Wish List thread

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Gil R.

Wish List thread

Post by Gil R. »

As those who own the original "Crown of Glory" and/or "Forge of Freedom" know, we welcome input on how to improve our games, and often incorporate the best ideas we receive into features patches. Please use this thread to post suggestions, from minor to major. We of course cannot promise that we will act on them all, but we will consider each one.

To keep this thread from becoming too long and unwieldy, please only post suggestions that you are positive are not already in the game, and please try not to engage in lengthy discussions about the merits of ideas. If you wish to discuss a suggestion someone else made, it would be best to start a thread for that discussion, and provide a link to it here.

Thanks!
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Johnus

RE: Wish List thread

Post by Johnus »

Would like to see instant battle result upon resolution rather than waiting for events list at end of turn. I belive FOF shows results instantaneously.
augustus

Post by augustus »

mouse wheel should zoom in/out without having to hold down Ctrl key. A small thing, but I keep using the week and only scrolling up and down.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Ability to cancel orders please! Sometimes you just click on the wrong button and it ruins the whole turn! [:(]
CeltiCid

Post by CeltiCid »

When your naval forces shows you the option to intercept an enemy naval force, will be very helpfull know WHERE and WHO are on the intercept, not just the name of the forces and the provinces. An IMAGE worth more that 1000 words ;)
CeltiCid

Post by CeltiCid »

GDROBER wrote on his AAR: "At the end of a naval battle, why does the after action report only tell you the personnel casualties in a naval battle, when the number of ships captured and destroyed is so much more important???"
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Naval rally!
tgb

Post by tgb »

A minor point, but can diplomats get some kind of sea transportation? It just irks me to begin a turn with one standing ina sea zone. I know it's an abstraction and all, but it just seems silly.
henri51

Post by henri51 »

Add a tutorial where you actually move the pieces around. The oral tutorial is a good idea, but is too passive and too fast to be enough. I am using the tutorial from the previous game.

Also put in the strategy guide from the manual of the previous game. Although I have played the previous game years ago (or was it last year?), I am at a loss of what to do, and newbies will be absolutely brain-locked.

Henri
terje439

Post by terje439 »

After a surrender, you are asked were to withdraw your forces...
Would be nice if the map centered around the available provinces, as I do not recall which province is which all the time.
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

An option to use windowed mode.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

I would apreciate the ability to ask for any resource not just money in a surrender treaty. (something like Turkey pays 30 textiles to France etc)

RedArgo

Post by RedArgo »

Option to set up tactical land and naval battles independent of the strategic part of the game.

Bill
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Under the "provinces" tag, it would be nice if a symbol was added for core provinces to easier see if I need lvl 5 or 7 courts in the province.

bssybeep

Post by bssybeep »

Reposted:
Studying the manual and learning the game. So far I'm enjoying myself. Some things I'd like to see:
1.When I'm in a province and have the option to purchase units, once I click on a unit it would be nice to have a confirmation box to confirm I really want to purchase that unit (or not).
2.Ability to load a save from within the game as opposed to having to exit to the main menu.

thanks
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

We really need the option to cancel a production order. REALLY.
regards,

Briny
neil123

Post by neil123 »

2.Ability to load a save from within the game as opposed to having to exit to the main menu.

thanks

Hi

You can load a save game direct from "within" a current game session be either

1) Press ESC key and chose "Open" from the menu

or

2) Press the "Game" button in lower left of screen gets you the same menu as pressing ESC.

Cheers

Neil
PDiFolco

Post by PDiFolco »

"Intermediate Economy" with features amongst those :
- Sliders for tax and welfare activated (I miss them in Simplified mode), but no other goods
- Goods in, but with nation-based trade (I hate the mm of provincial trade...),
- Money-based trade system instead of the current bartering (my 5 wine for your 4 furs... eck this is no Lord of the Realm ![:D]).

PDF
CeltiCid

Post by CeltiCid »

When attacking sieges dosent work for any reason, there should show a message about their failure, so the player KNOW his force failed to damage the castle.
WallysWorld

Post by WallysWorld »

ORIGINAL: augustus
mouse wheel should zoom in/out without having to hold down Ctrl key. A small thing, but I keep using the week and only scrolling up and down.

This wish is the one that I really wish was in the game. Just want to second it!

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”