Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Revolt question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Commander - Napoleon at War >> Revolt question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Revolt question - 11/26/2008 3:18:09 AM   
xriz

When playing the AI as France; once you take Vienna the Austrians become a vassals, then typically a few turns latter Austria revolts. I’m playing PBEM as the Coalition and even though I’m push France back, the Austrians are not revolting even 20 turns latter.

Now, when playing the AI, all the Austrian minor cites are now French owned but not occupied unless you move units on to them because the AI Russian can’t figure out to occupy the cites before Vienna falls. In my PBEM game I put up a much stiffer defense then the AI but I saw the end coming and occupied all the minor Austrian cites with Russian troops before Vienna was taken.

So the question is wondering if my occupying Austrian minor cities with Russian troops is keeping Austria form revolting based on the programming?
Post #: 1
RE: Revolt question - 11/26/2008 4:06:37 PM   
Moltke71

My guess is the early Austrian revolts in solitaire is a balancer for the lame AI.

Jim Cobb

(in reply to xriz)
Post #: 2
RE: Revolt question - 11/27/2008 12:58:50 AM   
balto

How in the heck did the AI take Vienna from you? Read my posts about bringing in Russians and Brits.., The AI should never ever get close to taking Vienna. Sure they can get within two hexes, but that is easily beaten back. You just hold the AI until Prussia/Saxony, declares war, then you steamroller France.

< Message edited by balto -- 11/27/2008 1:01:22 AM >

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 3
RE: Revolt question - 11/30/2008 12:25:33 AM   
xriz

The AI didn't take take Vienna from me, I took Vienna as the French, playing the AI colalition. Austria tended to revolt right away, just a couple of turns after taking it.

Playing anther player, PBEM, Austria finaly revloted on turn 45, about 30 turns after Vienna fell and the French have been on the run for 10 turns with no troops near Vienna.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 4
RE: Revolt question - 12/4/2008 11:54:55 AM   
firepowerjohan

10.3 Vassals and Revolts

Countries can revolt more than once.Revolts do not happen automatically but is offered at several occasions where the players choose if they want to revolt or wait for a better opportunity.A premature revolt is more likely to get crushed so it is wise to wait until the right moment.

Jim, do you from experience see that Austria always revolt early or does it vary according to random? Thanks!

< Message edited by firepowerjohan -- 12/4/2008 11:56:01 AM >

Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead developer of:
World Empires Live http://www.worldempireslive.com/
CEAW http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18
CNAW http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=52

(in reply to xriz)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Commander - Napoleon at War >> Revolt question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI