A Norwegian CiC Allied Forces - No Roy2008!

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

terje439

A Norwegian CiC Allied Forces - No Roy2008!

Post by terje439 »

My first PBEM game (against Roy2008), so mistakes are bound to be made...I am the allies as can be seen in the next few posts...[:@]

House rules
-ASW Groups max 6 Ships
-Upgrading of 2-engined bombers to 4-engined maximum of 2 seasons of the year From 1942 ff
-A maximum of 50 bombers (4mots) may lay mines per round
-No other ships in PT-TFs and max 6 PTs
- Wildcat-hunting season at Wake may be deducted.
-No KB/allied CV force on ASW only

Japan:
- no landing on java/Midway/Southborneo on first turn

Allied:
- No movements (commands) on the first day, except in China.
- U.S. mobile carrier units (1st round laying), but may not carry out attacks and need to behave defensively.
- All units with HQ "China Command" will remain in the historic Chinese borders including Manchukuo.

*edit* This AAR will not include alot of combat reports cut from the txt file, nor will all ships lost be reported. Once every now and then a complete update will show the overall map/total losses etc as I see fit.

And do feel free to post in here, and laugh/point at my mistakes [:D]
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
terje439

RE: A Norwegian CiC Allied Forces - No Roy2008!

Post by terje439 »

December 7th 1941
Speech by President Roosevelt;
Today the nation of Japan has attacked several Dutch, Commonwealth and American targets throughout the Pacific. We are at war against the tyranny of Japan! After a brief discussion amongst top diplomats, the US has been given overall command of the Pacific theatre, and we appointed a Norwegian as CiCPac. Why you might wonder? The answer is easy, we, the Allies have decided to go for an Europe-First strategy, meaning our best officers are needed in Europe.

Newsbroadcast later that day.
Todays surprise attack by Japan wrecked havoc amongst the Allied navies. In Manilla several subs were sunk, and several minor vessels were sunk throughout the entire Pacific. The biggest losses however were reported at Singapore were HMS Prince of Wales was sunk in the harbour by Japanese airplanes, and just off Johnson Island were the USS Enterprise went down after being hit by a mixture of torpedoes and bombs launched from Japanese bombers flying from enemy carriers. Enemy landings have been reported several places, the most threathening ones are at Johore Baru, Rabaul, Kiska, Attu and all over the Philipphines. The RAF tells that their base at Mandalay was taken by enemy Paratroopers at the cost of the base force deployed there and 40 P40B Tomahawks. A dire day!

terje439

Post by terje439 »

December 8th 1941
Newsbroadcast in the evening
Another abysmal day for the Allied forces. Japan continue to advance seemingly unnoposed. Reports tells us that the city of Hong Kong has fallen as has several of the smaller bases in the Philipphines. Commander Terje439 has ordered some bases to be made into strongpoints from were we will eventually strike back at the enemy, so far the name of these bases has not been made public, all we know is that one is located far to the west in the theatre, one in the north, three in the south and one smack in the middle.
As to Allied losses today, the RN tells that they had to scuttle the HMS Repulse as she was too heavily damaged to escape (99 sys, 68 flood, 18 fire as my turn started), the damage was inflicted by enemy aircrafts.
Our brave Dutch allies tells us that most of Borneo is currently being invaded, and that there is little hope for them to hold the island. Hopefully they will manage to demolish the resources and oil at Tarakan and Balikpapan before they are forced out.

terje439

Post by terje439 »

December 9th 1941
Speech by CiCPac Terje439
After taking advice from Admiral Nimitz, today saw another poor day for the Allied forces. Admiral Nimitz has as a result been demoted to mess boy on a PT. As adviced by Nimitz, the USS Lexington was ordered to a position west of Johnson Island and South of Wake to avoid enemy carriers operating around Johnson Island. The result was a disaster, the enemy carriers were obviously ordered back towards Japan, and wave after wave of enemy torpedo and dive bombers struck the poor Lady Lex, sinking her in the evening. Our brave boys did not go down without a fight however, and two 1000lb bomb hits were scored on the IJN Soryu, and one 1000lb caused an internal explosion on the IJN Hiryu which is reported to be on fire.
Furthermore, orders has been issued to start developing the following bases to their full potential;
-Port Moresby
-Pearl Harbour
-Noumea
-Brisbane
-Soerebaja
-Tricomalee
-Dutch Harbour
Eventually the combined might of the Allies will outproduce Japan, and then we will need somewere to strike back from.
My ground commanders tell me that the enemy is getting closer and closer, and as a fact all these places seem is jeopardy with the exception of Tricomalee. We are in for an ugly prolonged fight, were the world as we know it is at stake. So I will make a request to all available personell, ENLIST NOW!

bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

good luck to you. you seem to need it! your opponent is very competent and did very smart moves in the first turns. the airborne attack on Mandalay for example with the destruction of the AVG fighters.

also, loseing 2 CVs is a hard hit in this early stage of the war. american Cvs are easy to sink at the beginning with small and outdated (buffalo) fighter wings.

but at least you got 2 hits on a japs CV. amazeing that your SBD were able to penetrate the KB-CAP!
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Thank you, and I believe the only reason I managed to score some hits on his CVs was that he obviously did not expect to encounter my last CV as he had no CAP flying.

terje439

Post by terje439 »

December 10th 1941
Speech by President Roosevelt
I have been asked again and again why a Norwegian is in command in the Pacific when the Norwegians have no forces present, this is simply not true, they have several vessels located in India helping the Allied cause! I will not discuss this apointment any further!

Newspaper clipping late that day
Rumors circulate that more losses has occured in the Pacific. According to our sources, the heavy cruisers Salt Lake City and Astoria were sunk alongside the light cruiser Boise. Reports have also arrived that the Japanese have landed at Lae, something that must be incorrect as that severly threathens CiCPac Terje439's plans on holding Port Moresby. Not all news are bad however, some of our lads flying out of Manilla severly damaged a Japanese ship. As of now it is unknown what ship was hit, it is however believed to be a minor vessel.

Radio broadcast all day long.
A blackout is now in effect on all US West coast cities after several enemy submarines have been sighted off the coast

terje439

Post by terje439 »

December 11th 1941
Front page every newspaper
Today huge success was achieved in the Pacific as two Japanese ships were sunk. A Japanese Patrol ship and a Japanese Minelayer both went into their watery grave today!

Somewere within those same newspapers
Casualties continue to raise for our brave navies. Today the heavy cruisers Portland and Chicago were targeted by several Japanese aircrafts and promptly sunk. Even on land the Japanese onslought continues, the IJA is now reported to have made landings on Buna and Amchikita. CiCPac Terje439 has already taken action to strengthen the ports of Dutch Harbour and Port Moresby to twart any furter Japanese agression. He also mentioned that the Japanese airstrip at Johnson Island has to be shut down, to accomplish this our fine engineers are being sent to Lihu so that the airstrip already present can be expanded into a size that will allow our excellent heavy bombers use the strip

terje439

Post by terje439 »

December 12th 1941
Major newspaper article
The war spreads! Several nations have found their heart and declared on Germany today. All of the free world rejoiced as the nations of El Salvador, Haiti and Panama issued a Declaration of War towards Germany. This is mainly due to the US D.O.W on Germany yesterday. It is in times of hardship your true friends are revealed."

Minor coloumn in the same paper
CiCPac Terje439 reports that no major actions took place throughout the day. The only thing worth nothing to the public is that three Commonwealth destroyers previously damaged at port in Hong Kong were jumped by a large Japanese task force just east of Manilla. The onesided battle lasted a full 10 seconds with all three Commonwealth ships sunk.

khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

What version of WITP are you playing?
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

What version of WITP are you playing?

Good Q. Stock, 1.8.06. Scn 15.

terje439

Post by terje439 »

December 13th 1941
Extra news bulletin
Disaster strikes in the Pacific!
Today reports have arrived that states that the city of Singapore surrendered after a mere symbolic fight. Close to 45.000 Commonwealth troops are reported to have gone into captivity. CiCPac Terje439 is reported to be furious by the British decision to keep 5 fighter and bomber wings in the city. These planes, supposed to be flown out of the city in two days were now all lost. As to add to injury the forces of Imperial Japan also landed in force on Midway, and after hard fighting took out our garrison on the Island.

Poster in the street
Aluminum needed! The Government would like all that are able to donate as much unneeded cooking pots as possible. These pots will then be melted and turned into planes that are desperately needed to fight the enemies of the nation.

Poster at a recruitment center in the town of Bethel, NY
More men needed by Uncle Sam.
"Come on fathers don't hesitate
send your sons off before it's too late
be the first ones on your block
to have your boy come home in a box"

(Lyrics from 'Feels Like I'm Fixing to Die Rag' by Country Joe McDonald and the Fish)

bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

wow, i never saw singapur falling so early in the war in all this AARs. roy seems to mean it realy serious. what went wrong? he landed at mersing and attacked singapur directly instead of the towns in N and central malaya?
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Yea, I still hold most of Malaya, but he landed just north of Singapore and marched south immedeately. I realised the city would fall soon as I had no time to expand its defences, I just thought it would hold 2-3 turns more, so I would have flown out all airunits on the 15th... He brought in some 85k troops. He has also bombed the city quite a few times, and my 6 or so bombers per turn really did not cause any real damage on his units. As of now, he holds Singapore, Mandalay, Philliphines (-Manilla, Clark AF and Bataan), Borneo (with a few exceptions in the south), all of the island with Rabaul on it (I still own Rabaul, but only for one or two more turns), he has landed on Lae and Buna, Midway and Johnson Island is Japanese, and so are three of the Kurile Islands. I've also spotted a strong surface TF heading towards Ceylon (BB, BB, BB, CA, CA, CA is reported) were I have one BB, one CVL, and a few PGs...Only airforce available at Ceylon is 12 Swordfish and 8 Boston, I suppose this is just a raid, but we will see. Thankfully almost all units in Karachi are soon loaded on transports and ready for redeployment. I had hoped that would have been in Burma but Ceylon is more important. Units are also enroute to Dutch Harbour, Port Moresby and Lihu (should be within B17 range of Johnson Island). Atm PH is a no sail area, KB and bombers on Johnson Island is giving me a headache!

It seems he is stronger in the Pacific ocean than in Burma, so I have some hope of stopping him somewere in Burma, and I've seen no carriers in the Kuriles, just a BB. Hopefully I might catch him up north as all my BBs are heading there (they cannot do anything anywere without aircover atm anyway).

Manilla is the only place on the Philliphines were I will make a stand, hopefully it will hold, the same with Soerebaja, all units are heading there as soon as they can to build up the defences and atleast slow him down...

khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

Be aware that your recon flights might not see any carriers in that TF heading towards Ceylon. They just see the screening forces such as BB/CA/CL/DD etc. Keep your remaining CV's safe behind LBA. You have lost the best fighter squadron in Burma and it will take awhile to build up some experienced hurricanes.

In addition, you also lack engineering forces in India and Australia to build airports and forts. Try to take some of the Dutch base forces out with the AP's you have still floating in DEI. They dont cost much in the way of PP. Dont waste time loading supplies, just get them to Northern Oz and India. This opponent is most likely going to invade one or both of those locations. The TF heading towards Ceylon should be a warning. If India, pull troops out of Burma as fast as possible so they dont get cut off and destroyed.

One other move you should consider now is to take a few fighter squads in the US and try to move them to India. Keep in mind it will take two months to move them by sea.

I am holding Manila and Soerabaja right now and it is 5/15/42. I wont post the details because I dont want my esteemed foe to learn all the details but you may send me a PM if you are interested in some further points.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Actually I am not that worried about his CVs, KB is off Johnson Island, CVE+CVL+CS's is present south of Borneo, so they should be covered. I am very unsure as to what he is up to with that TF in the Indian Ocean, it might be (I do so hope) that he has realised by my withdraw path, that Tricomalee is my main port in the Indian ocean and he is in to see what is home. Besides he CANNOT be strong everywere, so if he is heading for India/Ceylon, I will have to push on elsewere, but he is strong in Singapore, China and NEI...

terje439

Post by terje439 »

December 14th 1941

Headline in all major newspapers
RABAUL FALLS!
Today our brave lads isolated at Rabaul had depleted all their ammunition and eaten all their mules. Rather than sacrifice more men in a charge on the Japanese positions which would result in nothing but a massacre of our boys, the garrison decided they could do no more, and surrendered. Although expected, it is still sad to see 5000 of our brave men go into a POW-camp, they have however held out against superior forces for far longer than could be expected. The Japanese have suffered quite a few casualties getting ashore in force at Rabaul and several ships have been damaged while trying to land troops. The proximity to Truk however made certain that Japan could land more troops here than we could hope to do.

Conference between Churchill, Roosevelt and CiCPac Terje439
Roosevelt: The public needs a positive report!
CiCPac: I have just the thing for this evening news, Sir!
Churchill: What do we know about the enemy taskforce in the Indian Ocean?
CiCPac: According to intel that taskforce has remained in place, and is most likely in place to prevent shipping between India and NEI.
Roosevelt: I have just ordered the expansion of our armed forces and asked women to start working our factories. This should assure more forces availabe to you.
Churchill: What do you need to make an offensive?
CiCPac: 200 Zero-fighters!
Churchill: ...

Newsreel on all cinemas
Narrator: our forces fight back the enemy, however due to shortages at the moment, shortages that is being corrected just as we speak, the military service that is the biggest threat to the Japanese at the moment, is the submarine fleet.
Today one of our subs attacked and sunk a Japanese transport ship enroute to Japan, making sure some vital supplies to the Japanese war machine ended up on the seabed and not in Japan! These brave men live in claustrophobic steel tubes with hundreds of feet of water above their head, yet they have no fear as they go out once more to fight the enemy. Submariners, the Allied war effort salute you!
Narrator in a deeper voice: All is however not well, Japanese spies are everywere! Today it was realised that Japanese spies have infiltrated our torpedo factories. Due to this one of our submarines were denied a great success, as their two torpedoes launched on an enemy heavy cruiser failed to detonate. As of today noone knows how many faulty torpedoes are out there. So, beware of spies. have anyone asked YOU suspisious questions? Is Mr.Miyagi just a martial arts instructor, or is he a spy? If you see anything out of the ordenary, contact the FBI on phone number 324-324-324!

terje439

Post by terje439 »

December 15th 1941
Follow up-story from Dec 14th in a local newspaper in Rhode Island
After yesterdays shocking news that our torpedoes are not up to standard, the citizens of Newport started looking around for suspected spies. This hunt demasked 15 spies working at the Naval Torpedo Station. The spies claim that they are indeed not spies at all but ordinary workers, and that the faults to our torpedoes comes from other causes like being too heavy in the front. But off course a spy would never state that he is a spy, so the FBI has taken over the case. Hopefully this will help solve the nations torpedo problems.

Headline in the Sydney Morning Herald
Japanese soldiers spotted at Gili Gili! Is this a threat to our homeland security? CiCPac claims that they will throw in anything they have available to stop an invasion of Australia if the situation arise. It is also claimed from some of our informers that CiCPac is unable to use the available forces to his liking, due to political tention.

Midpage article in the Times of India
Enemy TF in the India Ocean turns back towards Singapore.
CiCPac is however cautious about celebrating just yet as all contact with the enemy TF is lost.

terje439

Post by terje439 »

December 16th 1941
Frontpage in a major newspaper
See the situation in the Pacific on print, we have the CiCPac maps!

As can be seen the enemy is dangerously close to Australia, and they are creeping closer and closer to Alaska!
Attachments
Witpoverall.gif
Witpoverall.gif (219.48 KiB) Viewed 368 times

terje439

Post by terje439 »

December 16th 1941
Back of newspaper
Have you not heard from a loved one in some time? We have proof that more losses have occured in the Pacific than earlier known. The following report comes from the desk of CiCPac Terje439 himself!

Attachments
Witpscore.gif
Witpscore.gif (81.27 KiB) Viewed 367 times

Return to “After Action Reports”