Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New to Httr, Better Late then Never:)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Highway to the Reich >> New to Httr, Better Late then Never:) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New to Httr, Better Late then Never:) - 1/4/2009 1:01:43 AM   
slybelle

Just purchased HTTR as part of the holiday sale. I have previously purchased and played COTA, but for whatever reason held out in buying HTTR. Probably because I felt it might be a step backward from COTA. However, I really like the subject matter of HTTR and decided to give it a whirl. Although there probably are many changes under the hood (and some I can obvisouly see), I haven't seen anything that would detract from it being a good game and enjoyable. Glad I purchased and now it can get me back in the mood as I wait for the Bulge game, been waiting a long time for that one:)

Arjuna, again a great series and I will continue to look forward to the next version!!! BTW, is February still realistic:)
Post #: 1
RE: New to Httr, Better Late then Never:) - 1/4/2009 3:56:29 AM   
Arjuna

slybelle,

The release all depends on how quickly I can fix the scheduling issue which has dogged me for the last month. Because of the complexity added to the new Move doctrine, which now automatically constructs needed bridges, I have had to change the scheduling code quite extensively. We now need to support a network or web of tasks rather than just a series. I won't bore you with the minutae but suffice to say it's turned out to be a bigger job than expected. Where I have heard that before.

I've taken off the Xmas/New Year holiday period to recharge the batteries. So I'll tackle this issue again shortly. I'll keep you all informed in the BFTB\Progress thread. Cheers and enjoy HTTR!

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to slybelle)
Post #: 2
RE: New to Httr, Better Late then Never:) - 1/4/2009 2:37:16 PM   
slybelle

Thanks and looking forward to it!

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: New to Httr, Better Late then Never:) - 1/11/2009 11:49:45 PM   
hank

I've been playing HttR for the last month almost exclusively in anticipation of BftB.  Its captured my interest once again and I've learned many nuances to the game I didn't know before.  Its a great game.  I'm sure CotA is also a great game but I passed on it since I knew or had much interest in the theater of operation.

But, the Bulge has always been a big interest of mine so I'm a sure fire buyer of BftB when it comes out.

(in reply to slybelle)
Post #: 4
RE: New to Httr, Better Late then Never:) - 2/10/2009 9:10:57 AM   
Sybma

Same here Slybelle, big fan and playing Cota but never bought HTTR as feeling it as a step back. However, living in the Netherlands, i stay interested in it. Nevertheless it bothers me to still pay the full price for a game over 5 years old now. I think HTTR sales would benefit of a reduction right now in the waiting time for Bulge.

greetings,

Harold

(in reply to hank)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Highway to the Reich >> New to Httr, Better Late then Never:) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI