Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Parametrer RDS per battle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Parametrer RDS per battle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Parametrer RDS per battle - 2/8/2009 11:13:46 AM   
largo

Hi everybody, (still me )

what is this parameter( in red circle)? and for what is it used? I don't understand this concept well.

Post #: 1
RE: Parametrer RDS per battle - 2/8/2009 2:39:20 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: largo
what is this parameter( in red circle)? and for what is it used?

I'm not a scenario editor or anything but I think maybe it means maximum rounds per battle. And it could be used to prevent turn burn when one combat takes the entire turn to resolve.

(in reply to largo)
Post #: 2
RE: Parametrer RDS per battle - 2/8/2009 2:54:47 PM   
largo

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

what is this parameter( in red circle)? and for what is it used?

I'm not a scenario editor or anything but I think maybe it means maximum rounds per battle. And it could be used to prevent turn burn when one combat takes the entire turn to resolve.

Hi larryfulkerson,

I thought that the number of round per turn = 10
What means the number “99”?

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 3
RE: Parametrer RDS per battle - 2/8/2009 8:39:57 PM   
Telumar

99 is the default value. This means that a round can burn up the entire turn. If you set it at 10 one round can burn up the whole turn unless there's some positive shock bonus for the attacking force, but normally there will be no difference between 10 and 99. Everything lower will be the maximum number of rounds per combat.

(in reply to largo)
Post #: 4
RE: Parametrer RDS per battle - 2/10/2009 7:47:38 PM   
largo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

99 is the default value. This means that a round can burn up the entire turn. If you set it at 10 one round can burn up the whole turn unless there's some positive shock bonus for the attacking force, but normally there will be no difference between 10 and 99. Everything lower will be the maximum number of rounds per combat.

Thanks Telumar for answer !

In the majority of the sénarios, the value is 99.
I do not see well for what can be used this parameter.
Does somebody have an example where this value is different from 99? What can one simulate by changing this value?

"The war is only the simple continuation of the policy by other means"- Carl von Clausewitz -

"La guerre n'est que la simple continuation de la politique par d'autres moyens" - Carl von Clausewitz -

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 5
RE: Parametrer RDS per battle - 2/11/2009 8:22:46 AM   
Erik Nygaard

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

Thanks Telumar for answer !

In the majority of the sénarios, the value is 99.
I do not see well for what can be used this parameter.
Does somebody have an example where this value is different from 99? What can one simulate by changing this value?

In my own scenarios I have used this to limit the number of rounds based on how long each turn is.
6-hour turn gets a lower RDS than a day-turn for instance.
I also test this number in conjunction with the attrition divider to determine how bloody battles should be and the offensive capabilities of the attacking side.

(in reply to largo)
Post #: 6
RE: Parametrer RDS per battle - 2/11/2009 8:36:39 AM   
Silvanski

In large scenarios where lots of battles can/will take place, a lower MRPB setting can reduce the risk of early turn ending before all your planned combats are resolved
I've played some scenarios vs Veers, with an MRPB setting reduced to 3

TOAW Retrofit Dude

(in reply to Erik Nygaard)
Post #: 7
RE: Parametrer RDS per battle - 2/12/2009 7:35:55 PM   
largo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

In large scenarios where lots of battles can/will take place, a lower MRPB setting can reduce the risk of early turn ending before all your planned combats are resolved

If I understand well, that enables you to have less surprise and to better control the unfolding of the engagements.

"The war is only the simple continuation of the policy by other means"- Carl von Clausewitz -

"La guerre n'est que la simple continuation de la politique par d'autres moyens" - Carl von Clausewitz -

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 8
RE: Parametrer RDS per battle - 2/22/2009 4:02:43 PM   
PDiFolco

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

If I understand well, that enables you to have less surprise and to better control the unfolding of the engagements.

Yes, MRPB at 10+ makes for an unpredictable game where one battle launched at turn start can last all turn and burn it all. It may be "realistic" at a small scale (ie 1/2 day, Coy sized battles), but when you play entire East Front or such it's totally ludicrous...
With MRPB at 3 you're sure that whatever happens you'll get 3 impulses (rounds 1,4,7), battles will only burn 3 rounds max.

(in reply to largo)
Post #: 9
RE: Parametrer RDS per battle - 2/22/2009 9:48:41 PM   
largo

Hmmm,I understand better now. Thank you for your explanation

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Parametrer RDS per battle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI