quote:Yes HI is produced daily - transporting is part of the game and the war. Get WitpTracker or Decoder these will help you...
Starting my first campaign (PBEM) as Japan.
I did alot of research and planning on industry and I think I have a pretty good handle on it, but there are a couple specific questions.
1) Is HI produced daily?? ...and thus would consume the necessary Oil and Resources Daily. Mechanically, this makes sense, but after looking at the volume of resources I need to transport, this seems like alot of transporting to the home islands.
quote:The priority is based on the slot number of the ship in the DB - it starts from the Top and works down - once again Tracker can help you here
2) What happens when I'm short on Naval/Merchant Points, probably no delay reduction, but if so...which ships get priority??
quote:Depends on the makeup of the LCU - I could give you my figures for each type (as there are multipliers for different things) but I don't to look at my code right now ... once again Tracker can tell you this.
3) Maybe I've missed it, but how do I tell how much Armament/MP will a LCU consume when it's deployed??
quote:Well two sides to the debate here, AFB think Japan is too strong and vice-versa. There was some work done by Apollo and others about this in the Must Read Threads. But you must understand that low exp pilots in all likelihood will not attack a SS, usually the grp exp needs to be above 80, but they may be able to discover a SS.
As I'm reading and could guess, protecting your convoys is of huge importance. But looking at the penalties that Japanese crews suffer as the war progresses, I'm not sure how best to approach my ASW.
1) I want to commit a good portion of planes to ASW patrol. But Im worried that this will not be effective in-game. I was thinking alot of my bombers, while training, could participate and cover key choke points, attacking subs both lingering and passing through. How effective is air based ASW??
quote:Not sure really - Must Read Threads...many strategy options here regarding ASW usage
2) How nullifying are the crew exp penalties for naval ASW?? Does it become pointless to even bother dedicated ASW, or would those ships be better served running convoy escort??
quote:Many ppl do this - I don't in the early stages of the war..
3) I want to use a hub a spoke system so I can concentrate my higher endurance screens on longer convoys. So with that in mind, would I be better served to set up a hub and spoke that avoids highly sub-patrolled choke points??