Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshatter:TGS with 5.03b patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshatter:TGS with 5.03b patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshatter:... - 2/4/2009 10:02:52 PM   
milkweg

Score: 0
Well, did a fresh install and installed the 5.03b patch. It's a joke, right? Same menu options problems exist as before. I can't click on except or cancel at the bottom of the screen because the mouse won't quite go down that far. Fix is to use enter and escp instead. Video setting won't stick and goes back to 800x600. Fix is to edit the .cfg file manually and set it to your desired res. I have no mouselook in the cockpit even though that is enabled. TrackIR is not working either and I see no option anywhere to enable it. Is Milo really Derek Smart in disguise? Sorry if you disagree, but my opinion is that Starshatter is poor coding and I want my money back.
Post #: 1
RE: My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshat... - 2/5/2009 2:50:50 AM   
sabre1

Same problem here milkweg.  I don't have TrackIR so I can't comment on that aspect.  I just wish they could get the mouse and graphics to work as advertised.

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 2
RE: My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshat... - 2/5/2009 5:15:27 PM   
wdboyd

Did you guys patch from version 5.0.2 of the game?

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 3
RE: My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshat... - 2/5/2009 11:08:15 PM   
sabre1

Just purchased the game, downloaded it from Matrix, and then patched it to the current version.

(in reply to wdboyd)
Post #: 4
RE: My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshat... - 2/5/2009 11:52:07 PM   
wdboyd

I suspect the version available from Matrix is 5.0.2.

I am now patched to the 5.0.3 beta from my 5.0.1 version and experiance no problems.

Version 5.0.2 introduced TrackIR support and it never worked right for me or my computer. I deleted it entirely and re-loaded up to my 5.0.1 version.

Apparently, the 5.0.3 beta does not fix the 5.0.2 version problems.

I suggest you report all of your problems, in detail,  to their helpdesk.

< Message edited by wdboyd -- 2/5/2009 11:54:23 PM >

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 5
RE: My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshat... - 2/6/2009 6:08:56 AM   
sabre1

WD,

I reported the problems, but I don't have much hope.  It seems as if this game is no longer supported by anyone based on number of posts and interest, but thanks for repsonding.

(in reply to wdboyd)
Post #: 6
RE: My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshat... - 2/6/2009 9:33:41 PM   
Matti Kuokkanen

After reading this thread, I almost feel happy I stopped at version 4.5

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 7
RE: My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshat... - 2/12/2009 12:38:12 PM   
milkweg

Solved the TrackIR issue. Had to give the game admin rights and had to check box to not disable visual themes under compatibility tab.

(in reply to Matti Kuokkanen)
Post #: 8
RE: My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshat... - 2/19/2009 11:18:22 AM   
DamoclesX

meh, I cant even get it to load the old mods, thankfully I can decompress them, but, wow, no idea what could be crashing them at load.

sigh.. love re-learing everything I thought I knew lol!
nothing like 500 megs of stuff to sort through.

Jason Blaz
Way to much to list here!

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 9
RE: My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshat... - 2/19/2009 8:42:13 PM   
wdboyd

DamoclesX,

I just loaded up the B5:HTL 500 mod which I carry on http://www.starshattermods.com .

I followed the included installations instructions.

I had loaded a fresh version of Starshatter:TGS 5.0.0.

I updated to version 5.0.1.

NOTE: I bypassed version 5.0.2.

I then updated to the 5.0.3 beta patch.

The B5 mod opened and ran fine.

I started the first included custom mission. It loaded correctly with no CTD.

If I remember correctly, there are problems with a few of the included missions, but that has nothing to do with the overall mod operation.

I've commented about this mod before, but I'll declare it again... this is an outstanding and quality production for the original Starshatter. By the way, it runs fine on the TGS version of the simulation.

Don't walk, don't run... immediately shuttle over to the Antari Shipyard section of our downloads page and get this quality mod. If you are a B5 fan, this mod is a must have.

Keep Em Flying Commanders.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by wdboyd -- 2/19/2009 8:57:56 PM >

(in reply to DamoclesX)
Post #: 10
RE: My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshat... - 4/10/2009 12:55:34 AM   
milkweg

quote:

ORIGINAL: milkweg

Solved the TrackIR issue. Had to give the game admin rights and had to check box to disable visual themes under compatibility tab.

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 11
RE: My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshat... - 7/22/2009 1:41:06 PM   
Destraex

b5 mod sounds great. I always get the urge to go play this game again. But cannot ever quite get around to going back to it. Too many distractions.....

Real Time Tactical Battles. Real Time Campaign Map. WW1 Fleets

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> My experience after the first 5 minutes in Starshatter:TGS with 5.03b patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI