Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SM: Runtime error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Conquest of the Aegean Support >> SM: Runtime error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SM: Runtime error - 4/10/2009 12:15:10 AM   
GoodGuy

I'm getting a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library -> Runtime error" everytime i try to export a force list (from one of the stock scenarios), with the SM window freezing after the error message. The SM should be able to export let's say a division properly (to a xml-file), no?

SM Version 3.4.151 <- this is the latest patch, right? I just reinstalled COTA on a brandnew custom rig, and I can't remember if that's the latest patch or not.

Any help appreciated.

< Message edited by GoodGuy -- 4/10/2009 1:09:47 AM >

"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
Post #: 1
RE: SM: Runtime error - 4/10/2009 1:24:43 AM   
Arjuna

Are you running on a Vista machine?

If so, please check your Windows\System32 directory and advise what msxml#.dll files you have installed? ( Where # is a number, either 3, 4 or 6 )

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 2
RE: SM: Runtime error - 4/10/2009 1:44:27 AM   
Arjuna

What we have found is that with Vista they install msxml3 and msxml6. COTA uses msxml4. If this is the case on your machine, then you need to go to the Microsoft website and download the msxml4 drivers. Try here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42

You should update your system after installing this as there is at least one other later security update for msxml4 that I can recall.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: SM: Runtime error - 4/10/2009 1:45:43 AM   
Arjuna

FYI we are reverting to msxml3 for BFTB. We do not need any of the features of v4 or v6 and v3 is common on all Windows operating systems.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
RE: SM: Runtime error - 4/10/2009 2:42:09 AM   
GoodGuy

First off, thank you for your quick reply.

I do have Win XP Pro with SP 3, though. There is msxlm2.dll and msxml3 on my system, but not 4.

I wonder now, does this mean I'd never be able to export force lists on a XP/Vista machine, unless i'd get that update? Did noone else (of the customers) try/ask this before? If you ever update COTA (be it estabs, or mission packs) you might want to add this info to cota's README file.

"Aw Nuts"
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 5
RE: SM: Runtime error - 4/10/2009 3:17:14 AM   
GoodGuy

Works like a charm now, thank you !

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 6
RE: SM: Runtime error - 4/10/2009 8:44:06 AM   
Arjuna

IIRC msxml4 should have been installed with the latest patch if you didn't have it. But I would need to confirm that.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 7
RE: SM: Runtime error - 4/10/2009 6:03:07 PM   
GoodGuy

Version 3.4.151 ... is that the latest patch? If so, it doesn't look like msxml4 got installed during the patch process. I can't imagine that another application would remove msxml4 during its deinstallation. This machine holds a fresh install of Win XP, but I recently uninstalled 4 or 5 apps, so I can't totally rule out this possibility.

"Aw Nuts"
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 8
RE: SM: Runtime error - 4/11/2009 12:08:22 AM   
Arjuna

Well I have been confounded at the way msxml services seem to change with various windows updates and other applicationso. So anything is possible. That's one reason why we have opted to use msxml3 for BFTB. It's the only one guaranteed to be there across all OSs.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to GoodGuy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Conquest of the Aegean Support >> SM: Runtime error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI