Number of units - detailed combat

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Maulet

Number of units - detailed combat

Post by Maulet »

It's incredible. I am surprised and angry [:@][:@][:@]

Detailed combat:
Spain (me): 288.254 soldiers (defender and province belongs to me - venetia ).
Austria (AI): 169.841 soldiers (atacker).

Will:
Spain: 49 (strenght 25 )
Austria 35 (strenght 16 )

NUMBER OF UNITS IN DETAILED COMBAT:
Spain: 9 units in the field.
Austria: 17 units in the filed.

WHERE ARE MY UNITS ??????????????????????????????????????? [:@][:@][:@][:@]

Have I only 9 units?????????????? why ???????? is it a fucking joke ?????

I only receive 1 unit of reinforcement. Only 1 !!

Austria has more units than me in the detailed combat, when Austria has 120.000 less soldiers in the map ???
morganbj

RE: Number of units - detailed combat

Post by morganbj »

Were all of your units in the province the full turn before the battle, or did you move some in that turn?  If you moved some in that turn, where did they come from?  Those answers will help me give you some ideas.

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
barbarossa2

Post by barbarossa2 »

Maulet,

If your units are split up between different armies or corps, it is possible that they didn't all make it to the battle. :(

I have to admit, I like this system.  Because it gives WCS just another way to differentiate the combat effectiveness of varying nations depending on their army/corps systems and leadership and national skills.  Better armies will be able to get more troops into the battle when the shooting starts.

The only real weakness I can see is that all of this fighting is concentrated into one large battle, when historically, there would have been several battles for a provence in many situations.

-B2
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
Maulet

Post by Maulet »

ORIGINAL: bjmorgan

Were all of your units in the province the full turn before the battle, or did you move some in that turn?  If you moved some in that turn, where did they come from?  Those answers will help me give you some ideas.

All except 14.000. This 14k remained in Carintia.

The 274.000 was in venetia and don't move. The last turn came from Carintia.
Maulet

Post by Maulet »

ORIGINAL: barbarossa2

Maulet,

If your units are split up between different armies or corps, it is possible that they didn't all make it to the battle. :(

I have to admit, I like this system.  Because it gives WCS just another way to differentiate the combat effectiveness of varying nations depending on their army/corps systems and leadership and national skills.  Better armies will be able to get more troops into the battle when the shooting starts.

The only real weakness I can see is that all of this fighting is concentrated into one large battle, when historically, there would have been several battles for a provence in many situations.

-B2

Ok then I don't understand why in the initial pop up of the battle appear for me: 288 k.

If this effectiveness are active, is not logical appears 288k, is not normal that appear strenght 25.

Would be more logical appear other number, less than 25, less than 288k.

Because this pop up are lying me.
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

Well, I don't know if I ever seen this happen to that degree before.  Frequently, some of my troops won't make the battle, but I seem to get the vast majority involved unless I'm grossly over the divisional limit.

The numbers you see on the battle intro are the numbers in the province, not the battle.  B2 is correct in that sometimes not all of them show up.  Your situation is a little extreme, I suppose, but since it happened to you, it's must possible.

Maybe somebody with more detailed information can chime in; I suspect that there may be other factors in play.  I wonder, for example, if initiative has something to do with who shows up to fight.  Anybody out there know the answer?
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”