Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/20/2009 8:28:09 PM   
FNG

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the update - I'm guessing this is one of many issues on your plate :)

FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 61
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/20/2009 9:37:34 PM   
Mobius

Stay tuned. Eventually it will come out. In the mean time the delay lets some of us slowly add new content.
Scene from new Ponyri Station map and scenario.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FNG)
Post #: 62
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/20/2009 9:53:51 PM   
JMass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 63
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/20/2009 9:58:22 PM   
killroyishere

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

Stay tuned. Eventually it will come out. In the mean time the delay lets some of us slowly add new content.

Mobius that is so awesome. Can you please tell me how to easily modify my game to include new maps and scenarios? I am a total DA when it comes to doing things other than click this and it works. Anyway you could send me a file through email and all I have to do is put it in a folder??

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 64
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/21/2009 12:09:59 AM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: killroyishere
Mobius that is so awesome. Can you please tell me how to easily modify my game to include new maps and scenarios? I am a total DA when it comes to doing things other than click this and it works. Anyway you could send me a file through email and all I have to do is put it in a folder??

To add the new map and content would be easy. You would copy the new models into the Mods subfolder of Media. Then copy the new map folder into Media and new scenario to data.

I'm still working on some details of this map. And this is the third redo of the station building. My first try was one that looked like the grand station in COD but that was completely wrong. The next try was smaller and more Russian looking. Then I came across the picture of the actual station. Which as you can see was a quite unimpressive building.

(in reply to killroyishere)
Post #: 65
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/23/2009 2:38:09 PM   
kam99

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Still working on the update, currently aiming for final testing at the end of March. The next game in the series is in the works, but still quite a long ways off.

Erik, I realise it is a large project, but are we likely to see the update before the end of this year?

Post #: 66
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/26/2009 4:35:02 AM   
Das123

It would be good to get a rough estimate on timing (I know that this is very difficult to give as programs tend to raise their own issues when one issue is fixed). The IE8 issue is a killer for me.

(in reply to kam99)
Post #: 67
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/26/2009 4:41:56 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Das123

It would be good to get a rough estimate on timing (I know that this is very difficult to give as programs tend to raise their own issues when one issue is fixed). The IE8 issue is a killer for me.

Das,
I think there was a fix posted in one of the threads for the ie8 problem.

Rick

(in reply to Das123)
Post #: 68
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/26/2009 5:35:58 AM   
spellir74

Stridor's IE8 hotfix:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2220232

--------
(tech support forum sticky)

(in reply to Das123)
Post #: 69
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/26/2009 7:26:26 AM   
Mobius

This is taking a long time isn't it?

Though its not all wasted time as I can add a new building or structure in a couple of days while a tank will take about 2 weeks. (Buildings don't have to be that exact.)

And adding structures for the map is almost like building a model RR.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to spellir74)
Post #: 70
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/26/2009 3:43:11 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

I'm cool to the delay so long as you guys keep packing in the content. 

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 71
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/27/2009 6:04:41 AM   
gijas

Looking forward ot the new patch also but can wait for the release - heck Im waiting for a lot of things these days including, Heroes of Stalingrad by TW, Armada, War in the East, Sniper Elite 2 (just dreaming but heres for hoping) Just tryed the hotfix for IE8 and got my BG, CG working! Funny thing is it has never worked since buying PCK and I had IE8 installed. Been away from the forums a long awhile - now I know I should check them more often for updates! Anyway, Mobius, is this Ponyri Station map and scenario you show avaliable since I just checked my PCK maps and found a version of it already in there so is this a totally new map or just an updated version of Ponyri Station? By the way, just played the my version as the Germans and man, its intense! Only captured two flags and Im on turn 16. I have incoming Rus tank ref. and arty. Lost half my men as well. Not looking like a victory but Im enjoying it.

< Message edited by gijas -- 10/27/2009 6:09:07 AM >

"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 72
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/27/2009 6:59:06 AM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: gijas
Anyway, Mobius, is this Ponyri Station map and scenario you show avaliable since I just checked my PCK maps and found a version of it already in there so is this a totally new map or just an updated version of Ponyri Station? By the way, just played the my version as the Germans and man, its intense! Only captured two flags and Im on turn 16. I have incoming Rus tank ref. and arty. Lost half my men as well. Not looking like a victory but Im enjoying it.

This is a new map. I don't think I released any of the new maps yet. Though I think I made the map about a year ago but only uploaded to development team. (Though I could be wrong. ) But I know I just added the new RR stuff this last couple months so the first go didn't have new structures.

I just finished the last new building for it tonight. So it is done. Just have to play the scenario on last time to see if its OK.

< Message edited by Mobius -- 10/27/2009 7:04:13 AM >

(in reply to gijas)
Post #: 73
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/28/2009 2:22:16 AM   
gijas

Thanks for the update, Mobius. Can't wait to play this new one. And the map I have of Ponyri I believe I downloaded in Feb of 2008? To be honest, I think its one of the better maps I've played on PCK. Thanks.

"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 74
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 10/31/2009 6:08:48 AM   
killroyishere

I'm fine with the wait also since I got the Ie8 fix. Looking forward to new maps and stuff too.

(in reply to gijas)
Post #: 75
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 11/2/2009 5:45:20 PM   
Blond_Knight

Let me be very clear here Koios, your never getting a penny of my money again.
Creating your game editor(s) out of Internet Explorer files and the future support issues it creates was beyond stupid.
Matrix whats wrong with you?  Are you at the mercy of a developer sitting on your hands?  You surely have something to cover this in your contract with them.  Light a fire under their arse and get it done.

Post #: 76
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 11/2/2009 8:33:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

Blond Knight,

Koios is in fact no longer in business, their employees went their separate ways shortly after PCK's release and now work in various other companies. We at Matrix are working on the update together with community volunteers and a new developer who will be continuing the series. If your issue is that you updated to IE8 and the external tools no longer work, then the fix for that has already been posted here and you do not have to wait for the next update for that.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2220232

This coming update is effectively a labor of love for a game that (apart from the IE8 fix above) does not really require any fixing. We released PCK in good shape and updated it quickly to 1.01, which addressed all the significant known issues at that time (before IE8 showed up). The next official update will contain a vast amount of new content as well as some additional fixes for various minor bugs that were noticed since the 1.01 official update.

This upcoming update is very much a "community update" with many community volunteers putting in many hours to improve both the tools (and create a new Map Maker) as well as scenarios, campaigns, and new units. I consider it a privilege to work with these folks and I believe the wait will be worth it and the future of the series much better thanks to their involvement.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 11/2/2009 8:34:42 PM >

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 77
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 11/2/2009 9:09:50 PM   
Bison36

Well I for one find that Koios going under is disappointing news. They developed some very fun titles that remain on my hard drive. PCWS, PCK and TSJC.

Looking forward to the update and the new content that comes with it.

Post #: 78
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 11/2/2009 9:47:53 PM   
Blond_Knight

Sorry Erik I wasnt aware of that.
In the future please refrain from countering my tantrums with relevant facts.

< Message edited by Blond_Knight -- 11/2/2009 9:48:37 PM >

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 79
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 11/3/2009 3:29:30 AM   
redwolf

I didn't know either, Erik.

I think that sheds a new light on everything. Sorry for nagging, in fact applause seems to be more appropriate.

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 80
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 11/3/2009 6:52:01 AM   
Das123

I'm another one who wasn't aware of that situation. I was wondering why Eric so 'hands-on' involved with this particular project. Well done. :D

(in reply to redwolf)
Post #: 81
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 11/9/2009 6:21:18 PM   
JMass

I'm sorry but I did not know that the situation was so serious, I hope the best for the future...

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

(in reply to Das123)
Post #: 82
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 11/9/2009 7:19:28 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMass

I'm sorry but I did not know that the situation was so serious, I hope the best for the future...

the patch is still being worked on, besides content, a developer is working on the code to try and fix some of the minor bugs. naturally, it takes a bit longer when someone new to the code is having to do the fixes. But I think there have been several test patches and the work is actively being done.

Rick

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 83
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 12/19/2009 12:49:47 AM   
killroyishere

This is beginning to run into the worrying about vaporware syndrome. It's been a long time now and Dec is almost over now. Though I'm no so much worried about the patch as in the continuation of the series. Are we really going to get a Western Theater game? Brings back memories of Combat Leader now.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 84
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 12/28/2009 10:57:44 PM   
gijas

Im just glad I got the fix for the mission and campaign editor. Now I can move on finally but I do hope there is a patch in the future for PCK. It's a great game and series as it reminds me so much of CM BOB.

- Adolf Hitler

Post #: 85
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 12/29/2009 1:43:42 AM   
Rick

I hesitate to sound toooooo optimistic, BUT over last couple of weeks there has been a lot (and I mean a LOT) of activity on the patch.

Rick

(in reply to gijas)
Post #: 86
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 12/29/2009 2:01:36 AM   
Mobius

There were 'put more men on the job.'

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 87
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 1/16/2010 4:56:43 PM   
killroyishere

It's sad when I have to resort to playing a silly game like Spore waiting on the patch and new content for this one.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 88
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 1/16/2010 5:16:00 PM   
junk2drive

It's sad that we get to play with all the new stuff while you play Spore. 

Post #: 89
RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? - 1/16/2010 10:47:49 PM   
FNG

I am seriously enjoying Field of Glory right now, but it would be nice to see PC:K move onward and upward... OT, but if you like ancient/mediaeval tabletop translated to PC, give FoG a look. I have even been designing scenarios, something that I never expected to find myself doing.

But anyway, more PC:K stuff soon!

Cheers,

FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> RE: Any news on patch for PCK or its successor? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI