Version U4 Changes
Fixed message screen for JA & GE victory conditions. JA needs 110VP for 24 turns, GE needs 138VP for 18 Turns (Event 109)
Fixed unlimited Aid Cards per turn. West & SU had incorrectly been able to give as much aid each turn to China & SU as they desired.
Coastal Defenses unit no longer able to kill air units.
USA's Halsey Fleet no longer present at Pacific Blitz. Enters 2 turns later.
USA starting Atlantic DD fleet enters if UK invaded by GE, otherwise enters on turn after Pacific Blitz.
Sydney starts with extra 3 Flak Immobile, 40 Riflemen.
Version U3 Changes
Bug Fix: SU Production set to 100% now when SU starts war with GE before June 1941 if GE did not have adequate garrison
JA victory condition set to 24 turns instead of 18 (Event 38)
Turkish capitol Ankara now able to produce supply and PP.
San Francisco & L.A. get 5 Flak Immobile I
Pacific Map changed to more accurately simulate importance of Guadalcanal for supply of Australia
Version U2 Changes
Decreased Flak Immobile combat value vs. Air 20% (hit points unaltered)
Version U1 Changes
1. Removed GE Pressures Axis Action Card (Event 4, lines 62, 64)
. . . . . . . . This card made it far too easy to conquer Balkans & to launch too quick attack on SU southern front
2. Lowered GE starting PP by 50, added 30 PP to SU starting PP
3. Fixed typo error for increased number of trains starting in Stavka. Now extra 7 trains from original version (Weber 33d).
4. Add Fortifications outside Omsk
5. Created starting SU HQs in Sevastopol and Stalingrad.
6. Restored SU starting staff to pre-T levels, added extra 10 staff, 5 extra horses to Stavka.
7. Restored SU winter supply bonus (Event 108, line 12, Event 53, line 14)
8. Restored SU auto wakes up January 1941 Event 63, line 55)
9. Restored SU winter partisan level (Event 112, line 36)
10. Added 15 % production bonus for Omsk (Event 48)
11. Increased number of coastal defense units in some USA cities (helpful to defend vs. subs when new ships are built)
Version T6 Changes
1. Removed free city garrisons to UK when playing Historical Western Blitz
2. Adjusted Pacific Ocean map to more accurately reflect distances from Pearl to Australia
3. Changed Dutch East Indies & Solomons to more historically accurate not in war until Pacific Blitz
. . . . . . . . This removes 4000 supply made in Pacific from West prior to JA invasion
4. Added 2000 free supplies to Calcutta until JA declares war with China, remove 2000 in production from JA
. . . . . . . . This balances the loss to the West from removal of Dutch East Indies as belonging to West
Version T5 Changes
1.Fixed China getting production bonus and tech bonus even after at war with JA
B. Rule Adjustments to Improve Balance
1. Relocated Gallipoli to south end of the strait.
2 .GE Victory Conditions Changed to 138 VP for 18 turns
(All of the continent up to Moscow except the Caucasus. Gorki, Kazan, & Caucasus no longer required. Caucasus (Astrakhan, Maikov, Grozny, Baku 1 & Baku2) & London are each worth as much as Moscow, Stalingrad, or Leningrad, so conquering London or Caucasus is an alternative to capturing one of the Soviet big 3).
3. Number of partisans that rebel in non-garrisoned SU captured cities reduced. (Ev. 112)
4. Number of total GE pp needed to keep SU from rebelling after capturing Moscow & Leningrad or Stalingrad, & after capturing Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Omsk, & Kazan increased 25%.
5. First winter of GE invasion of SU GE combat penalty changed from 75% to 50%
6. Doubled Calais garrison in Historical Western Blitz to better facilitate a Dunkirk withdrawal.
7. Dutch Indies joins USA instead of West when Netherlands is conquered by GE.
8. Added 1 VP to Guam & Dutch East Indies
8. Added South East Asia army to JA in Bangkok when Pacific Blitz is played.
C. Unit Changes
1. Increased Flak Immobile cost by 50%, reduced kill rate vs. bombers by 33%
2. Supply partisans can carry lowered
3. Increased Ship Hull defenses vs. Subs
4. BB & CA Bombard Strengths Increased
5. Reduced Coastal Defense strength vs. air by 50%, cost increased by 20%
D. Map Changes
Restored the port functions of Iwo Jima, Wake, & Midway.
Though historically inaccurate, it allows their true use as air bases with supply.
Gave New Guinea (& its surrounding islands) to Dutch East Indies.
Better reflects historical reality that Commonwealth had no troops there until 1942.
Eliminated strait at Singapore.
No good way in AT to simulate Singapore’s total lack of water on the island.
Added RRs in South East Asia, based on a more detailed map I found.
Version T4 Changes (April 15, 2010)
1. Fixed Kunming no longer becomes JA when Vichy declared like it did in version T3 only
2. Fixed JA keeps its territory and its units if it does not use Pacific Blitz card by 6 turns after beginning of war with China. Territory now restored to China and JA units eliminated if Pacific Blitz card not played in time.
Version T3 Changes (April 5, 2010)
1. Hanoi no longer given to China if GE creates Vichy. China receives 3000 supply instead if Vichy is declared, representing the aid from the USA that flowed through Vichy Hanoi.
2. Thailand starts game as historically accurate neutrals. (Becomes JA when Pacific Blitz is played)
3. North Blitz card simulates GE surprise attack by giving Stavanger and Bergen to GE, though Bergen gets only 5 Riflemen to occupy it.
4. JA ports start game with 2 hex radius that are JA sea hexes to avoid West from blocking fleet from leaving for Pearl Harbor.
5. Lowered SU starting staff level 10%
6. Lowered SU first turn of winter while awake supply bonus by 2000
7. Gibraltar Strait now opened so ships can go through
Version T2 Changes (March 26 2010)
Fixed Venice. In version T1 Venice stopped being a producing city. Now restored to City 4.
Fixed West Stops Vichy from Forming card not given when Historical Blitz option chosen.
Coastal Artillery changed to Coastal Defenses: Gains the defensive abilities versus subs of 2 destroyers.
Added road from Oslo to Stavanger.
. . . . . I found a good map of Norway at the time that showed a major highway used between the 2.
Version T1 Changes
a) Coastal Artillery vs. units in Big Sea were previously unable to attack, and defended at half strength. Now function same as vs. regular sea, full strength attack and full strength defend.
b) Italian Morale Restored to Normal (version S was set to a maximum of 8 instead of starting at 8)
II. New Features
a) Accelerate Ship production Game Option (sent by bwheatley)
This will double the random chance of you getting a hull built.
b) Purchase Additional Manpower Action Cards (sent by bwheatley)
The West can buy 800 additional manpower for 500PP and a morale loss of 10% beginning in 1944.
Germany can buy 800 additional manpower for 300PP and a morale loss of 10% beginning in 1945.
c) Consequences to JA Delaying War with China
If Japan does not begin the war with China by July 1941, the following conditions occur:
1) All Chinese cities produce at 125% of normal until war begins (restores to 100% at that time)
2) USA gives China 2000 supply per turn until JA begins war with China
3) In August, October, and December 1941, China gains Guns 1, Heavy Infantry II, and Staff II, if war has not begun by those times
4) In August 1942, if JA has not begun war with China, China may declare war on Japan, and Japan then loses Pacific Blitz Card. At that time, West receives Persuade USA to join West card (150 PP). When played, USA joins West and West declares war on Japan.
5) China victory conditions now only require holding Kunming, Chungking, Sian, Beijing, Shanghai, & Canton
d) West & Soviet Union at War
Once Berlin is occupied by either Western Allies or Soviet Union, the 2 automatically are at war with each other.
e) Incident at Nomohan Card (JA/SU war) renewed each January
If JA & SU are at peace, each January they are given the Start War between JA & SU (Nomohan Incident) card.
III. Adjustments to Improve Balance
a) GE receives new city 4: Dresden
b) GE begins game with Staff II
c) GE & JA only need to hold their VPs 18 turns instead of 24 turns for victory.
d) If JA does not own Hanoi by July 1941, China gets 60PP & production in all Chinese cities increases to 125% of normal
e) West receives manpower grant of 800 13 and 25 turns after USA enters.
f) New Bomber research (dive and level) requires completed research of the previous level of the other bomber type.
.....For instance, Dive Bomber 3 requires Dive Bomber 2 & Level Bomber 2.
g) Effects of Winter Reduced:
.....Maximum single turn readiness penalty 1939-1942 is reduced from 50 to 40.
.....Maximum single turn readiness penalty in 1943 is 35.
.....Maximum single turn readiness penalty in 1944 & 1945 is 30.
h) SU Production when awake but not at war changed from 45% to 55% prior to June 1941 & from 55% to 65% starting June 1941.
i) SU auto wakes February 1941 instead of January 1941.
j) Chinese Partisan Levels Reduced
.....From 7% to 5% for no 900pp & for Sian Conquered
.....From 6% to 4% for No City Garrisons
.....From 4% to 3% for 900pp present all garrisons OK
k) JA gets Fighter II & Heavy Infantry II when they begin war with China
l) JA gets Carrier III, BB/CA III, Destroyer III when they play the Pacific Blitz Card
m) Partisan Levels Decrease to very low when occupying garrisons PP kept high
.......Yugoslavia: . . . 100 PP if not at war with Soviet Union,
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150 PP if yes at war with Soviet Union
.......Greece: . . . . . .100 PP (until West has 100 PP in Italy, then Greek partisan become many)
.......Soviet Union:. . 850 PP (before capturing Big 5 Cities & assuming all city garrisons are adequate and not winter)
..............................1500 PP (after capturing Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Kazan, & Gorki, & cities garrisoned & not winter)
.......China: . . . . . . .1100 PP (assuming all city garrisons are adequate)
IV. Unit Changes
a) Sub 3 & 4 have defense versus air increased by 1 each.
b) Flak 4 anti-air range increased to 3
c) Battleship & Cruiser bombardment strength versus land units reduced by 60%
d) Coastal Artillery strength versus surface ships increased by 33%
e) The Soviet Union Partisan unit is reduced from containing 8 partisans to 5, but gets extra supply.
f) The trucks added to the free SU Worker Battalions in version R have been removed.
Version S Changes
New Features or Conditions
Historical Western Blitz Game Option Added
If chosen at game start, France begins the game asleep and will not wake up until attacked. France is given 3 extra units to fill in the northern coastal and Ardennes region gaps in their defense, and units start with more XP than previously.
Maginot Line Garrison Requirement Added:
With Normal Start (Not Historical Western Blitz), moving 50pp of units that begin the game in the Maginot Line outside the Line immediately gives Germany the Western Blitz Card, instead of in May 1940. Units in other parts of France may move freely. Once Germany invades France, all Maginot Line units may move freely.
Turkey maintains independence (does not join West or SU) if GE or SU attacks them. Turkey should then be played by China player.
Adjustments to Improve Balance
Maginot Line Unit Changes:
Maginot Line units lose an AT & Infantry Gun and all Flak, and gain 5 SMG & 5 Machine Guns to better reflect historical unit formations in May 1940.
New unit is given in middle of Maginot Line:
8 Flak Immobile. These were NOT historically present, but necessary to stop Germany from very ahistorical tactic of aerial bombing of Maginot Line prior to invasion.
Germany gets 200 PP to start game
Italy Joins Germany after fall of Paris instead of fall of Lille
Italians no longer have combat reduction. Instead, Italian units begin with a morale of 8.
Soviet Siberian Factories creation cannot be blocked
After war with Germany begins, if Kiev, Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk, Sevastopol, or Rostov are not occupied by GE by 6, 9, 12, 15, & 18 turns respectively, after Eastern Blitz begins, their corresponding Siberian factories are created anyway.
SU gets Lend Lease Trucks (4) & Trains (4) in Vladivostok each turn SU is at war with GE.
All SU producing cities get 2 Flak Immobile Level I at game start.
JA Garrison unit added to Taiwan
All of UK is now in winter zone. In winter of 1940/1941, London receives extra 1000 supply December - February.
Glasgow changed from Resource 2 to City 0
Ploesti changed from Resource 2 to Resource 4
Bomber Research divided into 2 categories: Dive Bomber and Level Bomber, each costing half of the original total
Katyusha changed to reflect changes to Artillery & Flak88. Costs same as Flak88, power same as Artillery III, unable to carry tanks (never could, that was a mistake in the text description.)
BBI & BBII Anti Structure points increased by 5 points,
Artillery bombardment vs. infantry increased by 5 points.
Mortar attack strength vs. armor lowered 30%, vs. infantry lowered 15%.
Artillery supply use increased by 12%
Partisan combat defense strength lowered 21%, HP lowered 20%
Sea Scouts movement over land severely limited.
Fixed Italian navy not entering the game 75% of the time. It now always enters the game at one of 4 locations.
Fixed Minor Axis not joining GE if SU starts war with GE due to insufficient GE PP on border.
Fixed Omsk production. Now producing Siberians and PP after GE declares war, instead of Russians
Fixed SU getting Production Boosts in 1942 when not at war
Fixed Supply Centers not increasing production in 1942 onwards
Cairo starts game producing for Wavell HQ
Port Swettenham starts game producing for Singapore HQ
Road to Mosul starts game as entirely the territory of Western Allies
Carrier Air Ranges reported by AT is only for range over land. They move normally over sea, despite the report.
Version R Changes
Soviet Siberian Factories (created after GE defeats major SU cities) now able to build everything except PP and ships
Extra supply to SU in winter when awake but not at war reduced
Glasgow eliminated as resource center for UK
SU Aid to China goes directly to Chungking, but requires China to control Urumchi and Lanzhou
West able to give aid to Soviet Union only after SU at war with GE
Northern Blitz messages not repeating
Check PP in France Card working properly
Long Range Fighter I no longer upgradeable to Long Range Fighter II
SU Far East HQ given Stavka as its HQ instead of no HQ
Version Q Changes
Night Bombers eliminated (for now, until I can do more tests under many different conditions)
Weather effects not quite as harsh
Italians now have lower starting morale instead of lower combat versus British
Italian navy starting port now randomized
Partisans enter game with slightly lower XP
Action card with map to check if West’s non-evacuation conditions of France are being met
Coastal Artillery no longer able to fire against air attacks
Bombed cities auto-recover slightly quicker
Version P Changes
(no version O)
More accurate Pacific map
-Hong Kong replaced with Canton (JA owned)
-JA Supply centers incorporated into JA cities
-Burma & Malaysia map more accurate
Northern Blitz separated from Western Blitz
….. April 1940 GE able to attack Norway & Denmark separately from France, BeNeLux. Western Blitz now in May 1940.
GE must double garrison of SU when they conquer all SU up to Kazan (inclusive)
West loses game if it does not occupy Paris by 36 turns after USA enters war (Pacific Blitz)
Monthly manpower gains reduced 15-20% for all regimes except China
SU RRs in winter have limited movement
SU has 25% attack bonus during winter turns
If GE is human and West is AI, victory conditions have changed:
…..In addition to conquering Axis Europa, GE must also conquer London, Birmingham, & Manchester
If West is AI, Canadian & USA production moved to UK & Pacific
If West is AI, GE & JA production will begin decreasing starting one year after USA enters war.
- GE & JA production will never go below 40% of maximum.
Lots of minor “helps” to the AI to make it much more competetive (I hope)
Version N Changes
Fixed Level Bomber anti-structure points
Fixed Wuhan & Changsha occupation by JA
Fixed Munich not producing at 20% bonus
Adjusted USA production levels
Adjusted JA production levels
Improved Pacific map to account for different scale from Europe & different conditions
Altered China map somewhat to account for different scale from Europe
Only allowed airfields, ports, or military bases to be built on islands where that was possible
Increased structure points of certain Pacific islands & Aalborg
Deleted Australian roads
Added a few extra cargo ships & Riflemen to JA to start game
Added Flak to Chinese cities due to new Level Bomber ranges & different map scale for China
Deleteed Chinese KMT supply center & return Kunming to size 2 city
Lowered Chinese Partisan frequency & strength
Lowered BB bombard points versus infantry
Restored cost to build engineers to version 33d cost
Oslo coastal artillery gun now not destroyed if Western Blitz card played
Version M Changes
1. Fixed omission from L of new graphics files for Escort Carrier and Fortified Airfield
2. Fixed L Montreal bug: IF AI is West, went into infinite loop.
3. Fixed auto recover all structural damage bug
4. New event: Axis leave North Africa causes Italian units to lose 25% morale
5. New event: If West occupies Rome:
-------First 2 turns, Italians lose 25 % morale
-------Third turn: Italians surrender, all Italian units disbanded
6. Changes to Air Units
-----All Level Bombers, & new Night Bombers have range of 18, regardless of Tech Level
-----All Level Bombers do more structural damage than previously
-----New units: Night Bombers: Similar to level bombers except no attack vs. units, medium structural damage, fighters cannot intercept
-----Strategic Bombers incorporated into Level Bomber IV
-----Fighter III range extended 1 hex
-----Long Range Fighter I range extended 3 hexes
7. Irkutsk changed from resource center to city 2
8. English Channel area & Great Barrier Reef area now Big Sea to simulate slower ship movement in these areas
9. Canton replace by Hong Kong (British owned at game start)
Version L Changes
L_Fixed has the omitted graphics correctly in place now.
One of the most significant improvements to date!
Stronger JA & West AI
Totally new victory conditions for GE & JA
- JA has to capture & hold for 24 turns Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere
-----This does NOT include Calcutta, Chungking, or Sydney!
- GE has to capture & hold Axis Europa for 24 turns
-----This includes all the European continent from the Atlantic to Omsk, but not neutrals
JA must maintain a garrison in China, & in each Chinese city except the inner 3
GE must maintain a garrision in SU, & in each Soviet city it captures
West must maintain a garrison of all starting units in north France prior to GE invasion or GE immediately gets Western Blitz card
GE can Pressure Axis to join war after conquest of Warsaw
SU can start war with GE after August 1 1942
Romanian, Hungarian, Bulgarian troops all have combat effectiveness reduced slightly
New units: Carrier Escort & Air Scout Anti-Sub
Carrier Air range over land reduced to 2
Start of game ship hulls (left over from Tom’s 33d) eliminated. Instead …
Ships already significantly under production at hostilities start enter game automatically in the quarter they entered historically
Ship supply requirements more historically accurate (SS lowered a lot, others lowered slightly)
Map of Atlantic made more accurate.
--Iceland moved, Azores added, East Coast big sea hexes eliminated due to Vic's fix of anti-supply bug
Any regime may declare war on Azores starting January 1943
British occupied Hong Kong replaces Chinese occupied Canton at game start
Aid to China can now be Supply only, PP only, or Fighters only
JA cannot build kamikaze’s until an island close to home has been conquered by West
Some unit values adjusted for better accuracy and play balance
Fortified Air base has its own graphic
The new victory conditions and garrison conditions should result in some major game-play changes.
Version K Changes
Occupied Cities Produce 1/2 of original owner's level
Added Lend Lease of US DD to UK September 1940
Added Destroyer Technology, independent of Ships
Added Resource Center in Glasgow, Norfolk
Slightly reduced supply requirements for BB, CA, CV
Slightly increased Chinese Parisans frequency
Strengthened garrison in Hawaii
Strengthened garrison in Vladivostok
Gave new staff for beginning of war new conscripts, worker battalions in Soviet Union (SU)
Fixed AI trying to use cargo ships as landing craft
Fixed AI producing lots of Air Scouts
Fixed 3 JA cargoships which should have been landing craft
Fixed USA ships starting war with no supply
< Message edited by explorer2 -- 8/14/2010 1:37:27 AM >