Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map Editing Problem from someone new

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Map Editing Problem from someone new Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map Editing Problem from someone new - 2/18/2009 4:18:56 AM   
Misconduct

I just bought the game today so not much knowledge on editing at all, however I found a problem editing a simple scenario, I installed the game, updated to the latest patch and database and loaded the Mariana Islands Scenario to edit, well after few attempts which failed, I simply loaded the stock Mariana's scenario then saved it to slot 27 and loaded the game it does nothing.

What am I doing wrong or can I not touch stock scenarios? I did edit a few times and save, but trial and error I loaded the stock and saved it to slot 27 and it even fails to load.
Post #: 1
RE: Map Editing Problem from someone new - 2/18/2009 4:52:07 AM   
TMFoss

I had the same problem when I first tried to play with the editor. You need to save both the data base and the scenario into the same box by opening up the data base editor and saving it, then do the same thing with the scenario editor. Once you do this, then open up the data base from the new scenario. It should work. Check the editor manual- it should be available from the Start-Programs- War in the Pacific Menu. This has all the steps you need to create or modify new scenarios. Good luck.

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 2
RE: Map Editing Problem from someone new - 2/18/2009 4:52:59 AM   
TMFoss

save it into the same slot number- where did I get box?

(in reply to TMFoss)
Post #: 3
RE: Map Editing Problem from someone new - 2/18/2009 3:22:13 PM   
mikeg1218

I'm new to the game myself and am trying my hand at edition.

If you just load and save the scenario it won't work because, as I understand it, there is no data base linked to the new slot and you have to, using the data base editor, load and save a data base to the same new slot number.

I've got to assume, since you jumped into editing on day one, your more up on the mechanics of playing the game then I am but, for what it is worth to anyone else, I kind of backed into editing.

To get the feel of the game basics I played the tutorial using the guide. On completing that plus going a bit past the ending point of the guide I felt that since I was comfortable with the very basics and what was going on in the tutorial it would be the best scenario to use to explore other aspects of the game IE supply, auto convoys, etc. Hence backing into editing.

I'm still on the up side of a very steep learning curve but with some very good guidance with the people on the forums I've found that between being able to more or less ignore the stuff I'd already got a handle on by completing the tutorial and being able to concentrate on the nuances using the editor I'm getting a far better insight into what is going on behind the scenes, so to speak, then I would have trying to edit a scenario where I did not already have an idea what obstacles the game and AI would throw up.

MikeG

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 4
RE: Map Editing Problem from someone new - 2/18/2009 10:00:11 PM   
Misconduct

I agree mike, although I am new and just into my first 2 campaigns, I felt doing a few "what if?" Scenarios. The game has such few scenarios on a smaller scale, I really don't like idea of the grand campaign, actively searching for smaller campaigns that I can work with.

(in reply to mikeg1218)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Map Editing Problem from someone new Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI