Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 4:14:54 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hey everyone, just a heads up that we are planning to release Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition tomorrow via digital download, with physical options added to the store next week. This has been a highly anticipated release and one that we feel has come together exceptionally well.

For a few sneak peeks at what's coming, have a look at the Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition forum here, where there are links to the developer's notes, an interview with Armchair General Magazine and even some sample video tutorials.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=630

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 4:53:02 AM   
Dreadnaught

Awe yeah! Just in time for my girlfriend to be away for the weekend!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 4:55:09 AM   
Gil R.

And if she's in town next weekend, just change your locks!

(in reply to Dreadnaught)
Post #: 3
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 10:30:05 AM   
Son_of_Montfort

Thanks Gil and Erik! Great news! Time to go share it!

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 4
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 1:47:07 PM   
Lützow

Someone should post first impressions by tomorrow, please.

I'm going to wait for physical release as I like to have something on my shelf, along with a printed manual.

(in reply to Son_of_Montfort)
Post #: 5
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 7:30:36 PM   
apathetic lurker

So i take it I can buy the physical+digital but the physical will not start shipping till late next week? Or will physical copy choices NOT be available at all until nerxt week?

EDIT: Never mind..I just found out.. This seems to be a bit, shall we say..'ludicrous"
I see no reason not to offer the physical/digital option together but with the caveat that the physical will not be coming for a short while. Really bad for those of us who demand a box and impulse shop

< Message edited by apathetic lurker -- 2/27/2009 7:34:58 PM >

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 6
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 7:32:52 PM   
Gil R.

apathetic lurker,
Surely your apathy doesn't extend to looking for the thread pinned to the top of the COG:EE forum in which this is discussed!

(in reply to apathetic lurker)
Post #: 7
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 7:48:53 PM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker

So i take it I can buy the physical+digital but the physical will not start shipping till late next week? Or will physical copy choices NOT be available at all until nerxt week?

EDIT: Never mind..I just found out.. This seems to be a bit, shall we say..'ludicrous"
I see no reason not to offer the physical/digital option together but with the caveat that the physical will not be coming for a short while. Really bad for those of us who demand a box and impulse shop

According to Matrix, the reason is quite simple...Digital River do not have the "online shop" facility to manage such a system.

I'm with you, but at the same time, being as the facility isn't there, I wouldn't want to hold up digital downloaders purchase just because the shop cannot cater for my requirements.

Not alot we can do about it...I'm having to wait with you, so you're not alone

Post #: 8
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 7:52:10 PM   
Roger Neilson II

Sadly although I have the original I did not reinstall it when I moved my computer. It was registered to me but the other week when I checked my registration of games few if any were listed. Ok, I emailed tech support to ask what was up and have had no response. I therefore am stuck.

A pity but I'm not going to rebuy a game to then buy the add on.

Roger

Post #: 9
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 7:52:38 PM   
Erik Rutins

We took a quick poll on the forum over the last week to see whether folks wanted us to hold the online release (as we normally would) until the physical options were also ready in the store. Our goal with the early online release was to raise attention for COG:EE before ETW hit and in order to do that, we had to go with the staggered release.

We had an overwhelming response to go ahead with the online only release first. The Physical + Digital (which is also my preferred version) will be available next week and at that point once you order that you can download right away while the physical boxed copy is on order.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 10
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 7:54:01 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson II
Sadly although I have the original I did not reinstall it when I moved my computer. It was registered to me but the other week when I checked my registration of games few if any were listed. Ok, I emailed tech support to ask what was up and have had no response. I therefore am stuck.
A pity but I'm not going to rebuy a game to then buy the add on.

First, you don't need COG to play the Emperor's Edition. This is a bonafide stand-alone sequel, not an expansion. Second, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your full contact info and I'll find your COG registration for you so that you can get the $10 discount coupon for being an owner of the original COG.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 11
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 8:04:38 PM   
Roger Neilson II

email sent

Roger

Post #: 12
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 9:43:21 PM   
Erik Rutins

Serial number sent!

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 13
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 9:45:55 PM   
apathetic lurker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

apathetic lurker,
Surely your apathy doesn't extend to looking for the thread pinned to the top of the COG:EE forum in which this is discussed!

My apathy knows no bounds!!!!

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 14
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 9:50:45 PM   
apathetic lurker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

We took a quick poll on the forum over the last week to see whether folks wanted us to hold the online release (as we normally would) until the physical options were also ready in the store. Our goal with the early online release was to raise attention for COG:EE before ETW hit and in order to do that, we had to go with the staggered release.

We had an overwhelming response to go ahead with the online only release first. The Physical + Digital (which is also my preferred version) will be available next week and at that point once you order that you can download right away while the physical boxed copy is on order.

Regards,

- Erik

Yes, but that totally defeats the whole reason of my existance, namely impulse buying wargames over the internet!lol

Hopefully someday you can get a system going that allows a dl first and a physical copy in the future.

Post #: 15
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 9:55:46 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

quote:

apathetic lurker,

You missed a golden opportunity to add, "And don't call me Shirley!" A chance like that doesn't come along every day, you know.

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 2/27/2009 9:56:12 PM >

Post #: 16
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 10:33:20 PM   
apathetic lurker

quote:

quote:

quote:

apathetic lurker,

You missed a golden opportunity to add, "And don't call me Shirley!" A chance like that doesn't come along every day, you know.

surely you jest!

< Message edited by apathetic lurker -- 2/27/2009 10:34:51 PM >

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 17
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 11:44:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

Yes, but that totally defeats the whole reason of my existance, namely impulse buying wargames over the internet!lol
Hopefully someday you can get a system going that allows a dl first and a physical copy in the future.

Sorry - actually that's the norm for our releases, we went with a de-synchronized release on this one for the reasons above. We'll work as fast as possible to return reason to your existence by adding our physical option next week.

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 18
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/27/2009 11:52:42 PM   
apathetic lurker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

Sorry - actually that's the norm for our releases, we went with a de-synchronized release on this one for the reasons above. We'll work as fast as possible to return reason to your existence by adding our physical option next week.

Yeah, dont forget..you really dont want me keeling over from the stress, do you? Hehehe..

Post #: 19
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/28/2009 12:58:46 AM   
Gil R.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

apathetic lurker,

surely you jest!

Boy, is that tempting. All teed up for me, just waiting for me to type four little words... Ooh, I can't stand it...

Post #: 20
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/28/2009 1:42:55 AM   
apathetic lurker

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

apathetic lurker,

surely you jest!

Boy, is that tempting. All teed up for me, just waiting for me to type four little words... Ooh, I can't stand it...

C'mon you want to....I know you want to...Just once, it wont hurt...c'mon say it....it's not addictive....let yourself go......

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 21
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/28/2009 1:44:39 AM   
apathetic lurker

And now I will be forced to buy two games next week. I hope my nice red blooded Irish wife has a really really good week at work next week

Post #: 22
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 2/28/2009 12:41:35 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow

Someone should post first impressions by tomorrow, please.

I'm going to wait for physical release as I like to have something on my shelf, along with a printed manual.

I got a AAR going of the Path of Nappy Campaign if that will be any help for Impressions

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 23
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 3/1/2009 4:59:42 AM   
Big B

Outstanding Erik! My son and I have been patiently waiting for that one!

More money coming your way

Post #: 24
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 3/2/2009 8:58:50 PM   
madgamer2

So does this mean that if I wait a week I can get the digital and physical versions as per usual? I have seen in the past where a game that will be available both ways be downloaded then the boxed version shipped when available. So on the other hand are you saying that to get both you have to buy both? And is this a new trend in this cash strapped world us retired guys live in today and will it persist? I hope not.

Madgamer

Post #: 25
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 3/2/2009 9:13:11 PM   
madgamer2

OH come now....I have beenan impulse buyer on and off line, ins stores, garage sales and what have you fo al of the years of my life that I can remember. So being one like you we BOTH know its the thrill of buying on the spot that is important.
You will just have to find more outlets to impulse buy like I have.....it may be a sickness but IMPULSE BUY FOREVER!!!!! :-)

Madgamer

Post #: 26
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 3/2/2009 9:35:35 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: madgamer
So does this mean that if I wait a week I can get the digital and physical versions as per usual? I have seen in the past where a game that will be available both ways be downloaded then the boxed version shipped when available. So on the other hand are you saying that to get both you have to buy both? And is this a new trend in this cash strapped world us retired guys live in today and will it persist? I hope not.

I'm not sure I entirely understand the question. The physical versions will show up in the store later this week. If you want a physical version, wait until then. The options will be the same as always, just that the download only version showed up first because the physical versions for the store hadn't gone through QA yet.

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 27
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 3/2/2009 10:06:41 PM   
JudgeDredd

madgamer

Matrix Games are not making you buy the physical version AND the digital version.

Recent releases of the past few months saw games released as digital download only or digital download AND physical copy at the same time. They decided to push to release the digital version as soon as it was ready to get the word out, that's all. The game was not rushed to be released, it was simply the production phase they worked over time on.

The physical and digital option will show in the online store this week (I think Erik stated the 4th March). That means you can purchase your digital AND physical copy (for the usual price increase of having a digital copy), download it right away and start playing whilst you wait for your physical copy to arrive.

Everyone's a happy gamer!

Can't wait myself!

Post #: 28
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 3/2/2009 11:13:19 PM   
madgamer2

please excuse the excess stupidity on my part. In the past when the physical edition was not available you could still pay for both and the physical would be shipped when it was available. Its just they only offer the digital download and say nothing about the physical edition or make no offer to pay for both.
I just got the idea that I would have to pay for both for some reason like a change of policy. I am sorry for causing you all this trouble so I will just wait till next week and order them both like always if that is still the way it will be done

Madgamer (still dense after all these years)

Post #: 29
RE: Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! - 3/3/2009 1:05:47 AM   
apathetic lurker

quote:

ORIGINAL: madgamer

please excuse the excess stupidity on my part. In the past when the physical edition was not available you could still pay for both and the physical would be shipped when it was available. Its just they only offer the digital download and say nothing about the physical edition or make no offer to pay for both.
I just got the idea that I would have to pay for both for some reason like a change of policy. I am sorry for causing you all this trouble so I will just wait till next week and order them both like always if that is still the way it will be done

Madgamer (still dense after all these years)

Dont feel bad..I'm an impulse buyer.... My wife already said we are going to the mall Wednesday...I KNOW what will happen...I will buy ETW and some sport game....hopefully my money lasts till CoG comes out the way I want to pay......

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition Goes Gold! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI