Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Four New Awards for the Matrix Trophy Case!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Four New Awards for the Matrix Trophy Case! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Four New Awards for the Matrix Trophy Case! - 2/2/2009 6:17:44 PM   
SeanD

Congratulations to 2by3 Games and AGEOD for taking home awards in the Best Strategy Game category at Gamer's Hall.

Matrix Games is thrilled to announce that 2by3 Games' War Between the States and AGEOD's Birth of America 2 have both won awards in Gamer Hall's Best Strategy Games of 2008! Additionally, Koios Works' Panzer Command: Kharkov and, once again, 2by3's War Between the States have won awards in the War-Historical's Wargame of the Year 2008 contest!

At Gamer's Hall, War Between the States achieved the highest honor with a Gold in the category and Birth of America 2 won an impressive Bronze as well! As for the War-Historical Awards, Panzer Command: Kharkov brought home the Gold this time and War Between the States took a Bronze medal as its second award thus far.

Congrats to all three developers once again!

< Message edited by SeanD -- 2/2/2009 6:38:12 PM >

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Four New Awards for the Matrix Trophy Case! - 2/2/2009 7:05:22 PM   
Hertston

All three are terrific games.. well done to everybody concerned. I'm particularly pleased to see PC: Kharkov getting some recognition.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Four New Awards for the Matrix Trophy Case! - 2/2/2009 11:14:20 PM   
GShock

Premise: I would have voted exactly as the prizes have been assigned now. So i couldn't be less surprised or happier about these results.

Question: While Gamers' Hall (and all others i suppose) keep their voting, why don't we at Matrix get organized with votes too? We could do that easily with forum polls.

How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 3
RE: Four New Awards for the Matrix Trophy Case! - 2/5/2009 10:18:18 AM   
Vorsteher

I think it is better, this make neutral players, not the publisher forum.

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 4
RE: Four New Awards for the Matrix Trophy Case! - 2/5/2009 2:26:13 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vorsteher I think it is better, this make neutral players, not the publisher forum.

As I'm the guy who sorta organizes this on Usenet's War-Historical forum there's a couple of points I wanted to make

1) It's indeed better if this is done in a neutral environment. It's an open vote too - nobody can point to our election and claim it was rigged which is simply not possible with the voting mechanism of the forum software here.

2) Someone could organize a "Best Matrix Game of 2008" award, but I don't think it's such a good idea as fans will get worked-up about the rules, and the game/developer with the largest mobilization capacity will win.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Vorsteher)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Four New Awards for the Matrix Trophy Case! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI