Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Locked Units!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Birth of America 2: Wars in America >> Locked Units! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Locked Units! - 1/9/2009 6:35:54 PM   
kentcol

In playing the 1636 Pequot War Scenario, why are ALL my units locked? The envelope states they can move and even when I advance turns they all stay locked. I have moved the Activation Rule to all three boxes but always the same result. What am I doing wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Locked Units! - 1/9/2009 6:59:33 PM   
lodilefty

What side are you playing?

If you are GBR:
Most of the colonists remain locked for several turns, but the Natives allied with the colonists can move immediately.
Most cities and towns include locked garrisons.

GBR and IND:
All Native villages include the static 'Tribes' that remain locked
All it takes is one locked unit in a group to lock the entire group, so be sure you didn't merge units with the static ones.

"Hover" your mouse over a unit and it will tell you how long it is locked....

If you still have problems, zip the saved game subfolder and upload it at the AGEOD forum...

I hope this helps

AGEOD Volunteer
Visit the AGE Wiki at http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Main_Page

(in reply to kentcol)
Post #: 2
RE: Locked Units! - 1/9/2009 7:37:19 PM   
kentcol

Okay, I'll try that, playing as GBR. But, why are units locked for several turns when there are only 8 turns in the scenario? Thanks for your help

(in reply to lodilefty)
Post #: 3
RE: Locked Units! - 1/9/2009 8:15:27 PM   
Arsan

Hi
The locking of units is used by the game designers to represent different things, based on the historic situation the scenario models.
For example, as Lodilefty says, most indian villages have two units. One is a movable warriors unit, the other represent the "tribe" which is fixed on their village to defend it and keep it under his control.
Its similar with fixed garrisons in towns and forts, which usually are locked in place unless attacked (then they are set free to move).
Many times, units are locked for a turn or two to represent surprise or unpreparedness. For example if in a scenario a surprise Indian attack is represented, on turn one the Indians will be able to move, but the "surprised" colonials will not be able to move for 1 or 2 turns.
Regards!

(in reply to kentcol)
Post #: 4
RE: Locked Units! - 1/9/2009 9:24:34 PM   
lodilefty

quote:

ORIGINAL: kentcol

Okay, I'll try that, playing as GBR. But, why are units locked for several turns when there are only 8 turns in the scenario? Thanks for your help

This was a combination of history [units raised, but didn't do anything] and playbalance.

At first, with unlocked units the IND had no chance. So locking them allowed a balanced scenario.

Historically, there really wasn't a lot to the Pequot War. A few raids, and the Misistuck Massacre [try it to see the result ]

This scenario was added to
a) stretch the time period covered
b) add the Natives side to the search for history we try to build into the games
c) Test some new AI commands - which appears to work well....

In my opinion, it is a scenario that begs for the new15 day turns to be modded in.
...but I'm seriously biased

AGEOD Volunteer

(in reply to kentcol)
Post #: 5
RE: Locked Units! - 1/9/2009 10:32:23 PM   
kentcol

Yeh, you were all correct. I quickly played through the scenario and, in time, units were indeed unlocked. Thanks, quick responses were appreciated.

(in reply to lodilefty)
Post #: 6
RE: Locked Units! - 1/9/2009 10:40:20 PM   
lodilefty

So, did ya win?

AGEOD Volunteer

(in reply to kentcol)
Post #: 7
RE: Locked Units! - 1/10/2009 5:17:58 AM   
kentcol

Like I said, I just played through it quickly to see what would happen. Final score was 18 to 18, a draw.

(in reply to lodilefty)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Birth of America 2: Wars in America >> Locked Units! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI