Any news on patch for PCK or its successor?

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
jamespcrowley

Any news on patch for PCK or its successor?

Post by jamespcrowley »

?
Cheers

Jim
Erik Rutins

RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor?

Post by Erik Rutins »

Still working on the update, currently aiming for final testing at the end of March. The next game in the series is in the works, but still quite a long ways off.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Still working on the update, currently aiming for final testing at the end of March. The next game in the series is in the works, but still quite a long ways off.

IE once you make more content Koios can release it as a new game.
Im sorry I like the game, especially the open format, but its always seemed half assed. I hope this is one heck of a patch to warrant the wait.
Dont get me wrong I like matrixgames, and I love their DRM scheme and buy as many titles as possible. Im just not feeling the love for Koios. They just seem lazy to me, relying on user made content to fuel the series.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

One man's laziness is another man's leveraging the community.
FNG

Post by FNG »

So... it's now April...

FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Glad you noticed.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
FNG

Post by FNG »

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

Glad you noticed.

Good Hunting.

MR

Uh huh - I'm good at dates and months and stuff :)

Back on topic, I have always found Matrix (particularly Erik) very good at communicating with us, the customers and community. It is frustrating at the moment that we get no hard facts about the update, the next game, etc.

Without making a big deal out of it, I guess I am adding my 'me too' to those enquiring voices who would like some more information.

Have a good one,
FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I am working on it, will do more work on it today in fact. Since this is intended to be the final update for PCK, which is essentially a stable and solid release, we're taking our time with it. It has definitely taken longer than planned though, but it is definitely in the works and progress has increased significantly in the last month.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Great news - thanks Erik :)
FNG
kam99

Post by kam99 »

I am really looking forward to the patch to rekindle my interest in the game. I am logging in daily hoping for its release. An update would be greatly appreciated Erik.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Sorry, don't know if this is asked Erik, but have the damage models been fixed whereby when loading a saved game, all the tanks look fine? Really there should be smoke billowing from them even on a reload.

Always annoyed me that one and in my last foray to reload and play this game, I loaded it, played some...when I went to load the save, same thing and I thought "oh well" and moved on.

Kind of an immersion breaker for me, not to mention pretty difficult to identify real units from dead ones.
Alba gu' brath
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

ORIGINAL: kam99

I am really looking forward to the patch to rekindle my interest in the game. I am logging in daily hoping for its release. An update would be greatly appreciated Erik.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Any news?
I support the right to arm bears!
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Actually, you can scrub my last...there is the "icon" shortcut key to allow you to identify live units. It would've been nice to see the smoke billowing from dead units, but hey ho.
Alba gu' brath
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Sorry guys, we are working on it, it's just been a complex one to finish and assemble. I'm waiting on a few more code fixes, hope to go public beta with it sometime in May and official release in June, that's my best guess now. This is really quite a final update, in addition to what you might normally expect from an incremental post-release update, the content and features created by folks like Stridor, Mobius, Rick, Benpark and others for this are really incredible and I think all PCK owners will be quite happy with it once it's finally ready!
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Erik:
Can you share with us what will be included in the update?

I support the right to arm bears!
FNG

Post by FNG »

Sooooo... public beta in May? [:)]
FNG
JMass

Post by JMass »

It is sad to have no news on the patch, its content and on the next title...

[&:][:(]
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Sorry guys, we are working on a few last fixes, otherwise it is pretty much ready for public beta. One of my last tasks is to put together the final change list, as soon as I have that nicely organized I'll post it here as well.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Hi Erik, thanks for the update - I have been playing a lot of PCK recently as I discovered it runs really well on my work laptop... PCK has seen Moscow, Copenhagen, Zurich, etc. :)

Looking forward to the release!
FNG
Stridor

Post by Stridor »

I should add the upcoming patch adds a relatively huge amount of new stuff and improvements, which is part of the reason it is taking some time, but it is getting closer to release.

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”