also eliminate or add 1 night turn per day in the campaign.txt.   Also, in case it's not obvious you can also mod how many turns there are per day.  The valid range is 1-4.

Post #: 5
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 4/30/2009 2:26:50 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

And, what happens with your BG when you rest it? can other BG cross over it on strategic map? can a BG under attack be on rest? if I do not remember bad, it was some from the old CC2, no?

(in reply to RD_Oddball)
Post #: 6
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 4/30/2009 3:46:47 AM   
RD_Oddball

If a BG is resting and gets attacked it gets interrupted from resting and is forced to battle.

Post #: 7
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 5/4/2009 1:03:09 PM   
nietsche

All good to hear ... The creative modders will be on the job already :)

Hard work is a good way to succeed. There is less competition that way...

(in reply to RD_Oddball)
Post #: 8
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 5/4/2009 6:43:04 PM   
RD_Oddball

Oh I'm sure of it.

(in reply to nietsche)
Post #: 9
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 5/5/2009 11:11:43 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: RD_Oddball

the number of entries for the forcepools needs to contain enough entries for the number of days as well.   Anything that is dependent upon the number of days needs to have the same number of entries to match the total number of days.

If you know all the entries which need adjusted can you go beyond 25 days; or are you always going to be prevented from doing this by a cap on the size of the forcepools?

(in reply to RD_Oddball)
Post #: 10
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 5/6/2009 12:52:52 AM   
RD_Oddball

25 days was the max number in the original CC5 and that cap needed to be preserved for the classic CC5 version we included to be playable.  The size of the forcepools is not connected.  It's a co-incidence that there are 25 campaign days and 25 slots available for each day of a GC for each BG.  Hopefully that makes sense.  Tough to explain.

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 11
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 5/10/2009 11:51:21 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

OK fair enough

Breaching the 64 map x 100 turn limits is obviously going to have to wait for new versions.

(in reply to RD_Oddball)
Post #: 12
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 5/11/2009 12:05:58 AM   
RD_Oddball

One aspect of TLD that you may be overlooking is that each day has the potential for 5 turns.  Multiply by 25 days, if you played only one battle per turn, that's 125 battles.  Multiply by 37 to get the max number of theoretical possible battles in a GC.  4,625.  Assuming the battle continues between every possible BG on every single day of the GC.  Extremely unlikely but possible.

Not 100% sure what you're driving at/asking so maybe I need more explanation?

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 13
RE: How many grand campaign days let you play the new C... - 5/11/2009 12:30:49 AM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: RD_Oddball

Not 100% sure what you're driving at/asking so maybe I need more explanation?

No, that's grand!

Cheers!

I think I've already bored everyone to death with my "expanded stratmap" dreams.

(in reply to RD_Oddball)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> How many grand campaign days let you play the new CC5 Longest Day? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI