Hi all, I'm planning to try the beta patches, so I've done my best to collate the various changes and fixes into a single list (see below). I'd be very grateful if people could check the list, to make sure I've not missed anything. And I do have a few questions:
- Is it necessary to install each patch, one after another, or are all changes incorporated into the latest patch each time?
- How stable are the beta patches? I've read elsewhere in the forum of some beta patches causing problems.
- Does the latest beta patch (1.35) incorporate the AI aggressivness fix discussed elsewhere? Or is it necessary to install that too?
- When is the next official public patch release likely to be?
Okay, here's the change list:
- New: Serbia, Romania, Belgium and Bulgaria are now allowed to build artillery.
- New: Increased chance of withdrawal from a hex slightly.
- New: More options for transfers allowed such as France now able to transfer food and material to Britain.
- New: Limited stacking in Alps.
- New: Tried to make "Return to Port" naval mission smoother.
- New: Withdrawals from a hex are now allowed even when that hex is attacked.
- Fixed: Removed the ability to invade New York and Halifax.
- Fixed: “access violation” causing crashes.
- Fixed: Cruiser search capability.
- Fixed: Error sending an order to Return to Base when there’s no naval assets left.
- Fixed: Now should not be able to use amphibious movement in a contested sea zone (Shipping is allowed).
- Fixed: Late game builds not always showing up.
- Fixed: UBs on unrestricted warfare were not finding shipping (they were, but.. is the short answer).
- Fixed: Can't move supplies to Russia through the Black Sea because Constantinople remained under CP control.
- Fixed: Brits were able to select the ports of conquered nations like France to amphib to.
- Fixed: Ships shouldn't leave Constantinople for the Eastern Med and be intercepted in the Black Sea.
- Fixed: Rail movement issues. Fixed a small bug but may have made this even more complex as now when you click on a British unit in France (for example) you will see French rail capacity, not British.
- Fixed: Problem of units sometimes showing up in bizarre locations when the city they were supposed to enter at was unavailable.
- Fixed: Russians should be able to sail out of the Black Sea once the Turks are defeated.
- Fixed: Italian forts being zeroed when Italy enters the war.
- Fixed: Error with screen resolution selection.
- New: Reduced the length of time isolated units and HQs can hold out.
- New: Artillery alone in a hex when attacked is now destroyed instead of auto-retreating.
- New: Activated units now move before cavalry units which prevents cavalry attacking an enemy stack on the offensive in order to freeze it in place.
- New: Removed ability of CP naval units to move past Gibraltar.
- New: Countries can no longer transfer food and RMs to Britain without using naval transport. All transfers over water now require naval units on shipping missions in that water. The naval orders display now updates these requirements. So for example if on the nat'l status screen you decide to transfer 10 RMs to Britain from France the naval orders screen will tell you you need 5 transport ships on a shipping mission in the Atlantic, on top of other requirements.
- Fixed: Removed seeing movement arrows in enemy rear areas.
- Fixed: Italy surrenders and French units entered the country a turn later.
- Fixed: Negative effects of TE attacking Belgium/Holland/Lux.
- Fixed: Need to enter password twice in PBEM games.
- New: Upgraded the AI to make it more active, less "stand pat".
- New: Upgraded AI to make it a bit "smarter" tactically
- New: Upgraded CP AI so as to produce a greater chance of the CP AI not following an "east first" strategy.
- New: Increased possibility of other neutrals being outraged by attacks on Belgium and Holland.
- New: Allowed neutrals to be concerned by more than 1 invasion of a neutral per turn.
- New: Increased size of naval groupings. Affects battles and searches.
- New: Completely rewrote transfers of RMs, food and Industry points between countries. There are now overland and overseas transfers, the overseas requiring a port which is a national port if available or an allied one. It should now be possible as an example, to transfer food from Britain to Russia by using shipping in the Atlantic, West Med and East Med to the Greek port of Salonika and then overland through a conquered Bulgaria and an allied Romania to Odessa. I still have some tweaks to do on this but it should be pretty close. One thing that is not done at this time is the limits on transfers caused by the value of the route and another is allied minor country resources are not available.
- New: Added a small piece of text to the display of hex data, to the right of the trench strength will now display somehting like "F:1 R:0 I:0" as you pass the mouse over. Its the actual amount of food, raw material and industry in a hex which should clear up concerns where more than one is in a hex but that isn't displayed by the icon.
- Fixed: An isolated city problem. The case mentioned here being a surrounded Posen.
- Fixed: A 1 impulse delay on British units amphibbing to France before they could use rail movement in France.
- Fixed: The fact the the TE player wasn't getting the "sunk" message for his own ships.
- Fixed: New York overstacking problem.
- Fixed: Terrain value of hexes 31,41 and 32,41.
- Fixed: Naval transport icon.
- New: Changed loss of production rule when the nation's capital is lost. What happens now is a steep decline in industrial production which can slowly recover when the capital is regained.
- New: Lowered the ability of an invasion of a port to occur when there's a fleet based there.
- New: Lowered the capacity and increased the rail costs of transfers between nations.
- New: Decreased the combat strength of US corps by 4.
- New: Widened the 1024 by 768 screen by 20 pixels.
- New: Added a rule where rail capacity begins to be lost for most nations when their overall morale falls to below a cut off point.
- New: Made a slight increase to the defensive strength of all trenches except Russian ones.
- New: Increased the strength of Russian artillery by one when R&D rises.
- New: Prevented first turn transfers from Britain.
- Fixed: Changed hex 45,38 from "sea" to "open".
- Fixed: Checked the loss of the Dutch food hex but it was working as designed.
- Fixed: A bug in the supply of contested hexes.
- New: Delayed US entry by 3 turns.
- New: Added two Austrian corps that arrive in 1915.
- New: Increased French and Austrian rail capacity slightly.
- New: Changed overland transfer rail cost to 2 from 3.
- New: Spread around some German industry so that now there's 2 industry at Breslau and 1 at Posen.
- New: Added two German raw material hexes in Silesia, removed 1 Austrian RM hex and 1 Romanian.
- New: If Britain surrenders Egypt goes to the Ottomans.
- Fixed: A transfer bug.
- Fixed: An AI bug.
- Fixed: Diplomatic screen bug.
- Fixed: Ottoman production bug
- Fixed: US corps strength in 1915, 1916 and 1917 scenarios.
- Fixed: Changed hexes 33,12, 33,13 and 32,13 to "marsh" from forest (lake country).
- New: News Form has a border like the Overall Map.
- New: Exe now uses Icons present in the graphics directory.
- Fixed: Victory Points Form no longer abbreviates country name and conquered.
- Fixed: German ships not always using the Kiel Canal when returning from the Baltic.