Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

strange unit transfers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> strange unit transfers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
strange unit transfers - 1/2/2009 12:42:48 AM   
Mehring

I've seen this before but never got round to finding out what's going on.

I have what is basically an armour/infantry unit which also has AA and a truck and I want to transfer an infantry gun into it. It won't accept the infantry gun for all the landcap in the world, not even if I try to transfer to it from the same hex. In one case I'm looking at now, I get the "basic cost 9999" message. My available landcap is around 39000 and to transfer the same gun SF to the unit next door costs only 130.

Here's another one.

I want to transfer trains from one HQ to another. If I do so within the "own power" range, no problem, as many as I want, but "own power" is only about 20 hexes. Beyond the "own power" range I get a basic cost of, say, 115 to move 23 rail hexes but to transfer just one train casts 23000 landcap, more than half my landcap. Is this right?

Any answers?

In passing, I find the landcap system very strange when it comes to transfering units not directly to or from the transports' location. Seems very unrealistic tarrifs.
Post #: 1
RE: strange unit transfers - 1/2/2009 1:27:01 AM   
Mike Dubost

The only time I have seen the "basic cost 9999" message is if there is no valid path (e.g., trying to sea transfer to a unit inland or trying to transfer beyond the range that can be transferred).

The only other thing that comes to mind is trying to transfer without any AP in the source unit. I think that was a separate error message though.

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 2
RE: strange unit transfers - 1/2/2009 3:13:31 AM   
Barthheart

I've also seen the "9999" basic cost if the receiving unit has not slots available for the SFT. Regular units, not HQ's, can only have 8 different SFT's in them. Note also that SFT's of different peoples act as different SFT's.

Example: a unit with 1 Rifle(German), 1 mortar(German), 1 MG(German), 1 SMG(German), 1 Rifle(SS), 1 mortar(SS), 1 MG(SS), and 1 SMG(SS) has 8 different SFT's and all it's slots are full. Same goes for different versions of same SFT: Rifle and Rifle II are different SFT's and take a slot each.

For the Trains transfering out of their "own power" range it seems reasonable that they would take a lot of landcap to move as trains are very heavy things. Maybe the "own power" range of trains in the scenario needs to be lenghtened.

Strategic transfer cost include the virtual movement of the trains to the unit from the HQ and back to the HQ. So if you want to moive teh unit to a different hex than the HQ with the trains, even more landcap is needed for the extra distance from the HQ to the final destination.

A pic of the situation might help..... but I'm guessing you don't want German spies to see your plans.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Mike Dubost)
Post #: 3
RE: strange unit transfers - 1/2/2009 12:13:26 PM   
Mehring

Thanks both of you, the no slots available explains the gun transfer problem. Didn't realise there was a limit.

I'd also agree that the "own power" needs to be increased. I'd always assume a train to be travelling under its own power, even if it transfers to another unit. If it can travel across a map to transfer something else, and presumably back again, surely it should be able to do the same outbound distance and not come back.

Here's an example of what I regard as unreasonable strat movement tarrifs-

A unit 50 hexes from its transport provider strat moves 1 hex closer to the transport provider. This movement costs many times more than the unit travelling all the way to the transport provider, yet the virtual distance travelled is exactly the same. This might be explained by a premium paid for the time spent seperately detraining 1 hex closer and then the train returning to base for maintenance, but the cost decreases for every hex moved closer to the transport provider. I can see no rationale for this.

Barthheart, put simply, we have no tank units left, but an intro to your AAR in the "OKH - STAVKA I" thread to set the stage for the reports to come, would probably not constitute an intelligence leak. I'll study it closely, all the same.

< Message edited by Mehring -- 1/2/2009 12:14:32 PM >

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> strange unit transfers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI