I am doing preliminary work on an extensive mod based on 1.02. This has the ability to mod the platoon files. What I am doing is modding the CS game (Rising sun platform for a civil war mod).
Rework the Japanese to the CSA
keeping the US as Union
* will have international Brigades
* will have British siding with Union or CSA as the Dynamic game progrsses
* Will have a comprehensive artillery structure based on the CS engine
* Will add Horse Artillery, Coastal Guns, Gun Boats, Supply Trains, Scouts, Balloon Corps
* Will remap OOB to reflect actual CW OOB through the war.
* Will put in place strategic type map that when opposing forces meet it will trigger the CS Engine
* Extensive rework of base, icons etc.
* Map editing using CS to recreate better battles then the BG series (That is one flaw for the BG is that there is no map editing to speak of)
* Looking an extending the war to include technology advances, Improved Gatling Guns, Artillery and Tactics.
* Raider units on the Strategic side side when raiding a town will kick in the CS engine to produce a small scale engagement.
these are just some of the things I will be working on....is there any interest in this mod before I motor on
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re