Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower menus in vista

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower menus in vista Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower menus ... - 11/29/2008 10:29:25 AM   
Destraex

Score: 0
I frequently have to press enter after hovering over the lower mouse button.
I will try turning to vista basic start menu may fix.
But anyone had the problem?

Real Time Tactical Battles. Real Time Campaign Map. WW1 Fleets
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower me... - 11/29/2008 10:31:40 AM   
Destraex

ignore the post, setting the vista interface from aero to windows basic did the trick

Real Time Tactical Battles. Real Time Campaign Map. WW1 Fleets

(in reply to Destraex)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower me... - 1/25/2009 12:09:16 AM   
sabre1

I have this same mouse problem, and also the problem with the graphics setting not staying set when you select it.  I have tried all kinds of settings, administrator mode, win 98, xp, etc..., but nothing seems to fix it. 

This is the first game under Vista 64 Ultimate, that I have not been able to run flawlessly, and I have LOTS of games, old and new.

(in reply to Destraex)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower me... - 1/25/2009 4:00:06 AM   
rvpm200

I am running Vista 64 Ultimate and have problems with the lower menu items. I moved tha task bar to the top of the screen and while it helped it did not stop the problem. I will try windows basic and moving the task bar to see if the combination helps.

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower me... - 1/25/2009 6:34:28 AM   
sabre1

Thanks for the help, keep me updated.

(in reply to rvpm200)
Post #: 5
RE: Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower me... - 2/4/2009 9:59:29 PM   
milkweg

You can force video setting to stick by editing the video.cfg file manually. Once you do that though don't ever go into the video options panel again. As for the mouse issue and clicking accept or cancel. I just use enter for accept and escp key for cancel. One thing that may fix it without having to turn off Aero is to disable viusal themes by going to the compatibility tab when you select properties for the shortcut game file oir the game.exe itself. Man, this game is in rough shape.

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 6
RE: Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower me... - 2/12/2009 12:55:18 PM   
milkweg

I tested it just now and confirmed that just right clicking the game shortcut, selecting properties and checking the box to disable visual themes will fix this issue so no need to use Basic instead of Aero to fix it or move your task bar to the top of the screen. I've had a couple of games where disabling visual themes under compatibility tab fixed similar glitches. I now set all games under Vista to run as admin too because that often is a common fix for older games under Vista.

< Message edited by milkweg -- 2/12/2009 12:57:06 PM >

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 7
RE: Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower me... - 2/13/2009 3:52:22 AM   
sabre1

Milkweg,

Thanks, Matrix should hire you for their support staff.  At least you didn't give up and chalk it up to so sad to bad you use Vista.  Your fix solved the mouse problem.  What do you set the texture mode too when you use the highest graphics setting?  Thanks for the great support.

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 8
RE: Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower me... - 2/13/2009 3:59:25 AM   
sabre1

Graphics fix works also. You are the man.

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 9
RE: Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower me... - 2/13/2009 5:10:11 AM   
wdboyd

Hi,

The game was built before the Vista operating system.

It seems that most of the problems are not with the game, but compatibility with the new operating system. Regardless, it is good you were able to straighten some things out.

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> Anyone encountered mouse problems pressing lower menus in vista Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI