How many games should I play?

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

midgard30

How many games should I play?

Post by midgard30 »

Hi,

I'm wondering how many games should I play before asking for opponents? What level of strategical knowledge should I acquire?

Actually, I playing my first game with AWD (scenario 42 with the Axis). I did play few games with the original WaW as the Axis. I'm more in the discovery mood, than trying to develop the grand winning strategy, because I admit, it's not easy to assimilate all the manual's information. This game seems to have a very rich inner game mechanic.
GKar

RE: How many games should I play?

Post by GKar »

No matter what you do, you'll probably lose your first PBEM badly. [:D]
...but you will also learn a lot from it.

I'd recommend that you should have played at least one full game (starting in '39) with each side (Axis, Allies) with fog of war and advanced supply, since these settings are used by most people. When you feel reasonably safe that you know and have experienced most of the rules (reading the manual and the patch logs will help), then you should be free to go for a PBEM. If you mention that it is your first PBEM, you might even find a fellow AWD starter or a veteran that is willing to share some insights.
midgard30

Post by midgard30 »

ORIGINAL: GKar

No matter what you do, you'll probably lose your first PBEM badly. [:D]
Hehe... That's exactly what I was afraid of...
...but you will also learn a lot from it.
And I'm happy to read that. In fact, I was more afraid not to be a very good player so nobody would want to play with me again! Good advices are always welcome.
I'd recommend that you should have played at least one full game (starting in '39) with each side (Axis, Allies) with fog of war and advanced supply, since these settings are used by most people.
That's what I planned: to play at least a full campaign with both sides. I play my actual game with advanced supply already , but no fog of war for this one, because I want to see how the AI plays.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: macob30

And I'm happy to read that. In fact, I was more afraid not to be a very good player so nobody would want to play with me again! Good advices are always welcome.

Sure you will find someone to play [:)]
Reading the AARs might help you learn strategies, you have plenty of them. [8D]
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
joe_canadian

Post by joe_canadian »

I am only on my 3rd and 4th pbem and am still not very good, so if your looking for another beginner to play against let me no

History is written by the winners
midgard30

Post by midgard30 »

Cool then!

As soon as I feel comfortable with the game (probably after I played both sides), I'll let you know.[8D]
joe_canadian

Post by joe_canadian »

sounds good
History is written by the winners

Return to “Opponents Wanted”