Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT - Origins

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> OT - Origins Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT - Origins - 4/23/2009 3:00:14 PM   
vettim89

Living a short 2.5 hour drive from COlumbus, I unbelievably have never been to Origins. Is it worth going to? Also, any forum members planning on attending?

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
Post #: 1
RE: OT - Origins - 4/23/2009 3:45:55 PM   
rjopel

You can get in for pretty cheap on a one day pass.  I've been there playing Federation and Empire for the last couple of years.  It's nice to see the people I interact with on a regualr basis on that board in person.  Put faces to name.

I'll be up in the F&E/Star Fleet Battles Area pretty much all weekend starting Tuesday night until Sunday morning.

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 2
RE: OT - Origins - 4/23/2009 3:52:00 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: vettim89

Living a short 2.5 hour drive from COlumbus, I unbelievably have never been to Origins. Is it worth going to? Also, any forum members planning on attending?

I've been to Origins in Baltimore and Los Angeles. It's worth attending for a day.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 3
RE: OT - Origins - 4/23/2009 6:06:09 PM   
grraven2004

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjopel

You can get in for pretty cheap on a one day pass.  I've been there playing Federation and Empire for the last couple of years.  It's nice to see the people I interact with on a regualr basis on that board in person.  Put faces to name.

I'll be up in the F&E/Star Fleet Battles Area pretty much all weekend starting Tuesday night until Sunday morning.

Good to see I'm not the only Starfleet Games Universe player that plays witp. Are you on sfbol?

Human by birth

Klingon By choice!

Sig changed per Erik's request

(in reply to rjopel)
Post #: 4
RE: OT - Origins - 4/23/2009 6:07:47 PM   
grraven2004

I was at Origins when it was in San Jose CA. Way back in 1995ish. Played Starfleet Battles and a few other games. I really enjoyed the weekend and have always thought that it was worth the time and money.

Human by birth

Klingon By choice!

Sig changed per Erik's request

(in reply to grraven2004)
Post #: 5
RE: OT - Origins - 4/23/2009 7:26:54 PM   
Hornblower

I've been to Cold Wars in Lancaster, PA for HMGS way back in the day.  So long as you can get over the "Nerd Factor" its a good time.. 

Post #: 6
RE: OT - Origins - 4/23/2009 11:15:33 PM   
rjopel

quote:

ORIGINAL: grraven2004

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjopel

Good to see I'm not the only Starfleet Games Universe player that plays witp. Are you on sfbol?

I don't play SFB even though I have all the stuff. I play F&E. I'm also on the F&E and Prime Directive staff.

Post #: 7
RE: OT - Origins - 4/25/2009 3:34:16 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

I went to Origins in Columbus the last two years with the Matrix group. There are reportedly about 15K attendees over the course of the event (not sure exactly how that is calculated). Lots of role playing, board games, card games, one huge room of miniatures, one huge room of vendors.

If you've never been to anything this big, then I'd say it is definitely worth going at least once.

AE Project Lead

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 8
RE: OT - Origins - 4/25/2009 4:32:08 AM   
marky

quote:

ill go you one better...

What is Origins?

(in reply to vettim89)
Post #: 9
RE: OT - Origins - 4/25/2009 1:51:15 PM   
BrucePowers

I went to the Historical Mimiatures Gaming Society convention last summer in Lancaster, PA. I went to play a game called Close Action. I had a great time. I would recommend going to Origins.

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 10
RE: OT - Origins - 4/25/2009 2:19:04 PM   
flipperwasirish

quote:

ORIGINAL: marky

quote:

ill go you one better...

What is Origins?

Marky,

Origins is a large Wargamming Convention held every year (in Ohio for the last 10 years or so).

I know you know this as I remember you asking about it years ago, and it being explained to you then. Search "Origins 2009 AND wargames" and you will find all the info you need.

Flipper

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 11
RE: OT - Origins - 4/25/2009 4:20:02 PM   
marky

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

quote:

ORIGINAL: marky

quote:

ill go you one better...

What is Origins?

Marky,

Origins is a large Wargamming Convention held every year (in Ohio for the last 10 years or so).

I know you know this as I remember you asking about it years ago, and it being explained to you then. Search "Origins 2009 AND wargames" and you will find all the info you need.

ahh. Really? I dont recall

guess my memory isnt what it used to be

(in reply to flipperwasirish)
Post #: 12
RE: OT - Origins - 4/26/2009 3:04:08 AM   
Tophat1812

I might actually showup to Origins again this year if there is any chance of getting in on a game of F&E. And a SFB tournament might be nice as well,though its been a few years since I last played.

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 13
RE: OT - Origins - 4/26/2009 11:54:41 AM   
rjopel

Tophat,

See the PM I sent, but come on by.  Both Saturday Patrol and Gold Hat tournies, Federation Commander Tourney and 5 Days of all the F&E you can take.

(in reply to Tophat1812)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> OT - Origins Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI