Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? - 7/14/2009 4:02:14 AM   
Hornblower

Damn, ain't we the helpfull bunch?!?!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 61
RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? - 7/14/2009 5:36:23 AM   
bradfordkay

quote:

ORIGINAL: SimonDC

Well, that's a tease Tallyman. I'm in Steve.

Simon

You and Steve should keep that between yourselves...

I might be in DC area the weekend of Sept 19 (niece getting married)... so if you're meeting around then maybe I'll have time to stop in.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to SimonDC)
Post #: 62
RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? - 7/14/2009 1:20:11 PM   
AW1Steve

Hmmm... A going away party for Skrewball in July , or a welcome to DC party for Brad? I know! (In a flash of great wisdom, Steve comes to a solution!). WE'LL HAVE TWO PARTIES! (get togethers). One at the end of July and one in September! How say yea gentlemen?

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 63
RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? - 7/15/2009 7:41:25 AM   
bradfordkay

No promises yet that I'll have time to do more than the familial obligations. I'll have to let you guys know later on... 

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 64
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/15/2009 8:19:03 AM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Is there any one interested in a get together of WITP players in the DC Metro area? I'm thinking of some fairly central location that serves good beer? Any intrest? Any suggestions? I'm aware of at least 2 Falls Church residents, 1 Alexandria and one southern Maryland. I'm sure there are more. Don't be shy, here's an opportunity to meet your brethern!

wish I could--I own a condo in Fairfax but I spend most of my time in England. I'm currently in Ireland.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 65
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/15/2009 12:33:23 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

quote:

Is there any one interested in a get together of WITP players in the DC Metro area? I'm thinking of some fairly central location that serves good beer? Any intrest? Any suggestions? I'm aware of at least 2 Falls Church residents, 1 Alexandria and one southern Maryland. I'm sure there are more. Don't be shy, here's an opportunity to meet your brethern!

wish I could--I own a condo in Fairfax but I spend most of my time in England. I'm currently in Ireland.

Still though, would it be a deductable business trip to check up on your investment property?

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 66
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/15/2009 3:29:53 PM   
herwin

quote:

quote:

quote:

Still though, would it be a deductable business trip to check up on your investment property?

since it is occupied by members of the family I'd like pass.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 67
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/15/2009 5:28:28 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

since it is occupied by members of the family I'd like pass.

I can understand a desire to avoid relatives....at the same time, I find that they need checking up on even more!

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 68
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/17/2009 12:53:01 PM   
AW1Steve

Hey guys, I need some more imput! We need to do thid before Skrewball goes overseas! The floor is open to nomination as to where and when! Any suggestions?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 69
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/17/2009 8:30:24 PM   
denisonh

I'm an old UV/WitP hand justing coming back into the fold and live in Alexandria. Depending on when, I'm in.

Any preference as to weekend/school night?

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 70
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/17/2009 9:13:22 PM   
AW1Steve

It seemed that the weekend worked out better last time, and there seems to be a preference for Metro accecable. That old DWI thing.

(in reply to denisonh)
Post #: 71
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/18/2009 3:09:16 AM   
DE679

I would love to join you all again, but am stuck in San Diego CA until September. Good Luck there Skrewball, and I will buy you a beer when you get back.

Murphy's Grand Irish Pub. Alexandria, King street.

Take Care, John

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 72
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/18/2009 4:40:41 PM   
skrewball

Hey Steve...I'm just not gonna have enough time to do a meet up. Only two weeks left and I still have so much to do. Hope you guys have a good time!

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

(in reply to DE679)
Post #: 73
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/19/2009 10:18:58 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: skrewball

Hey Steve...I'm just not gonna have enough time to do a meet up. Only two weeks left and I still have so much to do. Hope you guys have a good time!

I'm very sorry to hear that you are going so soon. You can be sure that there will be at least one toast raised to your good health and safety!

So that takes the pressure off for making it a July event. I've heard a few people suggest September....comment? Suggestions? Motions from the floor? For the good of the order?

(in reply to skrewball)
Post #: 74
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/19/2009 10:59:13 PM   
denisonh

How about Mid/Late August? I deploy to Afghanistan in October and am gone on leave first two weeks of September.

Sounds familiar......

quote:

quote:

I'm very sorry to hear that you are going so soon. You can be sure that there will be at least one toast raised to your good health and safety!

So that takes the pressure off for making it a July event. I've heard a few people suggest September....comment? Suggestions? Motions from the floor? For the good of the order?

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 75
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/19/2009 11:06:58 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: denisonh

How about Mid/Late August? I deploy to Afghanistan in October and am gone on leave first two weeks of September.

Sounds familiar......

quote:

quote:

August works for me. Except for the weekend nearest the 29th. That old 3oth anniversary thing. My wife is very understanding , but........

(in reply to denisonh)
Post #: 76
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/21/2009 1:25:25 PM   
AW1Steve

Any other motions? Imputs? Suggestions? We are not getting a lot of responses.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 77
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/21/2009 4:10:59 PM   
denisonh

How about 14/15 August?
quote:

Any other motions? Imputs? Suggestions? We are not getting a lot of responses.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 78
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/24/2009 1:23:25 AM   
AW1Steve

Bump!

(in reply to denisonh)
Post #: 79
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/24/2009 1:42:07 AM   
denisonh

14/15 August. Anyone else besides me n Steve?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 80
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/24/2009 11:48:54 AM   
Tallyman662

I'm in. We could meet at Theismann's at the King Street Metro if you are seeking suggestions on a place to meet.

Pete

(in reply to denisonh)
Post #: 81
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/24/2009 5:10:49 PM   
denisonh

Works for me
quote:

ORIGINAL: Tallyman662

I'm in. We could meet at Theismann's at the King Street Metro if you are seeking suggestions on a place to meet.

Pete

(in reply to Tallyman662)
Post #: 82
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/24/2009 9:50:11 PM   
AW1Steve

You couldn't make it any easier for me. I live one metro stop , or a ten minute walk away. And if we are not happy with Theismann's, (It is a sports place after all, and they can get loud) then we have all of Old Town within easy strolling distance. How about Saturday afternoon? That way I can tell the spouse that I'm celebrating my birthday (the day before) , and she can't possibly object! (oh , guilt can be a usefull tool!).

(in reply to denisonh)
Post #: 83
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/25/2009 3:22:19 PM   
Tallyman662

Steve,

I knew you were one stop away and since Denisonh and I live in NOVA seemed like a logical choice. If others want to join in we could move it to be more convenient for them. I know there are a few people in the area who did not respond the first time and then the group of us who did. We want to set a DTG for this and finalize?

Pete

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 84
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/25/2009 3:38:49 PM   
AW1Steve

Works for me! Of course if no one shows up from DC or MD, we will have to rename our little group. "The Army of Northern Virginia"?

Post #: 85
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/25/2009 4:36:20 PM   
Tallyman662

At least you chose the best service for the name!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 86
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 7/25/2009 11:12:05 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tallyman662

At least you chose the best service for the name!

Well, there never has been a Navy of Northern Virginia. And the Navy of Virginia was pre-colonial. How about the Virginia Air Force?

Post #: 87
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 8/10/2009 2:28:54 AM   
AW1Steve

So, guys, are we still on for the 14th?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 88
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 8/13/2009 12:25:39 PM   
AW1Steve

Having heard no response, would I be correct in assuming that this event has been cancelled due to lack of interest?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 89
RE: DC Metro area WITP summit? - 8/14/2009 4:46:21 PM   
denisonh

What time? I have a 5pm engagement in Fairfax
quote:

Having heard no response, would I be correct in assuming that this event has been cancelled due to lack of interest?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Northern Virginia WITP summit? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI