Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WiF:FE Manual

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WiF:FE Manual Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WiF:FE Manual - 4/12/2009 6:21:47 PM   
Missouri Rebel

Please excuse my correct lack of terminology(?)regarding computer jargon but; Is there a HTML(?) manual around that hyperlinks(?) the Table of Contents and any rules references? Just anything that might help a noob become familiar with the mechanics other than a Word Document. I am trying to get through these but, have to admit the rulebook is cumbersome and lacking in examples.

Will the MWiF manual take advantage of some of these tools?

Thanks again,
Mo Reb

EDIT: Dang, should have posted this in the thread already started....sorry

< Message edited by Missouri Rebel -- 4/12/2009 6:23:17 PM >

We must act... against the Sioux, even to the extermination of men, WOMEN and CHILDREN.The more Indians we can kill this year, the less will have to be killed next year. They all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers.- w.t. SHErMAN
Post #: 1
RE: WiF:FE Manual - 4/12/2009 6:56:25 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri Rebel

Please excuse my correct lack of terminology(?)regarding computer jargon but; Is there a HTML(?) manual around that hyperlinks(?) the Table of Contents and any rules references? Just anything that might help a noob become familiar with the mechanics other than a Word Document. I am trying to get through these but, have to admit the rulebook is cumbersome and lacking in examples.

Thanks again,
Mo Reb

In my weekly status report to Matrix tomorrow, I'll ask how they feel about making Rules as Coded available as a PDF. No promises!

In the meantime, I recommend the tutorial threads - as my best attempt at creating an introduction for new WIF players (and for those who need to dust off brain cells).

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 4/12/2009 6:58:46 PM >

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Missouri Rebel)
Post #: 2
RE: WiF:FE Manual - 4/12/2009 10:50:31 PM   
Missouri Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Thanks again,
Mo Reb

In my weekly status report to Matrix tomorrow, I'll ask how they feel about making Rules as Coded available as a PDF. No promises!

In the meantime, I recommend the tutorial threads - as my best attempt at creating an introduction for new WIF players (and for those who need to dust off brain cells).

That sounds really good. Oh man, I hope you can convince then to do so.

I have in fact read through the tutorials and appreciate the effort to put us noobs in the fold. They are both well done and informative. I was just about to go through them again so I can etch it into this thick skull.

Mr. OKeets, I am very confident that you will be delivering a stellar product and wanted to voice an often stated opinion in that you,Sir, have exceeded any expectations throughout this development. Kudos.

mo reb

< Message edited by Missouri Rebel -- 4/12/2009 10:51:17 PM >

We must act... against the Sioux, even to the extermination of men, WOMEN and CHILDREN.The more Indians we can kill this year, the less will have to be killed next year. They all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers.- w.t. SHErMAN

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
RE: WiF:FE Manual - 4/13/2009 2:39:15 PM   
micheljq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Thanks again,
Mo Reb

HTML is great because of the hyperlinks, you don't have these in PDFs. Just my personal opinion.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
RE: WiF:FE Manual - 4/13/2009 3:47:46 PM   
Anendrue

Can you check on the ok to do a wiki and/or fan site with RAC, RAW, and information from thses forums while your at it?

Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 5
RE: WiF:FE Manual - 4/13/2009 3:58:59 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: abj9562

Can you check on the ok to do a wiki and/or fan site with RAC, RAW, and information from thses forums while your at it?

I'll check.

Steve

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 6
RE: WiF:FE Manual - 4/13/2009 4:12:30 PM   
SamuraiProgrmmr

Actually PDFs can be made with hyperlinks.

Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 7
RE: WiF:FE Manual - 4/19/2009 10:35:58 PM   
Missouri Rebel

Any word on whether or not this might happen? I could really understand Matrix not allowing it if this were a brand new system but, seeing as the rules are openly available my hopes are high.

mo reb

(in reply to SamuraiProgrmmr)
Post #: 8
RE: WiF:FE Manual - 4/19/2009 10:47:31 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Any word on whether or not this might happen? I could really understand Matrix not allowing it if this were a brand new system but, seeing as the rules are openly available my hopes are high.

mo reb

I mention it in my weekly reports, but so far I have not gotten a response yay or nay.

Steve

(in reply to Missouri Rebel)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WiF:FE Manual Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI