WiF:FE Manual

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Missouri Rebel

WiF:FE Manual

Post by Missouri Rebel »

Please excuse my correct lack of terminology(?)regarding computer jargon but; Is there a HTML(?) manual around that hyperlinks(?) the Table of Contents and any rules references? Just anything that might help a noob become familiar with the mechanics other than a Word Document. I am trying to get through these but, have to admit the rulebook is cumbersome and lacking in examples.

Will the MWiF manual take advantage of some of these tools?

Thanks again,
Mo Reb

EDIT: Dang, should have posted this in the thread already started....sorry
We must act... against the Sioux, even to the extermination of men, WOMEN and CHILDREN.The more Indians we can kill this year, the less will have to be killed next year. They all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers.- w.t. SHErMAN
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: WiF:FE Manual

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Missouri Rebel

Please excuse my correct lack of terminology(?)regarding computer jargon but; Is there a HTML(?) manual around that hyperlinks(?) the Table of Contents and any rules references? Just anything that might help a noob become familiar with the mechanics other than a Word Document. I am trying to get through these but, have to admit the rulebook is cumbersome and lacking in examples.

Thanks again,
Mo Reb

In my weekly status report to Matrix tomorrow, I'll ask how they feel about making Rules as Coded available as a PDF. No promises![:-]

In the meantime, I recommend the tutorial threads - as my best attempt at creating an introduction for new WIF players (and for those who need to dust off brain cells).
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Missouri Rebel

Post by Missouri Rebel »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Thanks again,
Mo Reb

In my weekly status report to Matrix tomorrow, I'll ask how they feel about making Rules as Coded available as a PDF. No promises![:-]

In the meantime, I recommend the tutorial threads - as my best attempt at creating an introduction for new WIF players (and for those who need to dust off brain cells).

That sounds really good. Oh man, I hope you can convince then to do so.

I have in fact read through the tutorials and appreciate the effort to put us noobs in the fold. They are both well done and informative. I was just about to go through them again so I can etch it into this thick skull.

Mr. OKeets, I am very confident that you will be delivering a stellar product and wanted to voice an often stated opinion in that you,Sir, have exceeded any expectations throughout this development. Kudos.

mo reb
We must act... against the Sioux, even to the extermination of men, WOMEN and CHILDREN.The more Indians we can kill this year, the less will have to be killed next year. They all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers.- w.t. SHErMAN
micheljq

Post by micheljq »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Thanks again,
Mo Reb

HTML is great because of the hyperlinks, you don't have these in PDFs. Just my personal opinion.

[&o]
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
Anendrue

Post by Anendrue »

Can you check on the ok to do a wiki and/or fan site with RAC, RAW, and information from thses forums while your at it?
Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: abj9562

Can you check on the ok to do a wiki and/or fan site with RAC, RAW, and information from thses forums while your at it?
I'll check.
Steve

SamuraiProgrmmr

Post by SamuraiProgrmmr »

Actually PDFs can be made with hyperlinks.

Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?
Missouri Rebel

Post by Missouri Rebel »

Any word on whether or not this might happen? I could really understand Matrix not allowing it if this were a brand new system but, seeing as the rules are openly available my hopes are high.

mo reb
Shannon V. OKeets

Any word on whether or not this might happen? I could really understand Matrix not allowing it if this were a brand new system but, seeing as the rules are openly available my hopes are high.

mo reb
I mention it in my weekly reports, but so far I have not gotten a response yay or nay.
Steve

Return to “World in Flames”